Penrite Oil HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic)

Penrite Oil HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic)

See the Best Engine Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Frederick Von Savages

Frederick Von SavagesAU

Aussie owned & a great oil

Using the HPR5 5w/40 in the camry & it's a step up from the Gulf Western that was in it previously.
Kudos to the Penrite live chat people on their website,they are very helpful.
Bargain @ $36 from Supercheap when on sale for the 6 litre container
Next time i'll try the 10 tenths in the camry

Purchased in May 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $36.00.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Frederick, Thanks for taking the time to leave us positive feedback. Your support is very much appreciated.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

High wear observed in oil

This is for a Magna 6G74 engine on LPG. Very poor experience with this oil that I bought based on the certifications listed on the bottle. The used oil had high copper amounts. It makes me question the validity of those claims.

Purchased in June 2017.

Jason

Jason

Penrite HPR 5 is the best oil I've used.

I have a 2004 Corolla that has covered 340,000km, with the original engine, never having been replaced or overhauled. I've used Penrite HPR 5 for the last 3 changes, of which- every 15,000km. The engine is quieter and uses less oil (virtually no oil) compared to the other "fully synthetic" oils I've used. Outstanding product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $70.00.

Hi Jason,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review.

Markwa

MarkwaPerth, WA

Can't go wrong with Penrite

Used HPR5 for over a decade in my old car and it never used a drop of oil between services and ran as good as new. While the formula has changed a bit over the years I now use HPR5 in my new car and again never uses a drop of oil between services and runs nicely. I love Penrite oils and would recommend it over anything else.

CarNissan Micra K11. Ford Fiesta WT.

Maninder

ManinderMelbourne

Love it !!!!!!!

Used hpr 5 and loved my engine performance and mileage. Used Penrite engine flush as well when doing oil change. And you what oil is as clean on dipstick after 4000 kms as I have just changed oil now . Simply loved it . Was on special in supercheap bought 2 buckets of 10 litres for myself.

CarCommodore

Ben

BenCanberra

Good for my 2011 V8 Merc E550

I'd been wasting my money on Mobil 1 as Mercedes recommend it. I dare say the recommendation comes from $$$ Mobil pay them to make the recommendation rather than the oil being superior to other top oils. I switched to HPR5 5W-40 which has the Mercedes 229.5 Approval. I can't fault it after using it for about a year now. I do 5,000km oil changes as I do lots of short trips and give the engine a fair bit of stick. The engine is silky smooth, makes no valvetrain noise and gets similar fuel economy to my previous oil. The bonus is it's half the price of Mobil 1 but the same quality. Love it.

Car2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 (5.5L V8)
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for the kind feedback and support Ben! Glad our product is performing well.

Saml

Saml

Great value for money

CarHOLDEN Commodore
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your support Sami and taking the time to leave us a kind review.

Isaac Vivienne

Isaac VivienneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No issues whatsoever - so far...

I have been running Penrite 5W40 'Fully Synthetic' for over 6 year now in a 2009 Toyota Camry V6 & 4 years in a 2012 Ford Focus). Whether doing 'school runs' or holiday 'road trips', both cars run exceptionally well using this oil (winter/summer cold starts, smoothness, etc.) . Oil pressure is immediate on startup & oil consumption is minimal between services. A great 'value for money' fully synthetic engine oil..

Car2009 Toyota Camry / 2012 Ford Focus
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks Issac for your kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, it is very much appreciated. We are glad your are happy with using our products in your Camry and Focus.

Dennis b

Dennis bMelbourne

great oil

Been using Penrite oil for years my wife's 2014 Ford Focus loves it but my BMW 323i is not so happy on HPR5 you can just tell its not perfect motor runs silent but feels sluggish of the mark. other then that i think its a great oil for everyday use my old Falcon loved it

Car2014 Ford Focus and 2010 323i BMW
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for the kind review Dennis.

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

Mixed feelings on HPR 5

Car1999 and 2002 P38 Range Rovers
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Keithy, Thanks for taking the time to review us, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about any issues you are having with our products, they can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or tech@penriteoil.com

Alex10

Alex10GOSFORD

Penrite HPR5 5-40W (Full Synthetic) SN Specification Against Mobil One 5-50W (SN), Mobil One 0-40W (

Car2004 Honda Accord euro luxury and Nissan Maxima
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Alex, Thanks for taking the time to review us, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about any issues you are having with our products, they can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or tech@penriteoil.com

mirko.jokic.9216

mirko.jokic.9216Sydney, Australia

Hpr is great value for money

I bought new sv6 commodore in 2010. While the car was under warranty it was serviced with shell helix ultra. The car used to burn approx 300ml every 7500 ks.
I now service the car myself with hpr 5 and it is great. Not a drop missing between services.
I also use hpr 10 for my wifes mazda and it is great. No top ups and very stable oil.

The only issue is that my commodore needs 6.7l per service so packaging size is a bit annoying as i have to get 2x 5l every second time.

Given how common commodores are 7l container would be great !!!

Car2010 Holden Commodore SV6
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your feedback and positive review Mirko.