Pentair Rebel

• Pool Size
Kathleen
KathleenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Replacing wheels and gears does not work.

Just spent $150 on a refurbish kit as the unit slowed down and doing donuts. Wasted $150.00 as was provided with an old kit with smooth wheels. Unit is now just sitting there with wheels moving very slowly. Reset suction, back washed and removed skimmer basket, suction is at Max. But doesn't work at all.

Purchased in February 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $599.00.

Bob
BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not good

Cost 800 worked well for a while until it decided to go round in circles. Got a replacement under warranty and a repeat of above antics. Solution now appears to be for me to buy a tune up kit for about 140 as the warranty was not extended on replacement. Not a cheap pooi cleaner.

Purchased in January 2017 at Poolsmart for $799.00.

Julian M.
Julian M.Perth, WA

not for me

I purchased a Rebel 2 approximately four weeks ago and find it moves around the pool ok but has no brushes and doesn't scrub the surface of the pool so algae forms on the side walls. This never happened with the old creepy crawly. I was also disappointed to read in the instructions only after I has purchased it that it was only meant to run for two hours a day which is a bit annoying as the filter runs for at least double that as I am sure most pool filtration systems do. For me this cleaner is a waste of money and I have taken it out of the pool and gone back to my old creepy crawly.

Purchased in November 2020 at Best Price Pool Equipment for $599.00.

Mono
Mono

Fully agree with Ross I.

Would not consider if you have a tiled pool. The wheels on ours just spin when it gets to the wall and can be in the same spot for several minutes. We have to manually take it to the shallow end where it doesn't stay for long as the Rebel 2 cleans just over half the pool. Very disappointed and our old Kreepy Krawly did a better job.

Purchased in November 2019.

Pool SizeAverage
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
David S.
David S.South East Queensland, QLD

Started well but within 2 years just goes to the deepest part only

Moves around a pebblecrete pool quite quickly and used to cover the entire pool floor.

Never climbed walls, wouldn't clean the walk in 'beach' entrance, never managed the seated shelf area that runs the entire longest length of the pool.

The online shop ignored our emails.

3 months needs tires

The first clue should have been the original tires wouldn’t make it over the drain covers. The guy at Leslie’s kicked in an upgraded tire gratis. Now less than 3 months it is getting caught on the drains. A quick inspection, the tires show excessive ware. I gave up my Hayward for this because I was tired of replacing the shoes every 2 years. I wish I had my Hayward back!

Purchased in July 2019 for $450.00.

Jen
JenMurray Region, NSW

Not Good

Bought the Pentair Rebel over 12 months ago, first one had to be replaced due to a bearing issue with the wheels. Replacement worked great for a few months, now it just cleans in one area of the pool. I've adjusted flow, backwashed, just done everything to get it to work properly. Won't climb walls as it shows in the promotional video, clearly not good for tiled pools, this should be stated on the product packaging, so that consumers are aware before outlaying hundreds of dollars on a product that is not fit for purpose. Very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2017 for $550.00.

Polly P
Polly PSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is useless in lap pools.

Useless in lap pools. Only cleans one end, then swirls and stays down that end. My pool shop said there may be a swivel device to stop the twirling and twisting. Expensive and useless.

Purchased in January 2019 for $700.00.

no good on tile pool

will work OK for awhile but gets stuck while trying to climb walls of pool the advert for the vac says that it is good in tile pools but all the experts say that it is not it is very misleading to advertise and it should be addressed to stop people spending money on something that that the makers know won't work As I understand it know they are sticky tyres available now at about $80 surely by bringing them out it's an admission that people who bought these vacs were ripped off In my opinion

Date PurchasedNov 2017

initially worked well

the cleaner worked well for the first year but it keep getting stuck by the stairs. The constant rotation of the tire as it was trying to climb the stairs wore out the treads. I replaced the treads ($50) and now the cleaner only circles the drain. i have tried several adjustments and i cannot get it to clean anywhere but around the drain.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
ivestar
ivestar

Works well till the moving parts stop failing

One of the aspects I have thrived in whilst working on projects is looking at current formats and procedures and enhance or improving or replacing these systems with easier or more effective methods by developing new systems and procedures. There are a lot of good reviews here but I would be interested to speak to these people after 2 years.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

disappointed with Pentair Rebel

I've had my Pentair rebel cleaner for a little over 2 years. Worked fined but the problem started when the parts started to wear. Will be retiring cleaner due to the outrageous cost of parts and would not recommend buying this cleaner. Again the rebel did a good job of cleaning pool but the cost of parts make it to costly to replace parts.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Kyle
KyleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't do stairs.

I've had this cleaner for just over 18 months and it's great on the pool floor and to about half way up the walls. I've got 3 entry steps and a step on the other side for sitting or standing on. I bought the rebel on recommendation from our pool shop. We had a robotic cleaner but it did after a couple of years. The rebel was cheaper than a robotic cleaner so I decided to give it a go. After a couple of weeks it was noticeable that the stairs were dirty. I had to manually clean them and have had to since. I've changed the settings and moved the float etc but the stairs remain dirty. Wouldn't recommend this if you have stairs.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
SamSp
SamSpBrisbane

Good to start, problems begin after 6 months, pls comment

Date PurchasedDec 2016
emmatt
emmattPerth, WA

Disappointed

I can't get this cleaner to work properly despite following the manual to the letter. It's "ok" but my old Kreepy Krawley did a much better job. I manually vacuum the pool at least once per week now - never had to do that with the old cleaner. Wouldn't buy again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Jason D.
Jason D.asked

My rebel won’t come out of the deep end of the pool. Just replace both drive shafts and I believe it’s the wheels that need replacement. The wheels seem to be really sloppy. Should I just replace the hub which is a lot cheaper than purchasing two wheels for 100 dollars?

matt w.
matt w.asked

Hi can someone tell me why my rebel cleaner goes onto its side (on one wheel) it was working perfect now just does this continuously, only 5 months old. Thankyou

John T.
John T.

Buy the Pentair float which fits about 18" from the cleaner head on the vacuum hose. It will solve your problem.

Mick
Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners