Pentair Rebel
See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Pentair? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pool Size

lisha_gal
lisha_galSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic and great price

Great product. We tried many pool cleaners and they were terrible. Getting stuck in the pool or jumping out and putting stain on the filtration system. We were recommended the pentair rebel and it's been fantastic. It's easy to use and cleans the pool very well. It has no problems climbing the walls and doesn't miss any leaves or debris. It seems to work similar to the indoor robot (like the roomba) vacuums. We have had it for about 5 years now and it hasn't skipped a beat. I would buy another again.

Purchased in May 2016 at Direct Pool Supplies for $600.00.

peter
peterDarling Downs, QLD

Don't expect more than a year out of it

Amazing to start for around a year, then as the plastic parts wear and gears don't engage it stops working. I purchased a tune up kit for $160.00 which did nothing, it still stops as soon as it touches a wall. You can adjust the flow rate up and down but it doesn't help. Now I have$700 worth of useless Plastic sitting at the bottom of my pool. Stay away from this brand/model.

Purchased in March 2020 at Dad's Pool Shop for $649.00.

Kathleen
KathleenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Replacing wheels and gears does not work.

Just spent $150 on a refurbish kit as the unit slowed down and doing donuts. Wasted $150.00 as was provided with an old kit with smooth wheels. Unit is now just sitting there with wheels moving very slowly. Reset suction, back washed and removed skimmer basket, suction is at Max. But doesn't work at all.

Purchased in February 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $599.00.

Find out how Pentair Rebel compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Does the job and didn't break the bank

Purchased in June 2016 at pinch a penny.

Brian
BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rebel 2 not what it is made out to be

We required a new pool cleaner, Rebel 2 was recommended to do the job required, leafy pool clean and a cleaner that could climb walls, to start with it did not work, we did a back wash, measured flow and checked all instructions and we have a cleaner that works.
Further comment from above, after running the cleaner for a while now, we have had to replace the pump and chlorination cell, with new improved water flow the cleaner work as it should, it does the job as intended and our has not looked this good since it was built 13 years ago.

Purchased in January 2021 for $550.00.

Brad Rowe
Brad RoweSouth East Queensland, QLD

Goes round in circles and does not go up to the shallow end

For about 6 years i put up with my Zodiac MX8, pulling it out everytime it stopped with a medium sized leaf and every year replacing the running parts in it as the gears broke down on a regular basis. I asked the people at the pool shop for something with less moving parts and sucked up medium sized leaves without jamming. He sold me the Pentair Rebel 2 about 10 weeks ago now and it has not stopped, no jamming, got the suction right so it doesnt go too fast, very simple with running parts but just over the last week I have noticed that it likes hanging out in the deep end and now another two months down the track it just goes around in circles in the deep end, taking it back to the pool shop today for a refund.

Purchased in December 2020 at Captain Nemo's for $550.00.

Bob
BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not good

Cost 800 worked well for a while until it decided to go round in circles. Got a replacement under warranty and a repeat of above antics. Solution now appears to be for me to buy a tune up kit for about 140 as the warranty was not extended on replacement. Not a cheap pooi cleaner.

Purchased in January 2017 at Poolsmart for $799.00.

Michael
MichaelNorth Western Region, NSW

Not good!

When it worked, it was pretty good at removing most debris from the bottom of the pool. The first problem was that it had a very hard time climbing the walls (only about a 60 deg. angle) and if it did manage to get up, it got stuck on the safety step. The more annoying issue was that it would just stop - it seemed like the gears didn't mesh correctly and jammed. I had to manually free them by turning the wheels; it would make a clunk sound then start working again. This was a daily occurrence. It got to the point where I was spending more time fixing this than just manually vacuuming. Ended up returning for a refund.

Purchased in October 2020 for $450.00.

KJW
KJWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Two years on, still going strong

Has been by far the best I've owned. We have an oval-shaped pebblecrete pool, surrounded by trees. Plenty of leaves of all shapes and sizes go in, but it deals with them no problem. Finally stopped covering the whole pool recently after two years of solid daily use. Drive shaft was worn. Replaced using tune-up kit. Away she goes again, good as new. Couldn't recommend more.

Purchased in September 2018 for $599.00.

Find out how Pentair Rebel compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Poorly designed plastic drive - don't buy.

Purchased in July 2019 for $525.00.

Unhappy
UnhappySydney

Rubbish don’t buy this product

Broke down after 8months requires $150 parts to fix, told not under warranty. The warranty is a joke the cleaner is worse. These pool companies should hang their heads in shame. But I forgot, they don’t care as they are making $$$$$ out of suckers like me.

Julian M.
Julian M.Perth, WA

not for me

I purchased a Rebel 2 approximately four weeks ago and find it moves around the pool ok but has no brushes and doesn't scrub the surface of the pool so algae forms on the side walls. This never happened with the old creepy crawly. I was also disappointed to read in the instructions only after I has purchased it that it was only meant to run for two hours a day which is a bit annoying as the filter runs for at least double that as I am sure most pool filtration systems do. For me this cleaner is a waste of money and I have taken it out of the pool and gone back to my old creepy crawly.

Purchased in November 2020 at Best Price Pool Equipment for $599.00.

Unfortunate downgrade

I had robot for 15 years which I had to replace. My pool server recommended the Rebel, and after three months I can report the following major design flaws:
1. It get stuck on the drain cover. The cover is completely standard, obviously the designers did not leave any margins for installation. The previous robot never had this issue.
2. It requires strong suction or it does not move. Very inefficient, especially if you have one of those multi speed pump and you want to save energy.
3. It climb the walls and get stuck there.

Overall it surface coverage per time is very low and a lot of debris stay many days , get blackened and rotten.

Purchased in May 2020 for $465.00.

John
JohnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very Happy with Rebel 2

I originally had all sorts of issues with the Rebel 2 not working but realised I was missing the hose float, I went back to the store & once I put on the hose float it works great. It has great suction & climbs the walls. It’s a really good quality built product & easy to access the internal components if you need to change any worn parts in the future. Lots of spare parts available also in case anything needs replacing.
The service from Pentair was really good also. They pointed me on the right direction to fix the issue I was having with the set up. Who knew the hose float was so important.

Purchased in September 2020 for $600.00.

Keith
KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Working beautifully

This cleaner is a new one, replacing an old creepy crawly. It is actually the second one, the first one failed after about 6 months, but Pantair simply replaced it, which was excellent. Since it's been replaced, it's performed perfectly, way better than our old one.

Purchased in September 2019 for $699.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Jason D.
Jason D.asked

My rebel won’t come out of the deep end of the pool. Just replace both drive shafts and I believe it’s the wheels that need replacement. The wheels seem to be really sloppy. Should I just replace the hub which is a lot cheaper than purchasing two wheels for 100 dollars?

matt w.
matt w.asked

Hi can someone tell me why my rebel cleaner goes onto its side (on one wheel) it was working perfect now just does this continuously, only 5 months old. Thankyou

John T.
John T.

Buy the Pentair float which fits about 18" from the cleaner head on the vacuum hose. It will solve your problem.

Mick
Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners