Pentair Rebel

• Pool Size
John

JohnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very Happy with Rebel 2

I originally had all sorts of issues with the Rebel 2 not working but realised I was missing the hose float, I went back to the store & once I put on the hose float it works great. It has great suction & climbs the walls. It’s a really good quality built product & easy to access the internal components if you need to change any worn parts in the future. Lots of spare parts available also in case anything needs replacing.
The service from Pentair was really good also. They pointed me on the right direction to fix the issue I was having with the set up. Who knew the hose float was so important.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$600.00.

Keith

KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Working beautifully

This cleaner is a new one, replacing an old creepy crawly. It is actually the second one, the first one failed after about 6 months, but Pantair simply replaced it, which was excellent. Since it's been replaced, it's performed perfectly, way better than our old one.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$699.00.

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

great pool cleaner

this pool cleaner i have had a little over 3 years... as all others the shaft to the wheels wore out...im not going to continue to use it or buy the so called tune up kits ect..to expensive im looking for other cleaners now

Purchased in January 2016 for A$500.00.

Adso

AdsoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Least Worst of all the Pool Cleaners!

Purchased in July 2019 for A$550.00.

bryan s.

bryan s.Perth, WA

Good cleaner wears out the gears too easily

Had this cleaner for 2 years, cleans the pool really well and never gets blocked, as a pool cleaner, I would give it 5 stars. I have given it 3 stars is that I am now on the third internal shaft, they wear easily and means the teeth on the inside of the wheel don't catch and the cleaner just spins in a circle. The replacement kit costs $150 (shafts, wheels) , I have had to buy another 2 shafts (left and right) at another $80, which means that I am spending $130/years in parts (which seems a lot to me), the material of the shaft needs to be made from something that doesn't wear as much. The photos show the wear on the shafts on the end.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$448.00.

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to install. Works like a dream.

We bought the REBEL 2 Pool cleaner about 6 months ago after struggling for 12 months with the cheap ALDI cleaner. It cost a bit more, but it has a good warranty and all the parts are simple to replace (everything wears out eventually). My local pool shop (who I trust) has sold heaps of the earlier model and in the new model they have fixed up a couple of the small problems. It was very easy to install....just a bit of playing around with the pressure valve thingy....and it has been faultless so far. It will get stuck if you leave certain kinds of sinkies in the bottom of the pool.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$499.00.

My Pentair Rebel circles around the pool drain

My Pentair Rebel for the past 3 weeks just circles around the pool drain ( deep end) I pull it alway to the shallow end, but it just ends back around the pool drain. Any suggestions please?

Brett

BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works really well for us

We have a 9m x 4m pool. Never really happy with the other type of creepy suction cleaner, never did a good job. Finally purchased the Rebel 2 and this has answered all our questions and concerns. Drone photo

Purchased in December 2019 at Mr Pool Man for A$500.00.

Mono

Mono

Fully agree with Ross I.

Would not consider if you have a tiled pool. The wheels on ours just spin when it gets to the wall and can be in the same spot for several minutes. We have to manually take it to the shallow end where it doesn't stay for long as the Rebel 2 cleans just over half the pool. Very disappointed and our old Kreepy Krawly did a better job.

Purchased in November 2019.

Raingod

RaingodPerth, WA

Our pool has never been so clean

After spending more and more money to try to get our old Kreepy Krawly pool cleaner to stop tying itself in knots and sitting in one place in the pool, we gave up and bought a Pentair Rebel 2 from Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento). Bob gave us a demo in our concrete pool with a vinyl liner. It worked well and sucked up the leaves and long fronds from cordylines so we decided to purchase it. Bob then made adjustments to set it up correctly for our pool which I believe is critical for best performance. It's been in for 10 days now, is completely silent and our pool has never looked so clean. I highly recommend the Pentair Rebel 2 and the service we received from Bob at Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento).

Purchased in January 2020 for A$770.00.

Ross I.

Ross I.

Don't buy if you have tiled pool, even with tiled tyres

Bought Rebel 2 with tiled tyres and it wouldn't even go to shallow end.
Tyers just spin and cleaner barely moves around, its just to slippery for it.
Ended up with Zodiac Manta replacing my Zodiac G2

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$550.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

It is absolute CRAP

Works only when Pool is being actually backwashed, otherwise it sits idle on the Pool floor

If you are considering this Pool Cleaner, do not waste you hard earned money! It is absolute CRAP

Purchased in July 2019.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Best and most reliable cleaner

We ve had the Rebel for three years now and it has worked exceptionally well. Manages to pick up pick larger leaves and sticks and covers the whole pool area consistently. Easy to maintain, never needed repairs. We have a vinyl pool and it is very gentle with this surface. It is a very quiet cleaner as well.
We ve had other cleaners before but encountered issues with them. The Rebel was a win for us!

Purchased in May 2017 for A$499.00.

David S.South East Queensland, QLD

Started well but within 2 years just goes to the deepest part only

Moves around a pebblecrete pool quite quickly and used to cover the entire pool floor.

Never climbed walls, wouldn't clean the walk in 'beach' entrance, never managed the seated shelf area that runs the entire longest length of the pool.

The online shop ignored our emails.

StevePerth, WA

Keeps going around in circles

We have had our pentair Rebel now for just over 2 years. In the beginning is was absolutely crap i had the wrong hose on it. Its been fine since but the last couple of weeks its decided it dosent want to clean the pool and just goes around and around.....

jrb17

jrb17South East Queensland, QLD

Pentair Rebel - great pool cleaner

After doing some research and asking pool shop owners what pool cleaners they owned, I purchased the Pentair Rebel Pool Cleaner some time ago. It's the best pool cleaner I have ever owned. When first installed, I thought it was a bit slow as it moved around the pool. However, to my surprise, it cleaned the pool in the first session. I recently purchased another one for my 93 year old mother who wanted to fill the pool in as cleaning it was beyond the capabilities of her then pool cleaner. She's delighted at the improvement ; she didn't think it was possible to keep her pool so clean. I bought it via the web from Best Pool Supplies; good price & excellent service.

Purchased at Best Pool Supplies for A$489.00.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Works ok but costly to run

Geared shafts wear out quickly and costly to replace. Very poor selection of materials used for the gearing, unsuited to task and grossly over priced for such easily mass produced plastic parts.

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Massive regret

I ignored all of the bad reviews of the Rebel 1 thinking they would have fixed the issues but clearly it's no different. 6 months in and my rebel 2 goes 2/3 up the wall, drops down, does a spin then goes up the same part of the wall. Repeat that for 4 hours. Large leaves block it up also. I paid $500 and it was a complete waste of money.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$500.00.

Pool Size Small

3 months needs tires

The first clue should have been the original tires wouldn’t make it over the drain covers. The guy at Leslie’s kicked in an upgraded tire gratis. Now less than 3 months it is getting caught on the drains. A quick inspection, the tires show excessive ware. I gave up my Hayward for this because I was tired of replacing the shoes every 2 years. I wish I had my Hayward back!

Purchased in July 2019 for A$450.00.

TC80

TC80Gold Coast

Useless tile tyre - class action required

You can still see the ads on YouTube saying it works on tiled pool. The fact that they released a "tile tyre" means it won't work on tiled pools. I bought the new tiled tyres. Useless after 2 weeks. If there is a class action on this pool cleaner, sign me up.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$600.00.