Pentair Rebel

• Pool Size

Brian
BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rebel 2 not what it is made out to be

We required a new pool cleaner, Rebel 2 was recommended to do the job required, leafy pool clean and a cleaner that could climb walls, to start with it did not work, we did a back wash, measured flow and checked all instructions and we have a cleaner that works.
Further comment from above, after running the cleaner for a while now, we have had to replace the pump and chlorination cell, with new improved water flow the cleaner work as it should, it does the job as intended and our has not looked this good since it was built 13 years ago.

Purchased in January 2021 for $550.00.

EvoHeat Force-i Pool Heat Pump

Looking for Pool Pumps?

Read the reviews for EvoHeat Force-i Pool Heat Pump

Ad

My Pentair Rebel circles around the pool drain

My Pentair Rebel for the past 3 weeks just circles around the pool drain ( deep end) I pull it alway to the shallow end, but it just ends back around the pool drain. Any suggestions please?

Brett
BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works really well for us

We have a 9m x 4m pool. Never really happy with the other type of creepy suction cleaner, never did a good job. Finally purchased the Rebel 2 and this has answered all our questions and concerns. Drone photo

Purchased in December 2019 at Mr Pool Man for $500.00.

Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Pentair Rebel compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

jrb17
jrb17South East Queensland, QLD

Pentair Rebel - great pool cleaner

After doing some research and asking pool shop owners what pool cleaners they owned, I purchased the Pentair Rebel Pool Cleaner some time ago. It's the best pool cleaner I have ever owned. When first installed, I thought it was a bit slow as it moved around the pool. However, to my surprise, it cleaned the pool in the first session. I recently purchased another one for my 93 year old mother who wanted to fill the pool in as cleaning it was beyond the capabilities of her then pool cleaner. She's delighted at the improvement ; she didn't think it was possible to keep her pool so clean. I bought it via the web from Best Pool Supplies; good price & excellent service.

Purchased at Best Pool Supplies for $489.00.

Kevin707
Kevin707AU

Does the job of cleaning the pool grate

Just put it in and it cleans every where only even half way up the wall my pool is concrete
I do not leave it in the pool only put it in when it gets dirty and it finds all the dirt even in the corners in about 4 runs of the filter

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Lynnoze
LynnozeAU

Excellent pool cleaner.

Bought the rebel pool cleaner and had it running for 2 months. Works very efficiently. Its a purely mechanical cleaner with large gearing inside thats easy to open up and clear out if anything gets jammed in there (which happens occasionally). Unlike some other reviews my experience is that it doesn't quite get up onto the steps in my pool but that doesn't bother me. I simply sweep the step debris off for it to collect on the bottom. So far so good.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
EvoHeat Force-i Pool Heat Pump

Looking for Pool Pumps?

Read the reviews for EvoHeat Force-i Pool Heat Pump

Ad

matt w.
matt w.asked

Hi can someone tell me why my rebel cleaner goes onto its side (on one wheel) it was working perfect now just does this continuously, only 5 months old. Thankyou

John T.
John T.

Buy the Pentair float which fits about 18" from the cleaner head on the vacuum hose. It will solve your problem.

Mick
Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

D M.
D M.asked

It’s truly the damndest thing. In my rectangular pool (and regardless the level of suction) it climbs the wall, releases, climbs the same spot again until the wheels rotate at which time it releases from the wall, and having rotated just slightly before releasing it falls at such an angle that after completing the rotation it’s aimed right back up the same spot on the wall.

This absurdity is so mesmerizing that I’ve spent up to 30 minutes watching. It can eventually move, but only to do the wall gag in another location, typically spending its hours in 3-4 locations and always in the deep end.

Replaced parts but no change. I don’t see everyone else describing the same observation, so I don’t think it’s a piece of junk. But I also don’t know what to do. Any ideas?

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners