People Energy

People Energy (page 2 of 5)

1.1

• Rates and Fees
Marc

MarcMelbourne

Misleading! Dishonest! Scam!!! Beware

Elaine

ElaineMontmorency

Worried after their call

It was a cold call. Usually my mobile detects suspected spam but in this case it didn't show up and i took the call.
This I regretted. The supervisor was pushy and demanded. I hung up after saying multiple times that I am not ok and don't understand what they're offering. He followed up with more calls and texts so I reported the number as spam.

Dodgy but also probably illegal practice

They keep calling. And when you ask to unsubscribe, they put the phone down. And ring again later as thought it is their right to call you. This has been going on for at least 12 months. Always the same 45% or so discount.

LOOL

LOOLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from this mob!!!

Did not disclose that they were a different energy provider but made out they were my current provider by saying their company name - and were offering me an extra discount. Eg we are ringing you because you are with Origin Energy .... Harrass you with constant phone calls.

Terrible! Be aware!!

Also get ridiculous cold calls

Another call from another energy company. Such a waste of time!!
Tried so many time to get off their lists, but still they call.
Would not touch this company, and all others like them.

Mona

MonaGeelong

Must be a scam

Called many times and I thought I'd answer in case it was something important. Claimed that I am getting a discount for always paying my bills on time. They are not even my current energy provider. Then they proceed to ask for my address and even asked for me to confirm that I am an Australian resident and provide my Medicare number. That's when I got really suspicious and told him that I would speak to my energy provider and sort this out later. He yelled at me and then said that he can call me back when I am free. I told him either he gives me the discount or not, I don't care but he is not getting any details from me. He then hung up.

Erica

Erica

Harrassing me every 3rd day

I keep getting phone calls from this company; I now answer the call and pretend to be interested to waste their time. (Sorry call center staff)
I’ve asked to be removed from the calling list around a dozen times but they still call. (I live in Tasmania so they cant even service me).
They still havent removed me.

RUDE, SCAM, MISLEADING.!!!

Had a call from people energy,
1)have to ask multiple time about what company is it before they tell me,
2)they say they have 40% off, but from what price? they didn't mention.
3) Told them my mom is available at 5:30 pm, they call it at 6:30 pm, while I explain to them that she is not available at 6:30 pm, they assume we are not interested, and say "you will not have the 40% off, bye".

If the product is true we would have checked the website.
I would say, RUDE, SCAM, MISLEADING.

Disgusting power company

Their information is misleading and always want to over charge you, if you don’t pay amount described they will threaten you that your account is going to debit collectors and that will affect your credit file.

Mum

MumMelbourne

Bad practice - talking advantage of vulnerable people

Called my daughter who has a brain injury - confused her, and berated her for not understanding. She hung up but they called her back - she is not sure what she agreed to as she could not understand because of the accent and the speed of delivery. They recorded her and kept telling her to use only yes or no answers. Asked for her medicare no or driver's licence number too. I am feeling very nervous about what might happen next. Not sure what I should do.
The abysmal reviews I am seeing here just reinforce how dodgy the business practices are of this company. Maybe I will contact the Energy Ombudsman.

Finn

FinnSale

SCAM!!

Sammy

SammyGeelong

Total scammers

Keeps calling and telling lies in Indian English. Never trust these rubbish guys. I think the Australian Government needs to take actions against such scammers.

Liars!

They have been calling me non-stop! They told me I was eligible for a discount on my bill like all other Victorians, I just needed to confirm my details. They did not tell me they were from a totally different electricity company than I am with. They tried to manipulate me into switching over to them just by me confirming my ID. I did not do that and hung up on them.
Absolute joke! If they had have been honest from the start and told me where they were from I may have listened.
Beware!
How can they continue to do this?

Constantly calls they won’t leave me alone!!!!

Can’t stand it!!!! Everyday the call 3 times and I tell them put me on the do not call registry.. They don’t listen, going to put in complaint again this harassment!!! It’s got to STOP ✋

Liars and scammers

My electricity was switched over to a vulnerable person under my care who has an intellectual disability 19 and mind of a 9 year old. They took advantage of her got her name and switched over my energy bill under her name without my consent!! How do you give consent to someone whose never worked and has a disability? Someone who can't even read or write? And you give them authority to pay a bill?
Damn can't even speak English themselves and were clear about nothing and kept cutting me out and hung up on me. Offered and promised me a discount took my card details and then said they couldn't get the discount after I gave my bank details! Worst money eaters! and never told me how this girl got consent to have a bill under her name!

Bgee

BgeeMelbourne

I am shocked how Call centre have my details

I received a call on Friday afternoon from CS and says he's from Melbourne office. I repeatedly had to say I am not authorising for any change from my current provider. Not interested in monthly bills. He gave me his staff ID number but doesn't want to hear no for an answer. He constantly reads info about 2 plans and says i would be silly not accepting their 46% discount. I lost my patience and said I am not giving my authorisation or details of the current provider. I am worried after reading these reviews, whether PE are going to sign me up without my authorisation. Do I need to call my current electricity provider on Monday?

Xenad

XenadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic

People energy are absolute criminals. They suck you in without you realising. And when I did I told them to stick it. Yes they keep ringing you but just hang up no point arguing they are morons. Stick with what you know and are comfortable with. No energy company is great but it's that old familiar saying that stands true, better the devil you know. Back with AGL and couldn't be happier. Who cares about all these stupid discounts. You never get something for nothing they all use clever selling tactics.

Tony

TonySunbury

No Stars would be more accurate

Had an unsolicited call from these guys today. Couldn't get a word in as the guy rattled off his script and when I did, I couldn't get a straight answer out of him. Not sure if it was his poor English or their terrible background noise. Do I wan't to deal with a company like this...no way. Yeah I get it, People Energy use a third party for this marketing, but once again that says something about them doesn't it.

Beware !!!

These guys tried to get my daughter to pay for an account on a property she left six months before. I put an offer to settle the matter to their " resolution officer " who says he could " fix it " it then got bounced off to another person who supposedly " had the authority " and then to another person who " had the authority " to be told he couldn't tell me who had he authority - what a sham of an " organisation "