Pentair Rebel

• Large (3)
    • Small (2)
Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to install. Works like a dream.

We bought the REBEL 2 Pool cleaner about 6 months ago after struggling for 12 months with the cheap ALDI cleaner. It cost a bit more, but it has a good warranty and all the parts are simple to replace (everything wears out eventually). My local pool shop (who I trust) has sold heaps of the earlier model and in the new model they have fixed up a couple of the small problems. It was very easy to install....just a bit of playing around with the pressure valve thingy....and it has been faultless so far. It will get stuck if you leave certain kinds of sinkies in the bottom of the pool.

Purchased in October 2019 for $499.00.

My Pentair Rebel circles around the pool drain

My Pentair Rebel for the past 3 weeks just circles around the pool drain ( deep end) I pull it alway to the shallow end, but it just ends back around the pool drain. Any suggestions please?

BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works really well for us

We have a 9m x 4m pool. Never really happy with the other type of creepy suction cleaner, never did a good job. Finally purchased the Rebel 2 and this has answered all our questions and concerns. Drone photo

Purchased in December 2019 at Mr Pool Man for $500.00.

Fully agree with Ross I.

Would not consider if you have a tiled pool. The wheels on ours just spin when it gets to the wall and can be in the same spot for several minutes. We have to manually take it to the shallow end where it doesn't stay for long as the Rebel 2 cleans just over half the pool. Very disappointed and our old Kreepy Krawly did a better job.

Purchased in November 2019.

RaingodPerth, WA

Our pool has never been so clean

After spending more and more money to try to get our old Kreepy Krawly pool cleaner to stop tying itself in knots and sitting in one place in the pool, we gave up and bought a Pentair Rebel 2 from Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento). Bob gave us a demo in our concrete pool with a vinyl liner. It worked well and sucked up the leaves and long fronds from cordylines so we decided to purchase it. Bob then made adjustments to set it up correctly for our pool which I believe is critical for best performance. It's been in for 10 days now, is completely silent and our pool has never looked so clean. I highly recommend the Pentair Rebel 2 and the service we received from Bob at Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento).

Purchased in January 2020 for $770.00.

Ross I.

Ross I.

Don't buy if you have tiled pool, even with tiled tyres

Bought Rebel 2 with tiled tyres and it wouldn't even go to shallow end.
Tyers just spin and cleaner barely moves around, its just to slippery for it.
Ended up with Zodiac Manta replacing my Zodiac G2

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for $550.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

It is absolute CRAP

Works only when Pool is being actually backwashed, otherwise it sits idle on the Pool floor

If you are considering this Pool Cleaner, do not waste you hard earned money! It is absolute CRAP

Purchased in July 2019.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Best and most reliable cleaner

We ve had the Rebel for three years now and it has worked exceptionally well. Manages to pick up pick larger leaves and sticks and covers the whole pool area consistently. Easy to maintain, never needed repairs. We have a vinyl pool and it is very gentle with this surface. It is a very quiet cleaner as well.
We ve had other cleaners before but encountered issues with them. The Rebel was a win for us!

Purchased in May 2017 for $499.00.

David S.

David S.South East Queensland, QLD

Started well but within 2 years just goes to the deepest part only

Moves around a pebblecrete pool quite quickly and used to cover the entire pool floor.

Never climbed walls, wouldn't clean the walk in 'beach' entrance, never managed the seated shelf area that runs the entire longest length of the pool.

The online shop ignored our emails.

Steve

StevePerth, WA

Keeps going around in circles

We have had our pentair Rebel now for just over 2 years. In the beginning is was absolutely crap i had the wrong hose on it. Its been fine since but the last couple of weeks its decided it dosent want to clean the pool and just goes around and around.....

jrb17

jrb17South East Queensland, QLD

Pentair Rebel - great pool cleaner

After doing some research and asking pool shop owners what pool cleaners they owned, I purchased the Pentair Rebel Pool Cleaner some time ago. It's the best pool cleaner I have ever owned. When first installed, I thought it was a bit slow as it moved around the pool. However, to my surprise, it cleaned the pool in the first session. I recently purchased another one for my 93 year old mother who wanted to fill the pool in as cleaning it was beyond the capabilities of her then pool cleaner. She's delighted at the improvement ; she didn't think it was possible to keep her pool so clean. I bought it via the web from Best Pool Supplies; good price & excellent service.

Purchased at Best Pool Supplies for $489.00.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Works ok but costly to run

Geared shafts wear out quickly and costly to replace. Very poor selection of materials used for the gearing, unsuited to task and grossly over priced for such easily mass produced plastic parts.

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Massive regret

Pentair Rebel 2 owner. Whoever designed the connector to the pressure plate should be shot. Still unable to clean a small pool correctly. Also preventing all shops from advertising a price online is a dick move. Don't pay more than 500 for one.

Purchased in September 2019 for $500.00.

Pool Size Small

3 months needs tires

The first clue should have been the original tires wouldn’t make it over the drain covers. The guy at Leslie’s kicked in an upgraded tire gratis. Now less than 3 months it is getting caught on the drains. A quick inspection, the tires show excessive ware. I gave up my Hayward for this because I was tired of replacing the shoes every 2 years. I wish I had my Hayward back!

Purchased in July 2019 for $450.00.

TC80

TC80Gold Coast

Useless tile tyre - class action required

You can still see the ads on YouTube saying it works on tiled pool. The fact that they released a "tile tyre" means it won't work on tiled pools. I bought the new tiled tyres. Useless after 2 weeks. If there is a class action on this pool cleaner, sign me up.

Purchased in November 2017 for $600.00.

Petet

PetetSydney, NSW

Faulty after 5 months and waiting over a month for warranty repair / replacement

Worked well for 5 months then one wheel stopped turning so it just cleaned a small circle in the deep end. Returned under warranty and still waiting after a month.

Purchased in February 2019 for $495.00.

Scott

ScottNortheast, VIC

Not for TILED POOLS

Purchased for us as a gift. The supplier claimed you could watch it all day waiting for it to clean a certain spot. I’ve tried everything and I cannot get it to leave the deep end of the pool. Lacks weight, grip and quality!

Cleaner fail

My cleaner started going around in circles i was told to replace the tyres and did so, still no good. They sent me another cleaner that broke down after only 8 months. Won't cover under it warranty and the only explanation is that it is a water problem !!! OH DEAR DID IT GET WET !

Purchased in July 2016 for $680.00.

Jen

JenMurray Region, NSW

Not Good

Bought the Pentair Rebel over 12 months ago, first one had to be replaced due to a bearing issue with the wheels. Replacement worked great for a few months, now it just cleans in one area of the pool. I've adjusted flow, backwashed, just done everything to get it to work properly. Won't climb walls as it shows in the promotional video, clearly not good for tiled pools, this should be stated on the product packaging, so that consumers are aware before outlaying hundreds of dollars on a product that is not fit for purpose. Very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2017 for $550.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Disappointing.

Purchased in November 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store.

Pool Size Small