Pentair Rebel

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

StevePerth, WA

Keeps going around in circles

We have had our pentair Rebel now for just over 2 years. In the beginning is was absolutely crap i had the wrong hose on it. Its been fine since but the last couple of weeks its decided it dosent want to clean the pool and just goes around and around.....

jrb17South East Queensland, QLD

Pentair Rebel - great pool cleaner

After doing some research and asking pool shop owners what pool cleaners they owned, I purchased the Pentair Rebel Pool Cleaner some time ago. It's the best pool cleaner I have ever owned. When first installed, I thought it was a bit slow as it moved around the pool. However, to my surprise, it cleaned the pool in the first session. I recently purchased another one for my 93 year old mother who wanted to fill the pool in as cleaning it was beyond the capabilities of her then pool cleaner. She's delighted at the improvement ; she didn't think it was possible to keep her pool so clean. I bought it via the web from Best Pool Supplies; good price & excellent service.

Purchased at Best Pool Supplies for $489.00.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Works ok but costly to run

Geared shafts wear out quickly and costly to replace. Very poor selection of materials used for the gearing, unsuited to task and grossly over priced for such easily mass produced plastic parts.

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Massive regret

Pentair Rebel 2 owner. Whoever designed the connector to the pressure plate should be shot. Still unable to clean a small pool correctly. Also preventing all shops from advertising a price online is a dick move. Don't pay more than 500 for one.

Purchased in September 2019 for $500.00.

Pool Size Small

3 months needs tires

The first clue should have been the original tires wouldn’t make it over the drain covers. The guy at Leslie’s kicked in an upgraded tire gratis. Now less than 3 months it is getting caught on the drains. A quick inspection, the tires show excessive ware. I gave up my Hayward for this because I was tired of replacing the shoes every 2 years. I wish I had my Hayward back!

Purchased in July 2019 for $450.00.

TC80

TC80Gold Coast

Useless tile tyre - class action required

You can still see the ads on YouTube saying it works on tiled pool. The fact that they released a "tile tyre" means it won't work on tiled pools. I bought the new tiled tyres. Useless after 2 weeks. If there is a class action on this pool cleaner, sign me up.

Purchased in November 2017 for $600.00.

Petet

PetetSydney, NSW

Faulty after 5 months and waiting over a month for warranty repair / replacement

Worked well for 5 months then one wheel stopped turning so it just cleaned a small circle in the deep end. Returned under warranty and still waiting after a month.

Purchased in February 2019 for $495.00.

Scott

ScottNortheast, VIC

Not for TILED POOLS

Purchased for us as a gift. The supplier claimed you could watch it all day waiting for it to clean a certain spot. I’ve tried everything and I cannot get it to leave the deep end of the pool. Lacks weight, grip and quality!

Cleaner fail

My cleaner started going around in circles i was told to replace the tyres and did so, still no good. They sent me another cleaner that broke down after only 8 months. Won't cover under it warranty and the only explanation is that it is a water problem !!! OH DEAR DID IT GET WET !

Purchased in July 2016 for $680.00.

Jen

JenMurray Region, NSW

Not Good

Bought the Pentair Rebel over 12 months ago, first one had to be replaced due to a bearing issue with the wheels. Replacement worked great for a few months, now it just cleans in one area of the pool. I've adjusted flow, backwashed, just done everything to get it to work properly. Won't climb walls as it shows in the promotional video, clearly not good for tiled pools, this should be stated on the product packaging, so that consumers are aware before outlaying hundreds of dollars on a product that is not fit for purpose. Very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2017 for $550.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Disappointing.

Purchased in November 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store.

Pool Size Small

Polly P

Polly PSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is useless in lap pools.

Useless in lap pools. Only cleans one end, then swirls and stays down that end. My pool shop said there may be a swivel device to stop the twirling and twisting. Expensive and useless.

Purchased in January 2019 for $700.00.

bill

billSouth East Queensland, QLD

useless

the rebel pool cleaner is absolutely useless on tiled pools. even with the heavier rubber tyres. it has absolutely no traction . it is impossible to get any suggestions on what to do

Purchased in November 2018.

Dissapointed

DissapointedSydney, NSW

worked well in first year but now experiencing problems

first year had no issues Worked quietly and reliable. Won't climb tiled pool wall or steps although did do the floor perfectly. after about 1 year stopped covering whole pool and stayed around the deep end only. had a new unit sent out under warranty and cleaner worked well however 3 months later having the same issue with cleaner only doing deeper half of pool.

Purchased in October 2017.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 years on and still loving it.

Purchased in February 2017 for $490.00.

no good on tile pool

will work OK for awhile but gets stuck while trying to climb walls of pool the advert for the vac says that it is good in tile pools but all the experts say that it is not it is very misleading to advertise and it should be addressed to stop people spending money on something that that the makers know won't work As I understand it know they are sticky tyres available now at about $80 surely by bringing them out it's an admission that people who bought these vacs were ripped off In my opinion

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Awesome pool cleaner

I have had this for over 12 months and it’s the best cleaner ever on concrete pool with pebble finish
Amazing results and never stops
Just had to increase flow to climb walls
Too many words too many words too many words too many words too many words too many words

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dave R

Dave RLakeland

I recently switched to a Pentair Rebel and have absolutely no regrets.... it was easy to setup

My pool is enclosed by a lanai so most of the debri is small but it goes over the raised drain with ease. It sometimes will tip on its side while cleaning the sides but it always rights itself fairly quickly. I am very pleased with the Rebel’s performance so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Peter from the Tweed

Peter from the TweedTweed

Set and Forget

I wanted a cleaner that does a better job on big leaves etc. than conventional suction side 'vacuum' cleaners - I've had a Zodiac, a Kreepy and a cheapo Bunnings (which actually wasn't bad). But I baulked at the price of a proper robotic cleaner (~$1500) and as a compromise I bought this Rebel at around $500. Despite having a fairly small looking orifice, it can pick up almost anything and has never 'stalled'. It's a set and forget deal, and my pool has never looked better.
It's silent and looks well built. I can't speak to its longevity, having had it less than a year, but I think I'd happily pay for any parts it does need in future, given that it does such a great job.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Jethro5

Jethro5Sydney

Great cleaner BUT

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Karen J.

Karen J.asked

We purchased the Rebel S5 while buying a new pool (above ground put in ground) It has pretty much stopped moving completely, Hubby has adjusted suction, checked for debris and blockages but no luck. Our retailer has advised it only had a 2 year warranty - can you confirm please?

Hi Karen,
I have adjusted the suction, its still just going around and around.
The other problem i face is there isnt any repair companies here in WA.....

June R.

June R.asked

My Rebels works nicely for about a year and now its only cleaning half of my pool and only my deep side of the pool. The basket is clean, no leaf stucked. It is really annoying. How can I know if its the problem of the wheel tyre is running out or something wrong with the mechnical parts inside the machine? anyways to check?

jrb17

I'm really not qualified to answer this, best to ask Rebel as I've not had this problem. You'll be asked about the pool surface. It may help if the hose is taken out of the pool and laid flat & straight in the sun for a couple of hours before returning to the pool.

Lynasked

I have a Pentair Rebel for about 2 years. Recently it only moves around in a small area and it does not clean the pool much at all. I have checked all the connection and all seemed good. The pool shop I bought it is no longer there. What else can I do to improve it please?

Jbsml
Jbsml

I would check three things; First check the skimmer and filter baskets to make sure there is not too much debris built up. Second, the suction pressure, there was a tool provided with the cleaner that you place at the end of the hose and it has an indicator to show the suction. Third, in my case the tires wore out within months, if the tread is too worn, replace the tires. Good luck, I hope you can resolve this issue. Also even if your pool store has closed I am sure there is another store that would be happy to help.

Colin
Colin

Sounds like the problem I had when my rebel was about 2 years old. My rebel was also moving erratically. Problem was the gear teeth on drive shafts to the wheels had worn away and some times didn't engage with the wheels. Purchased right and left shafts and gears online. Easy replacement. All ok now until the teeth wear down again.

Lyn

Thank you very much JBSML and Colin, I am following up on all your suggestions. Hope they will work.

Get an answer from our members and Pentair representatives