Penrite Oil HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic)

Penrite Oil HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic)

RYZR

RYZRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best engine oil I've ever used

I've used this oil at 10k intervals in my 2005 Santa Fe V6 and 2004 Prado 120 V6 petrol motors for years.
Always drains nice and clean, great value when on special at any retailer for a fully synth oil.
Both vehicles run like new, never had a spanner on the motors approaching 200k.
Love that its Australian made and owned too.
Recommended.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

RYZR, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review.

Lee

LeePerth, WA

USED PENRITE HPR 5-40 10 YEARS

Never had any problem with our Toyota Camry 2009 Sounds like a sewing machine 225.000 km Still going strong! I would recommend this product anytime! Did a head on a Tarago 1.000.000 km used also Penrite HPR 5 "no Problem"

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Lee, We appreciate you for taking the time in leaving us this positive review. We are glad you have had a good experience using our products on your Camry and Tarago.

An Excellent Performing Engine Oil

I've used this engine oil in my car many times, and it has always performed to an excellent standard. It is of excellent quality, and will last easily for up to 10,000 kms as it is fully synthetic. You can actually feel the power and the performance this adds to your cars engine. Worth every dollar you pay for it.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Tony, We appreciate you taking the time in leaving us such a positive review on our HPR 5 product.

Engine Oils

Find out how Penrite Oil HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic) compares to other Engine Oils

Great all round oil in cars and motorcycles

I use HPR 5 and have been for about 8 years now. My 2010 Yamaha R6 has 130000ks on and found this oil has no drop off point especially with the clutch and gear changes. (See my photo below). I always wait till Repco (or other retailers) have a good special like 30% off then it becomes so cheap. Although Penrite have a dedicated motorcycle range, HPR 5 has been tested and proven in my bike so why would I change. I also use Penrite 5w-30 premium mineral in my RX-8 with good reliability so far. Give Penrite a try.

Purchased at Repco.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Ben, Thanks for taking the time in leaving us such a positive review. We appreciate your on-going support.

Type R Civic...this puts the life back into the motor

I own a JDM 2004 Honda Civic EP3 type R... This is the ONLY oil I'd choose. VTEC relies so heavily on oil, and this stuff has given me the best results! The engine actually sounds better, it's quieter. I've used other oils, but now I know I shouldn't have

Purchased in January 2020 at Repco for A$91.00.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Matini, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a kind review! It is very much appreciated.

Chris S.

Chris S.Sydney, NSW

Excellent Product and great protection for modern turbo Euro engines.

Ive been using this oil since seeing an engine oil comparison test by one of the motor magazines years ago. I switched to Penrite after seeing the wear protection it gave on the these tests. it beat almost all the other oils in the test except for some very very expensive racing oils. Great results. I highly recommend it. I was previously a Mobil 1 and Shell Helix Ultra oil user. This Penrite range of oils is in our three cars and perfoms so well. I change the oil every 10,000kms and I'm sure it would go for longer. I'm just over cautious and have the time and $$ to do it. :)

Purchased in October 2019 at Supercheap Auto.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Chris, Thanks for the opportunity to test our HPR 5 oil in your vehicle and leaving us a kind review!

Bill

BillPerth, WA

The Good Oil

Purchased in September 2019 at Supercheap Auto.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Bill, We are glad that you're happy with the change to our HPR 5 for your Ford Territory. Also thanks for taking the time in leaving us a positive review!

Frederick Von Savages

Frederick Von SavagesAU

Aussie owned & a great oil

Using the HPR5 5w/40 in the camry & it's a step up from the Gulf Western that was in it previously.
Kudos to the Penrite live chat people on their website,they are very helpful.
Bargain @ $36 from Supercheap when on sale for the 6 litre container
Next time i'll try the 10 tenths in the camry

Purchased in May 2019 at Supercheap Auto for A$36.00.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Frederick, Thanks for taking the time to leave us positive feedback. Your support is very much appreciated.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

High wear observed in oil

This is for a Magna 6G74 engine on LPG. Very poor experience with this oil that I bought based on the certifications listed on the bottle. The used oil had high copper amounts. It makes me question the validity of those claims.

Purchased in June 2017.

Jason

Jason

Penrite HPR 5 is the best oil I've used.

I have a 2004 Corolla that has covered 340,000km, with the original engine, never having been replaced or overhauled. I've used Penrite HPR 5 for the last 3 changes, of which- every 15,000km. The engine is quieter and uses less oil (virtually no oil) compared to the other "fully synthetic" oils I've used. Outstanding product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Supercheap Auto for A$70.00.

Hi Jason,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review.

Markwa

MarkwaPerth, WA

Can't go wrong with Penrite

Used HPR5 for over a decade in my old car and it never used a drop of oil between services and ran as good as new. While the formula has changed a bit over the years I now use HPR5 in my new car and again never uses a drop of oil between services and runs nicely. I love Penrite oils and would recommend it over anything else.

CarNissan Micra K11. Ford Fiesta WT.
Maninder

ManinderMelbourne

Love it !!!!!!!

Used hpr 5 and loved my engine performance and mileage. Used Penrite engine flush as well when doing oil change. And you what oil is as clean on dipstick after 4000 kms as I have just changed oil now . Simply loved it . Was on special in supercheap bought 2 buckets of 10 litres for myself.

CarCommodore
Ben

BenCanberra

Good for my 2011 V8 Merc E550

I'd been wasting my money on Mobil 1 as Mercedes recommend it. I dare say the recommendation comes from $$$ Mobil pay them to make the recommendation rather than the oil being superior to other top oils. I switched to HPR5 5W-40 which has the Mercedes 229.5 Approval. I can't fault it after using it for about a year now. I do 5,000km oil changes as I do lots of short trips and give the engine a fair bit of stick. The engine is silky smooth, makes no valvetrain noise and gets similar fuel economy to my previous oil. The bonus is it's half the price of Mobil 1 but the same quality. Love it.

Car2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 (5.5L V8)
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for the kind feedback and support Ben! Glad our product is performing well.

Saml

Saml

Great value for money

CarHOLDEN Commodore
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your support Sami and taking the time to leave us a kind review.

Isaac Vivienne

Isaac VivienneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No issues whatsoever - so far...

I have been running Penrite 5W40 'Fully Synthetic' for over 6 year now in a 2009 Toyota Camry V6 & 4 years in a 2012 Ford Focus). Whether doing 'school runs' or holiday 'road trips', both cars run exceptionally well using this oil (winter/summer cold starts, smoothness, etc.) . Oil pressure is immediate on startup & oil consumption is minimal between services. A great 'value for money' fully synthetic engine oil..

Car2009 Toyota Camry / 2012 Ford Focus
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks Issac for your kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, it is very much appreciated. We are glad your are happy with using our products in your Camry and Focus.

Dennis b

Dennis bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

great oil

Been using Penrite oil for years my wife's 2014 Ford Focus loves it but my BMW 323i is not so happy on HPR5 you can just tell its not perfect motor runs silent but feels sluggish of the mark. other then that i think its a great oil for everyday use my old Falcon loved it

Car2014 Ford Focus and 2010 323i BMW
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for the kind review Dennis.

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

Mixed feelings on HPR 5

Car1999 and 2002 P38 Range Rovers
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Keithy, Thanks for taking the time to review us, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about any issues you are having with our products, they can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or tech@penriteoil.com

Alex10

Alex10GOSFORD

Penrite HPR5 5-40W (Full Synthetic) SN Specification Against Mobil One 5-50W (SN), Mobil One 0-40W (

Car2004 Honda Accord euro luxury and Nissan Maxima
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Alex, Thanks for taking the time to review us, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about any issues you are having with our products, they can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or tech@penriteoil.com

mirko.jokic.9216

mirko.jokic.9216Sydney, Australia

Hpr is great value for money

I bought new sv6 commodore in 2010. While the car was under warranty it was serviced with shell helix ultra. The car used to burn approx 300ml every 7500 ks.
I now service the car myself with hpr 5 and it is great. Not a drop missing between services.
I also use hpr 10 for my wifes mazda and it is great. No top ups and very stable oil.

The only issue is that my commodore needs 6.7l per service so packaging size is a bit annoying as i have to get 2x 5l every second time.

Given how common commodores are 7l container would be great !!!

Car2010 Holden Commodore SV6
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your feedback and positive review Mirko.