Pentair Rebel

Pentair Rebel (page 2 of 5)

• Pool Size

Raingod

RaingodPerth, WA

Our pool has never been so clean

After spending more and more money to try to get our old Kreepy Krawly pool cleaner to stop tying itself in knots and sitting in one place in the pool, we gave up and bought a Pentair Rebel 2 from Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento). Bob gave us a demo in our concrete pool with a vinyl liner. It worked well and sucked up the leaves and long fronds from cordylines so we decided to purchase it. Bob then made adjustments to set it up correctly for our pool which I believe is critical for best performance. It's been in for 10 days now, is completely silent and our pool has never looked so clean. I highly recommend the Pentair Rebel 2 and the service we received from Bob at Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento).

Purchased in January 2020 for $770.00.

Ross I.

Ross I.

Don't buy if you have tiled pool, even with tiled tyres

Bought Rebel 2 with tiled tyres and it wouldn't even go to shallow end.
Tyers just spin and cleaner barely moves around, its just to slippery for it.
Ended up with Zodiac Manta replacing my Zodiac G2

Purchased in January 2020 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for $550.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

It is absolute CRAP

Works only when Pool is being actually backwashed, otherwise it sits idle on the Pool floor

If you are considering this Pool Cleaner, do not waste you hard earned money! It is absolute CRAP

Purchased in July 2019.

Pool SizeAverage
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Find out how Pentair Rebel compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Best and most reliable cleaner

We ve had the Rebel for three years now and it has worked exceptionally well. Manages to pick up pick larger leaves and sticks and covers the whole pool area consistently. Easy to maintain, never needed repairs. We have a vinyl pool and it is very gentle with this surface. It is a very quiet cleaner as well.
We ve had other cleaners before but encountered issues with them. The Rebel was a win for us!

Purchased in May 2017 for $499.00.

David S.

David S.South East Queensland, QLD

Started well but within 2 years just goes to the deepest part only

Moves around a pebblecrete pool quite quickly and used to cover the entire pool floor.

Never climbed walls, wouldn't clean the walk in 'beach' entrance, never managed the seated shelf area that runs the entire longest length of the pool.

The online shop ignored our emails.

Steve

StevePerth, WA

Keeps going around in circles

We have had our pentair Rebel now for just over 2 years. In the beginning is was absolutely crap i had the wrong hose on it. Its been fine since but the last couple of weeks its decided it dosent want to clean the pool and just goes around and around.....

jrb17

jrb17South East Queensland, QLD

Pentair Rebel - great pool cleaner

After doing some research and asking pool shop owners what pool cleaners they owned, I purchased the Pentair Rebel Pool Cleaner some time ago. It's the best pool cleaner I have ever owned. When first installed, I thought it was a bit slow as it moved around the pool. However, to my surprise, it cleaned the pool in the first session. I recently purchased another one for my 93 year old mother who wanted to fill the pool in as cleaning it was beyond the capabilities of her then pool cleaner. She's delighted at the improvement ; she didn't think it was possible to keep her pool so clean. I bought it via the web from Best Pool Supplies; good price & excellent service.

Purchased at Best Pool Supplies for $489.00.

Colin

Colin

Works ok but costly to run

Geared shafts wear out quickly and costly to replace. Very poor selection of materials used for the gearing, unsuited to task and grossly over priced for such easily mass produced plastic parts.

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Massive regret

I ignored all of the bad reviews of the Rebel 1 thinking they would have fixed the issues but clearly it's no different. 6 months in and my rebel 2 goes 2/3 up the wall, drops down, does a spin then goes up the same part of the wall. Repeat that for 4 hours. Large leaves block it up also. I paid $500 and it was a complete waste of money.

Purchased in September 2019 for $500.00.

3 months needs tires

The first clue should have been the original tires wouldn’t make it over the drain covers. The guy at Leslie’s kicked in an upgraded tire gratis. Now less than 3 months it is getting caught on the drains. A quick inspection, the tires show excessive ware. I gave up my Hayward for this because I was tired of replacing the shoes every 2 years. I wish I had my Hayward back!

Purchased in July 2019 for $450.00.

TC80

TC80Gold Coast

Useless tile tyre - class action required

You can still see the ads on YouTube saying it works on tiled pool. The fact that they released a "tile tyre" means it won't work on tiled pools. I bought the new tiled tyres. Useless after 2 weeks. If there is a class action on this pool cleaner, sign me up.

Purchased in November 2017 for $600.00.

Petet

PetetSydney, NSW

Faulty after 5 months and waiting over a month for warranty repair / replacement

Worked well for 5 months then one wheel stopped turning so it just cleaned a small circle in the deep end. Returned under warranty and still waiting after a month.

Purchased in February 2019 for $495.00.

Scott

ScottNortheast, VIC

Not for TILED POOLS

Purchased for us as a gift. The supplier claimed you could watch it all day waiting for it to clean a certain spot. I’ve tried everything and I cannot get it to leave the deep end of the pool. Lacks weight, grip and quality!

Cleaner fail

My cleaner started going around in circles i was told to replace the tyres and did so, still no good. They sent me another cleaner that broke down after only 8 months. Won't cover under it warranty and the only explanation is that it is a water problem !!! OH DEAR DID IT GET WET !

Purchased in July 2016 for $680.00.

Jen

JenMurray Region, NSW

Not Good

Bought the Pentair Rebel over 12 months ago, first one had to be replaced due to a bearing issue with the wheels. Replacement worked great for a few months, now it just cleans in one area of the pool. I've adjusted flow, backwashed, just done everything to get it to work properly. Won't climb walls as it shows in the promotional video, clearly not good for tiled pools, this should be stated on the product packaging, so that consumers are aware before outlaying hundreds of dollars on a product that is not fit for purpose. Very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2017 for $550.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Disappointing.

Purchased in November 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store.

Polly P

Polly PSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is useless in lap pools.

Useless in lap pools. Only cleans one end, then swirls and stays down that end. My pool shop said there may be a swivel device to stop the twirling and twisting. Expensive and useless.

Purchased in January 2019 for $700.00.

bill

billSouth East Queensland, QLD

useless

the rebel pool cleaner is absolutely useless on tiled pools. even with the heavier rubber tyres. it has absolutely no traction . it is impossible to get any suggestions on what to do

Purchased in November 2018.

Dissapointed

DissapointedSydney, NSW

worked well in first year but now experiencing problems

first year had no issues Worked quietly and reliable. Won't climb tiled pool wall or steps although did do the floor perfectly. after about 1 year stopped covering whole pool and stayed around the deep end only. had a new unit sent out under warranty and cleaner worked well however 3 months later having the same issue with cleaner only doing deeper half of pool.

Purchased in October 2017.

Pool SizeAverage
Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 years on and still loving it.

Purchased in February 2017 for $490.00.

Mick

Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

D M.

D M.asked

It’s truly the damndest thing. In my rectangular pool (and regardless the level of suction) it climbs the wall, releases, climbs the same spot again until the wheels rotate at which time it releases from the wall, and having rotated just slightly before releasing it falls at such an angle that after completing the rotation it’s aimed right back up the same spot on the wall.

This absurdity is so mesmerizing that I’ve spent up to 30 minutes watching. It can eventually move, but only to do the wall gag in another location, typically spending its hours in 3-4 locations and always in the deep end.

Replaced parts but no change. I don’t see everyone else describing the same observation, so I don’t think it’s a piece of junk. But I also don’t know what to do. Any ideas?

Honest Bob

Honest Bobasked

Why do people want this to climb walls? To me this seems unnecessary when the leaves and bugs are sitting on the bottom of the pool. Also some people say it doesn't work in tiled pools but are they using the special tyres designed for tiled pools? They are different to the tyres for concrete pools.

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners