Pentair Rebel
3.6 from 87 reviews · View Details

2.6

• Pool Size

Unfortunate downgrade

I had robot for 15 years which I had to replace. My pool server recommended the Rebel, and after three months I can report the following major design flaws:
1. It get stuck on the drain cover. The cover is completely standard, obviously the designers did not leave any margins for installation. The previous robot never had this issue.
2. It requires strong suction or it does not move. Very inefficient, especially if you have one of those multi speed pump and you want to save energy.
3. It climb the walls and get stuck there.

Overall it surface coverage per time is very low and a lot of debris stay many days , get blackened and rotten.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$465.00.

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

great pool cleaner

this pool cleaner i have had a little over 3 years... as all others the shaft to the wheels wore out...im not going to continue to use it or buy the so called tune up kits ect..to expensive im looking for other cleaners now

Purchased in January 2016 for A$500.00.

bryan s.

bryan s.Perth, WA

Good cleaner wears out the gears too easily

Had this cleaner for 2 years, cleans the pool really well and never gets blocked, as a pool cleaner, I would give it 5 stars. I have given it 3 stars is that I am now on the third internal shaft, they wear easily and means the teeth on the inside of the wheel don't catch and the cleaner just spins in a circle. The replacement kit costs $150 (shafts, wheels) , I have had to buy another 2 shafts (left and right) at another $80, which means that I am spending $130/years in parts (which seems a lot to me), the material of the shaft needs to be made from something that doesn't wear as much. The photos show the wear on the shafts on the end.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$448.00.

Mono

Mono

Fully agree with Ross I.

Would not consider if you have a tiled pool. The wheels on ours just spin when it gets to the wall and can be in the same spot for several minutes. We have to manually take it to the shallow end where it doesn't stay for long as the Rebel 2 cleans just over half the pool. Very disappointed and our old Kreepy Krawly did a better job.

Purchased in November 2019.

Raingod

RaingodPerth, WA

Our pool has never been so clean

After spending more and more money to try to get our old Kreepy Krawly pool cleaner to stop tying itself in knots and sitting in one place in the pool, we gave up and bought a Pentair Rebel 2 from Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento). Bob gave us a demo in our concrete pool with a vinyl liner. It worked well and sucked up the leaves and long fronds from cordylines so we decided to purchase it. Bob then made adjustments to set it up correctly for our pool which I believe is critical for best performance. It's been in for 10 days now, is completely silent and our pool has never looked so clean. I highly recommend the Pentair Rebel 2 and the service we received from Bob at Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento).

Purchased in January 2020 for A$770.00.

Ross I.

Ross I.

Don't buy if you have tiled pool, even with tiled tyres

Bought Rebel 2 with tiled tyres and it wouldn't even go to shallow end.
Tyers just spin and cleaner barely moves around, its just to slippery for it.
Ended up with Zodiac Manta replacing my Zodiac G2

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$550.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

It is absolute CRAP

Works only when Pool is being actually backwashed, otherwise it sits idle on the Pool floor

If you are considering this Pool Cleaner, do not waste you hard earned money! It is absolute CRAP

Purchased in July 2019.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Best and most reliable cleaner

We ve had the Rebel for three years now and it has worked exceptionally well. Manages to pick up pick larger leaves and sticks and covers the whole pool area consistently. Easy to maintain, never needed repairs. We have a vinyl pool and it is very gentle with this surface. It is a very quiet cleaner as well.
We ve had other cleaners before but encountered issues with them. The Rebel was a win for us!

Purchased in May 2017 for A$499.00.

jrb17

jrb17South East Queensland, QLD

Pentair Rebel - great pool cleaner

After doing some research and asking pool shop owners what pool cleaners they owned, I purchased the Pentair Rebel Pool Cleaner some time ago. It's the best pool cleaner I have ever owned. When first installed, I thought it was a bit slow as it moved around the pool. However, to my surprise, it cleaned the pool in the first session. I recently purchased another one for my 93 year old mother who wanted to fill the pool in as cleaning it was beyond the capabilities of her then pool cleaner. She's delighted at the improvement ; she didn't think it was possible to keep her pool so clean. I bought it via the web from Best Pool Supplies; good price & excellent service.

Purchased at Best Pool Supplies for A$489.00.

Colin

Colin

Works ok but costly to run

Geared shafts wear out quickly and costly to replace. Very poor selection of materials used for the gearing, unsuited to task and grossly over priced for such easily mass produced plastic parts.

3 months needs tires

The first clue should have been the original tires wouldn’t make it over the drain covers. The guy at Leslie’s kicked in an upgraded tire gratis. Now less than 3 months it is getting caught on the drains. A quick inspection, the tires show excessive ware. I gave up my Hayward for this because I was tired of replacing the shoes every 2 years. I wish I had my Hayward back!

Purchased in July 2019 for A$450.00.

TC80

TC80Gold Coast

Useless tile tyre - class action required

You can still see the ads on YouTube saying it works on tiled pool. The fact that they released a "tile tyre" means it won't work on tiled pools. I bought the new tiled tyres. Useless after 2 weeks. If there is a class action on this pool cleaner, sign me up.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$600.00.

Petet

PetetSydney, NSW

Faulty after 5 months and waiting over a month for warranty repair / replacement

Worked well for 5 months then one wheel stopped turning so it just cleaned a small circle in the deep end. Returned under warranty and still waiting after a month.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$495.00.

Scott

ScottNortheast, VIC

Not for TILED POOLS

Purchased for us as a gift. The supplier claimed you could watch it all day waiting for it to clean a certain spot. I’ve tried everything and I cannot get it to leave the deep end of the pool. Lacks weight, grip and quality!

Cleaner fail

My cleaner started going around in circles i was told to replace the tyres and did so, still no good. They sent me another cleaner that broke down after only 8 months. Won't cover under it warranty and the only explanation is that it is a water problem !!! OH DEAR DID IT GET WET !

Purchased in July 2016 for A$680.00.

Jen

JenMurray Region, NSW

Not Good

Bought the Pentair Rebel over 12 months ago, first one had to be replaced due to a bearing issue with the wheels. Replacement worked great for a few months, now it just cleans in one area of the pool. I've adjusted flow, backwashed, just done everything to get it to work properly. Won't climb walls as it shows in the promotional video, clearly not good for tiled pools, this should be stated on the product packaging, so that consumers are aware before outlaying hundreds of dollars on a product that is not fit for purpose. Very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$550.00.

Polly P

Polly PSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is useless in lap pools.

Useless in lap pools. Only cleans one end, then swirls and stays down that end. My pool shop said there may be a swivel device to stop the twirling and twisting. Expensive and useless.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$700.00.

Dissapointed

DissapointedSydney, NSW

worked well in first year but now experiencing problems

first year had no issues Worked quietly and reliable. Won't climb tiled pool wall or steps although did do the floor perfectly. after about 1 year stopped covering whole pool and stayed around the deep end only. had a new unit sent out under warranty and cleaner worked well however 3 months later having the same issue with cleaner only doing deeper half of pool.

Purchased in October 2017.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 years on and still loving it.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$490.00.

Andrew M

Andrew MBrisbane

Was excellent - but needed warranty claim at about 18 months

Purchased in November 2017 at Best Pool Supplies for A$499.00.