52 questions from our users

markasked

HPR 50 40-70 (Mineral)

is hpr 50 okay to use in a old diesel engine that is burning oil

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Mark, Best to contact our Tech Team on 1300 736 748 or email tech@penriteoil.com.au

Tom

Tomasked

HPR 10 10W-50 (Full Synthetic)

I have a 2006 Lexus IS 250 with 140k, is Hpr 10 10/50 the recommended oil for these kilometres

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Tom, Thanks for your interest, For a 2006 Lexus IS250 with fairly low kms we would recommend using our HPR 5, Full Synthetic 5W-40. For further information please contact our Technical Support 1300 736 748.

Danny

Dannyasked

Penrite HPR Range

Which oil for high kms ve calais

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Danny, To best answer your question can you please contact our Technical Team on 1300 736 748 or email lubetech@penriteoil.com.au

Pauline B.

Pauline B.asked

HPR 10 10W-50 (Full Synthetic)

I have recently started using Penrith 10W-50 oil in my 2005 BA XR8. Since the oil change I have had the oil pressure light come on at idle (stopped at traffic light) then goes of under revs - moving at any speed. Could this oil be too thin for the motor? I service regularly and car is well maintained, 200,000 Klms on clock

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Pauline, best to contact our Tech Team on 1300 736 748 to discuss this further.

Pauline B.

Pauline B.asked

Gabrielasked

Hello

Can you please recommend a Penrite Oil for Toyota Rav 4 2005 Model with 233000 Kms. thank you in advance

Gab

Hi Gabriel,

What size engine is your RAV 4 and what oil are you currently using?

You can use our Product Selector, https://www.penriteoil.com.au/product-selector#/, to look up your vehicle to give you an idea of what we currently suggest for it, but of course, you can discuss further with us on 1300 736 748 or via email on lubetech@penriteoil.com.au

Gabriel

Hi Guys , thank you for your reply . engine size is 2.4 L , i dont what oil is using currently because i purchased the car a week ago but it has a big Penrite sticker on the motor .Hope that will help you a bit . could it be SAE 5W-30 FULL SYNTHETIC ??

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Gabriel, It might be best to contact us on 1300 736 748 we can discuss further. Just ask for the Tech Team.

Frank. M

Frank. Masked

HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic)

I have a 2006 build BMW X3, 2.5SI. Is this oil recommended for my motor?

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We need to confirm the fill model number for this vehicle?

Can please give our Technical team a call on 1300 736 748 to discuss further.

DavidL

DavidLasked

HPR 50 40-70 (Mineral)

Hello,
I have a 1964 Austin Healey 3000 and I was recommended to use HPR 50 40-70 as it would reduce oil consumption.
I previously used Penrite HPR 20w60. On a recent trip of some 8000 miles my motor used around 7 litres of oil which I considered excessive.
What is your recommendation?
Regards
David

Hi David,

Can you please contact the Penrite Techincal Team on 1300 736 748 so we can discuss directly.

Des J.

Des J.asked

HPR Diesel 15 15W-50 (Semi Synthetic)

hi i have a vw golf turbo 1.6 is diesel is this oil 15w50 semi synthetic ok

Hi Des,

Thanks for your inquiry.

What year is this vehicle? Please give Technical a call on 1300 736 748 to discuss directly.

Brad

Bradasked

Penrite HPR Range

2013, 3.2l ranger. Product selector says either enviro 0w-30 or hpr 5 5w-40. What is the difference between these two? I did notice the enviro is required for warranty period but why and why would one swap to hpr 5 ??

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Brad, thanks for your inquiry.

The Product Selector has a note for the Enviro+ 0W-30 (actually called Enviro+ C2), to use this oil from 2015 onwards.

HPR 5 is for out of warranty as it is suitable for use where Ford M2C913-C specification is required, because we know it works, but it doesn’t actually meet this specification, because of the viscosity. This specification relates to a 5W-30 oil, meeting all the relevant physical and chemical requirements of course, for this Ford specification. HPR 5 is a 5W-40, so heavier when hot. You’d maybe swap to it if it is out of warranty, which a 2013 would be and maybe where the car is working really hard or has done a fair few kms as well as/or if it using oil on the current oil used, if it happens to be a 5W-30 oil meeting M2C913-C.

The better option to use is our Full Synthetic 5W-30, https://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/full-synthetic-5w-30#/, which is shown as the first option on our Product Selector.

A lot of info to take in, so please give our Technical team a call on 1300 736 748, for a more direct conversation about your vehicle.

ross d.

ross d.asked

Penrite HPR Range

Can I use HPR 5 full synthetic 5w- 40 light duty diesel in my Mitsubishi 2.5 diesel turbo and can I mix another litre from semi synthetic

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Can you please contact our Technical team on 1300 736 748, and provide details as to the year and model of this car, and they will be able to help directly. There may be other questions that will need to be asked as well. You could also try our Product Selector, https://www.penriteoil.com.au/product-selector#/.

Our Technical team will be more than happy to help but more detail is required.

Greg

Gregasked

HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic)

My vehicle specifies for SAE 5W-40, API SL / JASO MA2, would this product meet these needs?

Hi Greg,

Hi Noel,

Mick

Mickasked

What would be recommended in a 2001 Forrester GT. 210 000km
Normally use 5-30 but been advised due to age .
To go thicker.
Can you assist?

Hi Mick,

Red

Redasked

HPR 5 5W-40 (Full Synthetic)

Is this 5w-40 full synthetic ideal for both my 5.7 ltr motors in the harsh Australian heat?

Markwa
Markwa

Well that is a can of worms question. Many things can affect what grade of oil you should run including how worn out the motor is. I take it the engine is an LS1 5.7? They have had issue with piston slap and such and many owners ignore GM's oil advice and run a 10w-60 oil with good results while others claim running a 10w-60 is not needed in australia. How well do you know your engines? Eg how well do you know the service history and any issues they might have from age?

Still HPR5 is not recommended for your engine and penrite recommend HPR 10 10W-50 (Full Synthetic) so if you want to use penrite that is the oil to look at. I would jump onto the oil selector pages all oil brands have and see what each recommend and then factor in anything you know about your engines health eg if its a bit worn out or you have piston slap issues then look at a 10w60 oil but if not sure then spend a bit of time on the local holden community pages and search for what others think on the subject. If that is all too much then just use what the oil manufacturer suggests but even if that is penrite just make sure to double check because they might have a different listing depending on what year your engine came out.

Andy

Andyasked

HPR 10 10W-50 (Full Synthetic)

Is 10w-50 ok for a 2002 vx Holden that's done 300000ks?

SaharaDV8

Hello Andy Mate i am Not qualified to answer any Q & A re Penrite Oils , except for the vehicles i have used it in
Go to the company Tech support Penrite oils 1300 736 748
they have all the Answers for you..... simple. SaharaDV8

Maninder
Maninder

I think should not be a problem coz Penrite recommendation on its app .

Jim

Jimasked

Penrite HPR Range

Hi can I mixhpr10 10w50 synthetic with vantage 10w40 synthetic in my motorcycle ?

SaharaDV8

Hi Mate from all the homework i have done on Penrite i know you Can mix all synthetic oils, and seeing as you are going only from

10W 50 to a slightly thinner 10W 40. i would say yes,, but its better to speak to Penrite technical department on 1300 736 748

sorry for the delay but i am traveling in my M/home and dont check emails as often as i do at home.

stay upright Mate i hope this helps..... Ex 2014 Kwaka Z1000 Naked rider.

Regards. D.H.

Vince

Vinceasked

Penrite HPR Range

What engine oil ,front and rear diff oil , transfer case oil , auto transmission oil ,do I put in my 2014 NX pajero with 100 thousand on the clock?

Hello Vince.

I think you better ring Penrite tech support on 1800 736 748 they will know the answer,

Personally after all the experience i have had using Penrite in my Toyota Sahara V8, 255000 ks / and Suzuki Grand Vitara 133000 ks

i would use Penrite in all G/box /Diff / etc as i always have always worked on the principle Oil is cheap compared to Damaged Parts

mind you i change all oils frequently and have Never had a problem in over 60yrs with damaged vehicle parts.

Sorry for the delayed answer i am traveling in my M/home and dont check my emails to frequently.

Regards. SaharaDV8.

Bang

Bangasked

Penrite HPR Range

I would like to change the oil on my Harley Davidson 107 c i Milwaukee 8 engined road king. this is a service in between the scheduled service interval. As the bike is under warranty it will need to be changed next time at the harley dealer using harley oil, I have always used penrite oils in my harleys with excellent results and feel I shouldnt have to buy the harley oil. howevr the owners manual says that changing brands may cause a reaction with different additives and warns against doing it. Am I being told to do this to protect there market or am i okay to change brands? mc4 vtwin 20w-50

Get an answer from our members and Penrite Oil representatives