See the Best Engine Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Stewpot

Stewpot

Great for cold weather starts

Car2016 Isuzu mux
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for taking the time to review us Stewpot

John

John

Good Stuff

Run this in my race engine and after 2 seasons pulled down the bottom end to replace rod and crank bearings. To my surprise minimal wear was noted, in fact the main bearings were reused and the rod bearings replaced as routine. Best oil I have used in this application.

Car4age Toyota
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for the kind review John!

natural

naturalAU

Totally satisfied

CarSkyline R33, Stagea WGCN 34, BMW E46 330Ci
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Natural

Jam

Jamgeelong

Noisy for 10 seconds on start up and Running rough. Within first 30km

Penrite recommended this oil as their preferred in my 1992 Mercedes 300ce AMG. I transitioned from mineral to semi-synthetic to full synthetic over the past seven years with no noise at all from the valve train and smooth idling. Within 100km of using the Penrite 10w-40w (extra 10) the engines lifters now chatter for what was at first maybe 5 seconds and now maybe 10 seconds, within the first 30k the engine has begun to idle roughly as if out of tune (It is not) I am very frustrated to have been recommended $68 worth of oil only to have to dump it, but I have no other choice. I have used Penrite premium mineral and semi in the past but would advise against their 'new' Extra 10 range and any of their synthetics for your pre 2000 vehicles.

CarMercedes 1992 300ce AMG
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Jam, We are sorry to hear your displeasure with our product, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about and issues you are having with our products. They can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or email tech@penriteoil.com

I can garrentee this product

I have been using penrite oil since 1957 , used in tractors land cruiser rodeo , first bought a 200 ltr drum for 170 pounds , 340 dollers,that same drum used to last 3 years on the farm ,used the same oil in all the farm machenery, it leaves the motors clean and no sludge, and smoother running.

CarFarlane
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for your kind review George

Raym60

Raym60Melbourne

Outstanding

I changed to this oil recently from the synthetic Valvoline 5-40 I had previously had in the car. I have to admit that my car is quieter on Penrite.I couldn't believe the difference. I have always been sceptical about oil companies claims. This one has changed my mind. As for the longer term I will have to wait and see .

Car2014 FG Falcon

Thanks for taking the time to review us Raym60

Peter S

Peter SPerth

Great oil for my old cars

I have been using HPR30 in my Model A Ford for a lot of years, four years ago I purchased a 351w Mach1 Mustang HPR30 is perfect for this as well, stays nice and clean in both engines. The HPR30 oil is perfect for these old engines that require the high Zinc content.

Car1930 Ford Model A and 169 Mustang Mach1 351W
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to review us.

Nathan

NathanPerth, WA

Liquid Gold

Car1998 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105R
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for the kind review Nathan

Daniel A

Daniel AMelbourne

Great Oil For Classic 911

I purchased a classic 911 last year, which was quite clearly in dire need of a service.

One of the first things I changed was the engine oil. Going by previous service receipts, I could see that previous owners were using a Synthetic oil, without any Zinc content!

These cars have a flat tappet design, so a high Zinc content (1600 ppm) for engine protection is a must.

Maybe it's just my imagination (I think not) but the car runs a lot smoother now, and the 20W-60 gives a bit more protection than what Porsche specify.

So for me, it's overall a great choice, and I'm happy to use an Australian product as well.

Car1981 Porsche 911SC
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for using our products in your Classic 911, Daniel.

Dennis b

Dennis bMelbourne

great oil

Been using Penrite oil for years my wife's 2014 Ford Focus loves it but my BMW 323i is not so happy on HPR5 you can just tell its not perfect motor runs silent but feels sluggish of the mark. other then that i think its a great oil for everyday use my old Falcon loved it

Car2014 Ford Focus and 2010 323i BMW
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for the kind review Dennis.

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

Mixed feelings on HPR 5

Car1999 and 2002 P38 Range Rovers
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Keithy, Thanks for taking the time to review us, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about any issues you are having with our products, they can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or tech@penriteoil.com

Keithy

469,000km and going strong...

I've used HPR Gas 10 exclusively in my LPG BA Falcon for the past decade. I change the oil and the filter (Ryco) every 10,000km. The car now has 469,000km on it. It's been the most reliable car I've ever owned...except for the smegging front rotors which have to be machined/replaced once a year.

CarBA Falcon sedan.
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for the review Mackers!

Anthony fenech

Anthony fenechMelbourne

Good drop but

Changed over from the castrol edge 5-30 normally purchased as the price savings seemed a little too good to ignore. Oil stays clean and all the performance is still there but does run about 10c hotter in both my xt forester with 90k and hsv senator ls3? Is this somthing that I should worry about??

Car2009 senator and 2010 turbo petrol forester
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Anthony, Thanks for taking the time to review us, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about any issues you are having with our products, they can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or tech@penriteoil.com

rairgo reviewer

rairgo reviewerrichard

Good quality run smooth a bit pricy but its worth investing in oil!!

I drive a calais it is the vs 3.8 series 2 and is supercharged factory, L67 motor so similar to many commodores. I have always used synthetic and found this oil was better than most but I would say the Valvalin synthetic was slightly better, and ran a little smother and quite, but this oil seems to have protected my car through high temperatures and Ive been happy. Im going to try the gulf western semi synthetic and if its no good ill go back to penrite or valvoline. It would be good if the guide reccomended if you need a different grade for supercharged cars with high kms. 15-50 is the grad i was using, trying 10w 40 next with GW. Ps I only keep my oil for 5000 -8000 kms and then I change it and my oil usualy stays reatively muck free.

CarHolden Calais 3.8 S/C
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Alex10

Alex10GOSFORD

Penrite HPR5 5-40W (Full Synthetic) SN Specification Against Mobil One 5-50W (SN), Mobil One 0-40W (

Car2004 Honda Accord euro luxury and Nissan Maxima
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Hi Alex, Thanks for taking the time to review us, you are welcome to talk to our Technical Team about any issues you are having with our products, they can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or tech@penriteoil.com

shf001

shf001

A diesel oil that inspires confidence in its motor protection.

Have used Penrite HPR diesel 5 oil exclusively since its first service in our Mitsubishi Challenger diesel automatic. Has now travelled 78,000 kms, many towing a 2.5t tandem caravan. Oil and filter changed each 10,000 kms and vehicle uses no oil at all.

Motor runs quietly at highway speeds and diesel clatter is only noticeable at idle and hard acceleration. Hope to get 500,000 kms from the motor before any repairs.

Very happy with oil.

CarMitsubishi Challenger diesel automatic
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

penrite engine oil

I have a xr8, a 5.7 litre gen 3 holden, a v6 3.8 holden I tried all different penrites in all of them just to find it made the lifters noiser at start up and driving also I found the oil didn't last very long in my engines before needed changing , I tried synthetics and semi mineral oil in the older xr8, I will never use it in my cars again

infinity

infinityAU

Long life high performance oil

Some years ago used HPR 10W50 in my Hyundai Excel and lasted well over 10.000 kms, the condition of the oil was still good. Could've done another 5.000 kms easy. If your engine is in well maintained condition then the oil will last longer.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your positive review Zaksi.

mirko.jokic.9216

mirko.jokic.9216Sydney, Australia

Hpr is great value for money

I bought new sv6 commodore in 2010. While the car was under warranty it was serviced with shell helix ultra. The car used to burn approx 300ml every 7500 ks.
I now service the car myself with hpr 5 and it is great. Not a drop missing between services.
I also use hpr 10 for my wifes mazda and it is great. No top ups and very stable oil.

The only issue is that my commodore needs 6.7l per service so packaging size is a bit annoying as i have to get 2x 5l every second time.

Given how common commodores are 7l container would be great !!!

Car2010 Holden Commodore SV6
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your feedback and positive review Mirko.

Haz

HazBrisbane

Not as good as I hoped

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Haz, Sorry you have had a bad experience using our oil. You are welcome to talk to our Technical Team to discuss your concerns further on 1300 736 748 or via email: tech@penriteoil.com