Pentair Rebel

Pentair Rebel (page 3 of 7)

• Pool Size

TC80
TC80Gold Coast

Useless tile tyre - class action required

You can still see the ads on YouTube saying it works on tiled pool. The fact that they released a "tile tyre" means it won't work on tiled pools. I bought the new tiled tyres. Useless after 2 weeks. If there is a class action on this pool cleaner, sign me up.

Petet
PetetSydney, NSW

Faulty after 5 months and waiting over a month for warranty repair / replacement

Worked well for 5 months then one wheel stopped turning so it just cleaned a small circle in the deep end. Returned under warranty and still waiting after a month.

Scott
ScottNortheast, VIC

Not for TILED POOLS

Purchased for us as a gift. The supplier claimed you could watch it all day waiting for it to clean a certain spot. I’ve tried everything and I cannot get it to leave the deep end of the pool. Lacks weight, grip and quality!

Cleaner fail

My cleaner started going around in circles i was told to replace the tyres and did so, still no good. They sent me another cleaner that broke down after only 8 months. Won't cover under it warranty and the only explanation is that it is a water problem !!! OH DEAR DID IT GET WET !

Jen
JenMurray Region, NSW

Not Good

Bought the Pentair Rebel over 12 months ago, first one had to be replaced due to a bearing issue with the wheels. Replacement worked great for a few months, now it just cleans in one area of the pool. I've adjusted flow, backwashed, just done everything to get it to work properly. Won't climb walls as it shows in the promotional video, clearly not good for tiled pools, this should be stated on the product packaging, so that consumers are aware before outlaying hundreds of dollars on a product that is not fit for purpose. Very disappointed.

John
JohnSydney, NSW

Disappointing.

Polly P
Polly PSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is useless in lap pools.

Useless in lap pools. Only cleans one end, then swirls and stays down that end. My pool shop said there may be a swivel device to stop the twirling and twisting. Expensive and useless.

bill
billSouth East Queensland, QLD

useless

the rebel pool cleaner is absolutely useless on tiled pools. even with the heavier rubber tyres. it has absolutely no traction . it is impossible to get any suggestions on what to do

Dissapointed
DissapointedSydney, NSW

worked well in first year but now experiencing problems

first year had no issues Worked quietly and reliable. Won't climb tiled pool wall or steps although did do the floor perfectly. after about 1 year stopped covering whole pool and stayed around the deep end only. had a new unit sent out under warranty and cleaner worked well however 3 months later having the same issue with cleaner only doing deeper half of pool.

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 years on and still loving it.

no good on tile pool

will work OK for awhile but gets stuck while trying to climb walls of pool the advert for the vac says that it is good in tile pools but all the experts say that it is not it is very misleading to advertise and it should be addressed to stop people spending money on something that that the makers know won't work As I understand it know they are sticky tyres available now at about $80 surely by bringing them out it's an admission that people who bought these vacs were ripped off In my opinion

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Awesome pool cleaner

I have had this for over 12 months and it’s the best cleaner ever on concrete pool with pebble finish
Amazing results and never stops
Just had to increase flow to climb walls
Too many words too many words too many words too many words too many words too many words

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dave R
Dave RLakeland

I recently switched to a Pentair Rebel and have absolutely no regrets.... it was easy to setup

My pool is enclosed by a lanai so most of the debri is small but it goes over the raised drain with ease. It sometimes will tip on its side while cleaning the sides but it always rights itself fairly quickly. I am very pleased with the Rebel’s performance so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Peter from the Tweed
Peter from the TweedTweed

Set and Forget

I wanted a cleaner that does a better job on big leaves etc. than conventional suction side 'vacuum' cleaners - I've had a Zodiac, a Kreepy and a cheapo Bunnings (which actually wasn't bad). But I baulked at the price of a proper robotic cleaner (~$1500) and as a compromise I bought this Rebel at around $500. Despite having a fairly small looking orifice, it can pick up almost anything and has never 'stalled'. It's a set and forget deal, and my pool has never looked better.
It's silent and looks well built. I can't speak to its longevity, having had it less than a year, but I think I'd happily pay for any parts it does need in future, given that it does such a great job.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jethro5
Jethro5Sydney

Great cleaner BUT

Date PurchasedNov 2016

matt w.
matt w.asked

Hi can someone tell me why my rebel cleaner goes onto its side (on one wheel) it was working perfect now just does this continuously, only 5 months old. Thankyou

John T.
John T.

Buy the Pentair float which fits about 18" from the cleaner head on the vacuum hose. It will solve your problem.

Mick
Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

D M.
D M.asked

It’s truly the damndest thing. In my rectangular pool (and regardless the level of suction) it climbs the wall, releases, climbs the same spot again until the wheels rotate at which time it releases from the wall, and having rotated just slightly before releasing it falls at such an angle that after completing the rotation it’s aimed right back up the same spot on the wall.

This absurdity is so mesmerizing that I’ve spent up to 30 minutes watching. It can eventually move, but only to do the wall gag in another location, typically spending its hours in 3-4 locations and always in the deep end.

Replaced parts but no change. I don’t see everyone else describing the same observation, so I don’t think it’s a piece of junk. But I also don’t know what to do. Any ideas?

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners