Pentanet

• Adequate Speeds Yes (86%) · No (14%)

CraigPerth, WA

Never got up to speed, forced me to buy new routers i didn't need

The FTTP NBN from pentanet was awful, dropouts, slow speeds.

Poor service, rude staff, sold me equipment I didn't need.

I paid for 100mbps barely got 16 consistantly, moved to a new provider and now consistently in the high 90s even at peak time.

Start DateJanuary 2020
Adequate Speeds No
Contract TypeMonth-to-month

It All Happened in 6 Hours

After an initial enquiry about Fixed Wireless for my business in Balcatta, it was suggested that I get the 60/20 Business Plan for $104pm. The installer was here on time at 8am to install the aerial on the roof & then after that was done the IT guy came & connected us to the internet. Wham we had fast internet at 60mbps as promised. This was all done before 3pm in the afternoon & we are happy campers now after our old internet speed was getting slower & slower where it was pathetic at 6 - 8mbps!!
If you have slow internet speed - do your self a favour & get Pentanet installed. You'll kick yourself for not doing it! Forget the NBN & it's fake promises.

Start DateFebruary 2020
Team PentanetPentanet

WOW! This is such great feedback, thank you so much guys!

Andrew NguyenPerth, WA

Forget NBN

Very professional outfit; arrived on time, explained various options available to get connect, trouble shoots during set up.

The 4.5m tower installation made the house look unsightly but then again it all about the speed of the internet. I ordered 60Mps down and 10Mps up and what I got was exactly that. Tested during peak hours (6-8pm and 7-8am) and no loss of speed. For an extra $14/mth well worth it.

Overall excellent company to deal with and the staff very polite and helpful. Highly recommend.

Start DateFebruary 2020
Team PentanetPentanet

Thanks so much Andrew, this is so great to hear! :)

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Pentanet compares to other Internet Service Providers

Tyson E

Tyson EPerth

Awesome - speeds as indicated

I paid for 60/10 and speed tests hit exactly that. I've since updated to 120/20. Customer service is excellent and you always chat to a person. Had some issues at my end and they still threw me some suggestions that solved the issue. Take my money!

Start DateNovember 2019
Team PentanetPentanet

Cheers mate, always great to chat to you! We'll happily do whatever it takes to get you the best speeds possible, and sounds like you're already loving life #poweredbypentanet :) Thanks again for the support!

daveall

daveall

Internet freedom at last

After putting up with the dreadful copper wires located at some distance from an FTTN box, I was finally able to connect to Pentanet Fixed wireless. Whereas before on the copper wires I would regularly get dropouts, slow speeds and longer periods of disconnection, I finally have obtained NBN as it should be. Affordable, consistent 60Mbs speed even in the peak times in the evening and unlimited monthly downloads. The support team are just brilliant. Thanks for making my internet experience a joy at last.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Team PentanetPentanet

So great to hear that @daveall - it's a pleasure to have you as a member of our network!

nerfherder

nerfherderPerth

Excellent internet service provider

Having joined Pentanet for a NBN connection for several months, I would congratulate Pentanet on their extremely high quality of customer service. When required Pentanet provided me with a professional technical support service in a friendly, concise & patient manner. I have no hesitation with recommending Pentanet as an internet service provider, given their Australian (Perth) based support who have excellent communication & troubleshooting skills. Support Australian local business.

Start DateNovember 2018
Team PentanetPentanet

Thank you @nerfherder - that's awesome to hear! Thanks so much for your support :)

Ali Bee

Ali BeePerth, WA

Amazing - can't believe I spent so long without it!

Pentanet, where have you been all my life?! I've now connected to Pentanet fixed wireless at home and at the office, and couldn't be happier. Consistently getting speeds of 100Mbps with up to 20 devices connected - it's life changing. Haven't seen that pesky buffer wheel in months! Highly recommend.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Team PentanetPentanet

@Ali Bee - so happy to hear you're enjoying life #poweredbyPentanet!

plumboss

plumbossPerth, WA

Fixed wireless internet connection

I've been waiting for NBN for years, then two weeks ago i received the email, NBN available in 2 weeks.
I then checked my download speed, 54Mbps, and deleted the the NBN email.
I recently had Pentanet install a receiver dish on my roof, small non invasive, and connect me to a fixed wireless connection.
Instant fast download, for another $15 per month and I could get 100Mbps, my computer would probably burn up.
If you can connect to a fixed wireless connection, do it.
Check ISP plans, they will check to see if you have a point to point sight and advise of speeds.
Pentanet have been 5 star.

Connection TypeWiMAX
Team PentanetPentanet

Thanks so much for your kind words! It's our pleasure to bring your internet up to speed. Cheers! - Team Pentanet.

Andy W

Andy Wasked

Pentanet

Do you know if we lose Foxtel by kicking Telstra into touch and signing up with Pentanet??
A bit over the slow speeds and dropouts

Team PentanetPentanet

Foxtel typically doesn't require internet from a specific ISP, but we recommend you speak with your Foxtel provider to be 100% sure. If it's bundled in with your internet service and you want to change providers, you'll probably need to speak with Foxtel to transfer it, or sign up again :)

Grantasked

Hi Peeps,

I am currently with Aussie BB and have noticed that my world of warships (sorry the geek in me is quite strong) connection is getting quite laggy during peak times. The connection speed is great (my router reports a connection of 109 down and 40 up on a 100m plan) but upon doing a ping test it seems (not surprising) that my connection goes to Melbourne then to Singapore (this is where the lag kicks in). Is anyone on Pentanet able to to a pingplotter to login1.worldofwarships.jp (if that is not too much of a bother).

Team PentanetPentanet

Hey Grant! We took a look, and latency to that host from our network over a 24 hour period is 48ms average (48.4ms max) :)

Grant

Thanks team. I will continue to monitor and if the problem persists you may have a new customer. I have previously called your team in regards to wireless broadband but unfortunately the strata did not want to have a 4m pole attached to our roof. In any case I was really impressed with the effort your team went to. Great customer service!

James M.
James M.

Im in perth mate and i get 62ms latency (ping) with pentanet. Its got nothing to do with the provider, its because like 'world of warships' the game i plays server is in melbourne aswell, so you will never get 0 ping on the west coast.

Mark C.asked

Pentanet

Hi Pentanet, currently I'm with iinet and it is OK but I wonder what gaming ping times I'd get with fixed wireless, also is the price of organising fibre to the premises crazy, if that's an option? Thanks regards Mark

My was 7-11 ms with Pentanet. Previously with TPG around 40-50ms

Thanks mate !!!

Get an answer from our members and Pentanet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers