46 questions from our users

I have a 2006 build BMW X3, 2.5SI. Is this oil recommended for my motor?
Hi Frank, Thanks for your inquiry. We need to confirm the fill model number for this vehicle? Can please give our Technical team a call on 1300 736 748 to discuss further.

Hello, I have a 1964 Austin Healey 3000 and I was recommended to use HPR 50 40-70 as it would reduce oil consumption. I previously used Penrite HPR 20w60. On a recent trip of some 8000 miles my motor used around 7 litres of oil which I considered excessive. What is your recommendation? Regards David
Hi David, Can you please contact the Penrite Techincal Team on 1300 736 748 so we can discuss directly.

hi i have a vw golf turbo 1.6 is diesel is this oil 15w50 semi synthetic ok
Hi Des, Thanks for your inquiry. What year is this vehicle? Please give Technical a call on 1300 736 748 to discuss directly.

Can I use HPR 5 full synthetic 5w- 40 light duty diesel in my Mitsubishi 2.5 diesel turbo and can I mix another litre from semi synthetic
Hi Ross, Thanks for your inquiry. Can you please contact our Technical team on 1300 736 748, and provide details as to the year and model of this car, and they will be able to help directly. There may be other questions that will need to be asked as well. You could also try our Product Selector, https://www.penriteoil.com.au/product-selector#/. Our Technical team will be more than happy to help but more detail is required.

My vehicle specifies for SAE 5W-40, API SL / JASO MA2, would this product meet these needs?
Hi Greg, Thanks for your inquiry. Please give Technical a call on 1300 736 748 to discuss directly.

can you top up hpr5 with mineral oil
Hi Noel, Thanks for your inquiry. Please give Technical a call on 1300 736 748 to discuss directly.

What would be recommended in a 2001 Forrester GT. 210 000km Normally use 5-30 but been advised due to age . To go thicker. Can you assist?
Hi Mick, Thanks for your inquiry. Please give Technical a call on 1300 736 748 to discuss directly.

Is this 5w-40 full synthetic ideal for both my 5.7 ltr motors in the harsh Australian heat?
Well that is a can of worms question. Many things can affect what grade of oil you should run including how worn out the motor is. I take it the engine is an LS1 5.7? They have had issue with piston slap and such and many owners ignore GM's oil advice and run a 10w-60 oil with good results while others claim running a 10w-60 is not needed in australia. How well do you know your engines? Eg how well do you know the service history and any issues they might have from age? Still HPR5 is not recommended for your engine and penrite recommend HPR 10 10W-50 (Full Synthetic) so if you want to use penrite that is the oil to look at. I would jump onto the oil selector pages all oil brands have and see what each recommend and then factor in anything you know about your engines health eg if its a bit worn out or you have piston slap issues then look at a 10w60 oil but if not sure then spend a bit of time on the local holden community pages and search for what others think on the subject. If that is all too much then just use what the oil manufacturer suggests but even if that is penrite just make sure to double check because they might have a different listing depending on what year your engine came out.

Is 10w-50 ok for a 2002 vx Holden that's done 300000ks?
Hello Andy Mate i am Not qualified to answer any Q & A re Penrite Oils , except for the vehicles i have used it in Go to the company Tech support Penrite oils 1300 736 748 they have all the Answers for you..... simple. SaharaDV8I think should not be a problem coz Penrite recommendation on its app .

Hi can I mixhpr10 10w50 synthetic with vantage 10w40 synthetic in my motorcycle ?
Hi Mate from all the homework i have done on Penrite i know you Can mix all synthetic oils, and seeing as you are going only from 10W 50 to a slightly thinner 10W 40. i would say yes,, but its better to speak to Penrite technical department on 1300 736 748 sorry for the delay but i am traveling in my M/home and dont check emails as often as i do at home. stay upright Mate i hope this helps..... Ex 2014 Kwaka Z1000 Naked rider. Regards. D.H.

What engine oil ,front and rear diff oil , transfer case oil , auto transmission oil ,do I put in my 2014 NX pajero with 100 thousand on the clock?
Hello Vince. I think you better ring Penrite tech support on 1800 736 748 they will know the answer, Personally after all the experience i have had using Penrite in my Toyota Sahara V8, 255000 ks / and Suzuki Grand Vitara 133000 ks i would use Penrite in all G/box /Diff / etc as i always have always worked on the principle Oil is cheap compared to Damaged Parts mind you i change all oils frequently and have Never had a problem in over 60yrs with damaged vehicle parts. Sorry for the delayed answer i am traveling in my M/home and dont check my emails to frequently. Regards. SaharaDV8.

I would like to change the oil on my Harley Davidson 107 c i Milwaukee 8 engined road king. this is a service in between the scheduled service interval. As the bike is under warranty it will need to be changed next time at the harley dealer using harley oil, I have always used penrite oils in my harleys with excellent results and feel I shouldnt have to buy the harley oil. howevr the owners manual says that changing brands may cause a reaction with different additives and warns against doing it. Am I being told to do this to protect there market or am i okay to change brands? mc4 vtwin 20w-50

would you recommend using penrite HPR diesel 15 engine oil 15w-50 in my Ducati Diavel Motorcycle?
i would go by the oil requirements in the owners manual on your motor bikeIt says on your products that it can be used in 4stroke motorcycles. Denis Rheinberger....Hi Denis, Thanks for your inquiry. Can you please advise the year of manufacture for this bike and is it known as the Carbon, Strada or Titanium?

I have a korando diesel turbo with dpf 90000ks...is enviro + 5w40 suitable for this engine.? Mike
Hi Mike, Thank you for your inquiry. Our information, as provided to us, states that Korandos fitted with a diesel particulate filter (DPF), require an oil meeting Mercedes-Benz MB 229.51 specification. Enviro+ 5W-40 not only meets MB 229.51, it is approved by Mercedes-Benz for use against this specification. There is an approval on our website, https://www.penriteoil.com.au/, but for your convenience, you can also click this link https://www.penriteoil.com.au/manufacturer-approvals. I hope this helps with your query.

Is this true synthetic oil or a group 3 hydrocracked from crude oil?
that is something the public might never know as not many people have the equipment to check for that sort of thingHi Nick, HPR 5 is blended from Full Synthetic Base oils. Its formulation is proprietary company information belonging to the Penrite Oil Company. Penrite Full Synthetic oils can be blended from Group III, Group IV and Group V base oils depending on the specific products and their applications. Not all of our HPR range is synthetic but the grades that are synthetic, are manufactured using 100% synthetic base oil. See this link, https://www.penriteoil.com.au/info/category/1/Engine-Oils/999/What-are-BASE-OILS, for information which is in our Knowledge Centre, https://www.penriteoil.com.au/info/index. It may be worth noting here that “Hydrocracking” is a process of refining oils and is carried out on solvent refined Group I and Hydrocracked Group II base stocks. Group II base oils that are Severely Hydro-processed produce Group III base oils that are determined as Full Synthetic and are the main base stock used for most synthetic grade lubricants. It is also worth noting, that Base oil is only part of the blend of an engine oil along with the additive pack. We trust this helps

I am going to put HPR 50 in my 4 litre falcon motor. (10-30 is recommended) will it gum up my lifters and provide start up wear due to it's high viscosity? I have used 50 in a 125 motor cycle and it worked ok. I do not want gummed up lifters in my 4l falcon. 24 valve
Hi Wasa, This is way too heavy for a Falcon engine. You would be better off using HPR10 if it is burning oil. (Link to HPR 10: https://www.penriteoil.com.au/applications/car-4wd/engine-oils/hpr-10-10w-50-full-synthetic). If you have any other Technical questions please call 1300 736 748 or email: tech@penriteoil.com.au

what 5w40 full synthetic oil can i use on my 2014 jeep grand cherokee eco diesel with dpf?
Hi Roy, We would recommend Enviro+ 5W-40 – (https://www.penriteoil.com.au/applications/brands/enviro+/enviro-5w-40-full-syn). Service Refill is 7.7 Litres

My gu patrol has done 840000 km What is the best oil for the old girl? Been serviced sort of regular.
Hi Karl, is it Petrol or Diesel?Can't help without knowing if any work has been done and whether or not it is diesel, petrol or turbo diesel.I agree if you don't know if its diesel or petrol so hard to comment and then it depends on where you live cause of the grade as you don't won't a thin oil up in the top end

Get an answer from our members and Penrite Oil representatives