Pentair Rebel

• Pool Size

Does the job and didn't break the bank

Purchased in June 2016 at pinch a penny.

KJW
KJWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Two years on, still going strong

Has been by far the best I've owned. We have an oval-shaped pebblecrete pool, surrounded by trees. Plenty of leaves of all shapes and sizes go in, but it deals with them no problem. Finally stopped covering the whole pool recently after two years of solid daily use. Drive shaft was worn. Replaced using tune-up kit. Away she goes again, good as new. Couldn't recommend more.

Purchased in September 2018 for $599.00.

John
JohnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very Happy with Rebel 2

I originally had all sorts of issues with the Rebel 2 not working but realised I was missing the hose float, I went back to the store & once I put on the hose float it works great. It has great suction & climbs the walls. It’s a really good quality built product & easy to access the internal components if you need to change any worn parts in the future. Lots of spare parts available also in case anything needs replacing.
The service from Pentair was really good also. They pointed me on the right direction to fix the issue I was having with the set up. Who knew the hose float was so important.

Purchased in September 2020 for $600.00.

Keith
KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Working beautifully

This cleaner is a new one, replacing an old creepy crawly. It is actually the second one, the first one failed after about 6 months, but Pantair simply replaced it, which was excellent. Since it's been replaced, it's performed perfectly, way better than our old one.

Purchased in September 2019 for $699.00.

Steve
SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

great pool cleaner

this pool cleaner i have had a little over 3 years... as all others the shaft to the wheels wore out...im not going to continue to use it or buy the so called tune up kits ect..to expensive im looking for other cleaners now

Purchased in January 2016 for $500.00.

Adso
AdsoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Least Worst of all the Pool Cleaners!

Purchased in July 2019 for $550.00.

Steve
SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to install. Works like a dream.

We bought the REBEL 2 Pool cleaner about 6 months ago after struggling for 12 months with the cheap ALDI cleaner. It cost a bit more, but it has a good warranty and all the parts are simple to replace (everything wears out eventually). My local pool shop (who I trust) has sold heaps of the earlier model and in the new model they have fixed up a couple of the small problems. It was very easy to install....just a bit of playing around with the pressure valve thingy....and it has been faultless so far. It will get stuck if you leave certain kinds of sinkies in the bottom of the pool.

Purchased in October 2019 for $499.00.

Raingod
RaingodPerth, WA

Our pool has never been so clean

After spending more and more money to try to get our old Kreepy Krawly pool cleaner to stop tying itself in knots and sitting in one place in the pool, we gave up and bought a Pentair Rebel 2 from Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento). Bob gave us a demo in our concrete pool with a vinyl liner. It worked well and sucked up the leaves and long fronds from cordylines so we decided to purchase it. Bob then made adjustments to set it up correctly for our pool which I believe is critical for best performance. It's been in for 10 days now, is completely silent and our pool has never looked so clean. I highly recommend the Pentair Rebel 2 and the service we received from Bob at Poolwater Technologies (Sorrento).

Purchased in January 2020 for $770.00.

Best and most reliable cleaner

We ve had the Rebel for three years now and it has worked exceptionally well. Manages to pick up pick larger leaves and sticks and covers the whole pool area consistently. Easy to maintain, never needed repairs. We have a vinyl pool and it is very gentle with this surface. It is a very quiet cleaner as well.
We ve had other cleaners before but encountered issues with them. The Rebel was a win for us!

Purchased in May 2017 for $499.00.

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 years on and still loving it.

Purchased in February 2017 for $490.00.

Awesome pool cleaner

I have had this for over 12 months and it’s the best cleaner ever on concrete pool with pebble finish
Amazing results and never stops
Just had to increase flow to climb walls
Too many words too many words too many words too many words too many words too many words

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dave R
Dave RLakeland

I recently switched to a Pentair Rebel and have absolutely no regrets.... it was easy to setup

My pool is enclosed by a lanai so most of the debri is small but it goes over the raised drain with ease. It sometimes will tip on its side while cleaning the sides but it always rights itself fairly quickly. I am very pleased with the Rebel’s performance so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Peter from the Tweed
Peter from the TweedTweed

Set and Forget

I wanted a cleaner that does a better job on big leaves etc. than conventional suction side 'vacuum' cleaners - I've had a Zodiac, a Kreepy and a cheapo Bunnings (which actually wasn't bad). But I baulked at the price of a proper robotic cleaner (~$1500) and as a compromise I bought this Rebel at around $500. Despite having a fairly small looking orifice, it can pick up almost anything and has never 'stalled'. It's a set and forget deal, and my pool has never looked better.
It's silent and looks well built. I can't speak to its longevity, having had it less than a year, but I think I'd happily pay for any parts it does need in future, given that it does such a great job.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Conor
ConorMOUNTAIN CREEK

Works really well

Bought this product about 2 months ago to replace a Baracuda style cleaner. Pool is a regular rectangular shape, in ground concrete pool. Really easy to fit and set up and with a few minor adjustments on the suction valve to allow it to climb the walls sufficiently, it was cleaning the whole pool. Would recommend it.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Shells
ShellsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best pool cleaner for our pebblecrete pool.

We have had our Rebel pool cleaner for just over 6 months and it has worked beyond our expectations. We have a lot of gum trees close to our pool on our neighbours side and this little guy just smashes the leaves like there is no tomorrow. When we brought our house it came with the normal zodiac type pool cleaner that we had to fix/coax to work every day. This little guy is set and forget and frankly worth every cent. The only to we need to do is manually get branches out of it but we would have to do that with any pool cleaner so to us it is a non issue. We can not recommend this enough and are going to buy another one in case they stop making them! Please don’t stop making them!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jason D.
Jason D.asked

My rebel won’t come out of the deep end of the pool. Just replace both drive shafts and I believe it’s the wheels that need replacement. The wheels seem to be really sloppy. Should I just replace the hub which is a lot cheaper than purchasing two wheels for 100 dollars?

matt w.
matt w.asked

Hi can someone tell me why my rebel cleaner goes onto its side (on one wheel) it was working perfect now just does this continuously, only 5 months old. Thankyou

John T.
John T.

Buy the Pentair float which fits about 18" from the cleaner head on the vacuum hose. It will solve your problem.

Mick
Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners