Pentair Rebel

Pentair Rebel (page 3 of 5)

• Pool Size

disappointed with Pentair Rebel

I've had my Pentair rebel cleaner for a little over 2 years. Worked fined but the problem started when the parts started to wear. Will be retiring cleaner due to the outrageous cost of parts and would not recommend buying this cleaner. Again the rebel did a good job of cleaning pool but the cost of parts make it to costly to replace parts.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Conor

ConorMOUNTAIN CREEK

Works really well

Bought this product about 2 months ago to replace a Baracuda style cleaner. Pool is a regular rectangular shape, in ground concrete pool. Really easy to fit and set up and with a few minor adjustments on the suction valve to allow it to climb the walls sufficiently, it was cleaning the whole pool. Would recommend it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Kyle

KyleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't do stairs.

I've had this cleaner for just over 18 months and it's great on the pool floor and to about half way up the walls. I've got 3 entry steps and a step on the other side for sitting or standing on. I bought the rebel on recommendation from our pool shop. We had a robotic cleaner but it did after a couple of years. The rebel was cheaper than a robotic cleaner so I decided to give it a go. After a couple of weeks it was noticeable that the stairs were dirty. I had to manually clean them and have had to since. I've changed the settings and moved the float etc but the stairs remain dirty. Wouldn't recommend this if you have stairs.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Shells

ShellsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best pool cleaner for our pebblecrete pool.

We have had our Rebel pool cleaner for just over 6 months and it has worked beyond our expectations. We have a lot of gum trees close to our pool on our neighbours side and this little guy just smashes the leaves like there is no tomorrow. When we brought our house it came with the normal zodiac type pool cleaner that we had to fix/coax to work every day. This little guy is set and forget and frankly worth every cent. The only to we need to do is manually get branches out of it but we would have to do that with any pool cleaner so to us it is a non issue. We can not recommend this enough and are going to buy another one in case they stop making them! Please don’t stop making them!!

Love this pool cleaner.

So much better than a our barracuda. Quiet, hardly notice it's on, even when you're in the pool. It picks up large leaves without any issues. Never gets stuck. Pool looks great. Had it for two years now without any problems. Thoroughly recommend it to anyone needing to replace their pool cleaner.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Worked really well for the first season

The Rebel worked well for the first season, but now it just keeps stopping for no apparent reason. There is no leaf or twig debris caught inside however I can see that there is obvious wear in the cogs at each end of one of the gear spindles. Perhaps that is the problem?

Date PurchasedOct 2016
SamSp

SamSpBrisbane

Good to start, problems begin after 6 months, pls comment

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Does not work in a fully tiled pool

The Rebel slips on my fully tiled pool floor. It can't even get from the deep to the shallow end and there's no way it will climb the walls.
The dealer said it would work but I see here and at other sites that fully tiled pools are a problem.
And yes - I've tried adjusting the suction to the maximum recommended as well as the minimum and everywhere in-between.

emmatt

emmattPerth, WA

Disappointed

I can't get this cleaner to work properly despite following the manual to the letter. It's "ok" but my old Kreepy Krawley did a much better job. I manually vacuum the pool at least once per week now - never had to do that with the old cleaner. Wouldn't buy again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Poorly designed

Please don’t buy this poorly designed product
After spending the money I have been for a year and half constantly frustrated with its performance
Surely the designers must have stood beside a pool and watched it spend 85%of its time sitting on the edge of the bottom of the pool doing nothing

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

KludoIllawarra, NSW

Very Impressive Cleaner

Folks, after swearing I’d never move away from a Barracuda product, I’m absolutely wrapped with this new purchase. This small unit packs a punch like nothing else and cleaned my 10m x 4m pool in literally 2 hours. When I say clean, I mean not just the heavy leaf debris but also the stains, gradually wearing them down and I’ve only had it 3 days. Whilst it won’t get up my steps or pool seat (nothing ever has due to 90 degree edges) it is relentless in its coverage of the pool and it’s by far the best $500 I’ve ever spent. Only took me 10 mins to setup as well and have only had to adjust flow pressure setting once to get it right. Don’t waste your money on any other cleaner and also comes with a 3 year warranty.

mike99

mike99Rockhampton

It’s really amazing!

We have a lot of debris in our pool due to 2 big gum trees nearby. I purchased the pentair rebel based on the reviews on this site as I needed a cleaner which can cope with very large amounts of debris. I have had the cleaner since October and the results are spectacular and I never would have imagined a cleaner could be so effective. If you have a pool that collects a lot of leaves I think you would struggle to find something better than this. On the very rare occasion when it gets stuck due to the large amount of leaves it has a valve where it attaches to the skimmer box to allow water to flow through the pump- Simply brilliant! It’s amazing. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Decks

DecksBrisbane

Finally !

I've had a heap of issues with previous cleaners and 6 months ago I decided it would be best if I manually vacuumed the pool once a week instead of mess around with auto cleaners again, got fed up with that. After reading reviews and watching a few youtube videos for the Rebel I decided to get one, Arrived three weeks ago, best cleaner I have ever owned ( at this stage). Has not been stuck once, no tangled hose and quite. Best $450 I have spent on the pool, pool is very clean.

Chris

ChrisSydney

Set and Forget

First pool cleaner for me that's ever earned that title. Purchased and installed 4 weeks ago and hasn't needed touching since. Yep, hasn't stuck in corners, stairs or twisted the hose. Sweeping the pool floor perfectly and half way up walls, picking up all leaves and dust.

Only factor for consideration is that my variable speed pump (Viron P280) didn't provide enough suction on the low setting to give the Pentair Rebel the muscle to do it's job effectively. Now on medium setting so there may be an energy price to pay.

Scott W

Scott WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent cleaner

I bought this cleaner for summer as my kreepy was falling apart. It was so easy to imstall and was working within about 20 minutes. Pay particular attention to the pressure gauge supplied as it determines its crawling speed and how good it sucks to the side. Its only been working about a week but its really set and forget so far. Quartzon pool 4x7m was spotless in about 1.5 hours. Picks up gum leaves, possum poo and twigs too. Never gets stuck on the steps like the Kreepy. Highly recommended!

Kym

KymBrisbane

Amazing cleaner.

We purchased this cleaner 3 weeks ago after studying reviews.
Our pool has never looked so clean.
Picks up all the leaves from neighbours trees.
So quiet. For the first few days we kept checking as assumed it had stopped working.
We purchased the cleaner online and it is the best $450 I have spent.
UPDATE.. 05/07/2018. Still works brilliantly. We haven’t had a single issue with it’s performance and pool still looks great

PeterEBrisbane

Does exactly what it’s suppose to!

Jonathan James

Jonathan JamesBrisbane

Great Product would recommend

I have had a number of cleaners, I have a large pool 12m x 5m and at the deep end 2m, 75000 litres. I have had a number of pool cleans including a Hammerhead and Robotic, gone of which have cleaned the whole pool, normally failing to get all the way up to the jets and up the walls.

The Rebel is the first which has consistantly cleaned the whole pool up the walls as well, and I have a inline Gator surface clean as well - brillant I recommend it..

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Andrew M

Andrew MBrisbane

Was excellent - but needed warranty claim at about 18 months

Date PurchasedNov 2017
megalomaniacc

megalomaniaccAU

Awesome

Also not one to leave reviews but the cleaner is awesome. It does not get stuck and cleans incredibly well. Left a poor review for a Zodiac MX8 and replaced it with this. It does not get choked up with the same leaves and twigs and has run for three weeks without an issue (having had at best 2 /3 days with Zodiac). The cleaning pattern appears complete and no signs of wear from a rough pebblecrete pool. Setup is simple.

Date PurchasedNov 2017