Pentair Rebel

Pentair Rebel (page 5 of 7)

• Pool Size

KludoIllawarra, NSW

Very Impressive Cleaner

Folks, after swearing I’d never move away from a Barracuda product, I’m absolutely wrapped with this new purchase. This small unit packs a punch like nothing else and cleaned my 10m x 4m pool in literally 2 hours. When I say clean, I mean not just the heavy leaf debris but also the stains, gradually wearing them down and I’ve only had it 3 days. Whilst it won’t get up my steps or pool seat (nothing ever has due to 90 degree edges) it is relentless in its coverage of the pool and it’s by far the best $500 I’ve ever spent. Only took me 10 mins to setup as well and have only had to adjust flow pressure setting once to get it right. Don’t waste your money on any other cleaner and also comes with a 3 year warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

mike99
mike99Rockhampton

It’s really amazing!

We have a lot of debris in our pool due to 2 big gum trees nearby. I purchased the pentair rebel based on the reviews on this site as I needed a cleaner which can cope with very large amounts of debris. I have had the cleaner since October and the results are spectacular and I never would have imagined a cleaner could be so effective. If you have a pool that collects a lot of leaves I think you would struggle to find something better than this. On the very rare occasion when it gets stuck due to the large amount of leaves it has a valve where it attaches to the skimmer box to allow water to flow through the pump- Simply brilliant! It’s amazing. Highly recommended

Decks
DecksBrisbane

Finally !

I've had a heap of issues with previous cleaners and 6 months ago I decided it would be best if I manually vacuumed the pool once a week instead of mess around with auto cleaners again, got fed up with that. After reading reviews and watching a few youtube videos for the Rebel I decided to get one, Arrived three weeks ago, best cleaner I have ever owned ( at this stage). Has not been stuck once, no tangled hose and quite. Best $450 I have spent on the pool, pool is very clean.

Chris
ChrisSydney

Set and Forget

First pool cleaner for me that's ever earned that title. Purchased and installed 4 weeks ago and hasn't needed touching since. Yep, hasn't stuck in corners, stairs or twisted the hose. Sweeping the pool floor perfectly and half way up walls, picking up all leaves and dust.

Only factor for consideration is that my variable speed pump (Viron P280) didn't provide enough suction on the low setting to give the Pentair Rebel the muscle to do it's job effectively. Now on medium setting so there may be an energy price to pay.

Scott W
Scott WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent cleaner

I bought this cleaner for summer as my kreepy was falling apart. It was so easy to imstall and was working within about 20 minutes. Pay particular attention to the pressure gauge supplied as it determines its crawling speed and how good it sucks to the side. Its only been working about a week but its really set and forget so far. Quartzon pool 4x7m was spotless in about 1.5 hours. Picks up gum leaves, possum poo and twigs too. Never gets stuck on the steps like the Kreepy. Highly recommended!

Kym
KymBrisbane

Amazing cleaner.

We purchased this cleaner 3 weeks ago after studying reviews.
Our pool has never looked so clean.
Picks up all the leaves from neighbours trees.
So quiet. For the first few days we kept checking as assumed it had stopped working.
We purchased the cleaner online and it is the best $450 I have spent.
UPDATE.. 05/07/2018. Still works brilliantly. We haven’t had a single issue with it’s performance and pool still looks great

PeterEBrisbane

Does exactly what it’s suppose to!

Jonathan James
Jonathan JamesBrisbane

Great Product would recommend

I have had a number of cleaners, I have a large pool 12m x 5m and at the deep end 2m, 75000 litres. I have had a number of pool cleans including a Hammerhead and Robotic, gone of which have cleaned the whole pool, normally failing to get all the way up to the jets and up the walls.

The Rebel is the first which has consistantly cleaned the whole pool up the walls as well, and I have a inline Gator surface clean as well - brillant I recommend it..

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Andrew M
Andrew MBrisbane

Was excellent - but needed warranty claim at about 18 months

megalomaniacc
megalomaniaccAU

Awesome

Also not one to leave reviews but the cleaner is awesome. It does not get stuck and cleans incredibly well. Left a poor review for a Zodiac MX8 and replaced it with this. It does not get choked up with the same leaves and twigs and has run for three weeks without an issue (having had at best 2 /3 days with Zodiac). The cleaning pattern appears complete and no signs of wear from a rough pebblecrete pool. Setup is simple.

Unbelievable.

Not normally one to write reviews but in this case I thought I had to. I have owned several suction cleaners with no real success, the rebel cleaner is unbelievable, it never gets stuck, climbs the walls, simple to install and most importantly does an awesome cleaning job. Highly recommend..

Bruce
Brucesydney

This little champion is second to none

Sohne
Sohne

Best pool cleaner

This is a great pool cleaner its quite opetation is a great change from the previous creepy crawly type. Cleans very efficently and doesnt require additional power. It unlike previous cleaners didnt get stuck on on my step or miss areas.
Recommend this unit over all others on market without hesitation.

Hardman
Hardman

Excellent!

Purchased this cleaner ($510 Ebay) after reading all reviews for all cleaners on this site. New pool owners, new to the maintenance required with no prior experience with cleaners (except when I was a kid pretending to be attacked by a marauding Kreepy Krawly) It does a great job. Follow the instructions, understand how it works - no problems. Quiet and efficient, clears the floor of our 9x4m pool in about 3 hours. Bamboo shards from next door can sometimes snag the impeller but easy to clear. We are most pleased!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

I love this cleaner.

I love this cleaner. It does its job no questions asked. My old barracuda always got stuck in the corners. No such issue with the Pentair Rebel. It is very important to follow the installation instructions when setting up the cleaner for the first time. Make sure you use the suction calibrator and also place the float in the correct position.
This cleaner has saved me a lot of work.

matt w.
matt w.asked

Hi can someone tell me why my rebel cleaner goes onto its side (on one wheel) it was working perfect now just does this continuously, only 5 months old. Thankyou

John T.
John T.

Buy the Pentair float which fits about 18" from the cleaner head on the vacuum hose. It will solve your problem.

Mick
Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

D M.
D M.asked

It’s truly the damndest thing. In my rectangular pool (and regardless the level of suction) it climbs the wall, releases, climbs the same spot again until the wheels rotate at which time it releases from the wall, and having rotated just slightly before releasing it falls at such an angle that after completing the rotation it’s aimed right back up the same spot on the wall.

This absurdity is so mesmerizing that I’ve spent up to 30 minutes watching. It can eventually move, but only to do the wall gag in another location, typically spending its hours in 3-4 locations and always in the deep end.

Replaced parts but no change. I don’t see everyone else describing the same observation, so I don’t think it’s a piece of junk. But I also don’t know what to do. Any ideas?

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners