1.2

5% · 586 · 95%

Bec
Bec

Constantly calls they won’t leave me alone!!!!

Can’t stand it!!!! Everyday the call 3 times and I tell them put me on the do not call registry.. They don’t listen, going to put in complaint again this harassment!!! It’s got to STOP ✋

Sam
Sam

Liars and scammers

My electricity was switched over to a vulnerable person under my care who has an intellectual disability 19 and mind of a 9 year old. They took advantage of her got her name and switched over my energy bill under her name without my consent!! How do you give consent to someone whose never worked and has a disability? Someone who can't even read or write? And you give them authority to pay a bill?

Damn can't even speak English themselves and were clear about nothing and kept cutting me out and hung up on me. Offered and promised me a discount took my card details and then said they couldn't get the discount after I gave my bank details! Worst money eaters! and never told me how this girl got consent to have a bill under her name!

Bgee
BgeeMelbourne

I am shocked how Call centre have my details

I received a call on Friday afternoon from CS and says he's from Melbourne office. I repeatedly had to say I am not authorising for any change from my current provider. Not interested in monthly bills. He gave me his staff ID number but doesn't want to hear no for an answer. He constantly reads info about 2 plans and says i would be silly not accepting their 46% discount. I lost my patience and said I am not giving my authorisation or details of the current provider. I am worried after reading these reviews, whether PE are going to sign me up without my authorisation. Do I need to call my current electricity provider on Monday?

Xenad
XenadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Pathetic

People energy are absolute criminals. They suck you in without you realising. And when I did I told them to stick it. Yes they keep ringing you but just hang up no point arguing they are morons. Stick with what you know and are comfortable with. No energy company is great but it's that old familiar saying that stands true, better the devil you know. Back with AGL and couldn't be happier. Who cares about all these stupid discounts. You never get something for nothing they all use clever selling tactics.

Tony
TonySunbury5 posts

No Stars would be more accurate

Had an unsolicited call from these guys today. Couldn't get a word in as the guy rattled off his script and when I did, I couldn't get a straight answer out of him. Not sure if it was his poor English or their terrible background noise. Do I wan't to deal with a company like this...no way. Yeah I get it, People Energy use a third party for this marketing, but once again that says something about them doesn't it.

elsee
elseeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Beware !!!

These guys tried to get my daughter to pay for an account on a property she left six months before. I put an offer to settle the matter to their " resolution officer " who says he could " fix it " it then got bounced off to another person who supposedly " had the authority " and then to another person who " had the authority " to be told he couldn't tell me who had he authority - what a sham of an " organisation "

JUSTINfrompeopleNRG
JUSTINfrompeopleNRGBendigo

Jane S
Jane S

Liars!

Complete liars! Was told they were ringing me to activate a discount for my agl account as it was not previously activated. They were then able to recite my personal details. On yelling at the phone operator they then revealed all my personal information was collected off an online survey which I had completed and that they were in fact trying to swap me over from agl to people energy. These people are not to be trusted!

Dude
Dude

people are not to be trusted

People energy cold called my elderly father pretending to be origin and then tried to get him to change over to them,they seemed to know all his details. Do not deal with this company under any circumstances. When I called to complain about this behavior they were rude and arrogant.

Appalling.

bobsyourunkle
bobsyourunklemelbourne24 posts

they ring nearly every day

I dont want to join people energy. I havent signed up to anything nor have I rung them up to talk to a sales representative. Im not interested in signing up please do not call me back ever.

Habid
Habid

Shocking service theft amazing rudeness no knowledge

Bunch of idiots, good for nothing's. We needed electricity abolishment, they say please use another company's form as we don't have one. When asked to speak to manager, [name removed] says he is the one but says it will take 300 to 500 dollars. 40 business days. I wouldn't place my credit card details with these Indian cowboys.

Raddles
Raddles

Steph
StephGippsland, VIC10 posts

Signed me up without permission. First of problems

They called me up and offered to give me a better deal and said they will send out the information so I can compare it myself and then they would call me within 10 days to ask if I would like to continue. I never recieved the information and I missed a call from them then all of assuden they automatically signed me up! Was a nightmare to get them to cancel it as well. They were rude and almost wouldn't do it borderline calling me stupid for not taking their deal. I recieved a bill of $60 for only 5 days supply! Paid the bill just to get rid of them but every single person I spoke to was Indian (no offence) and rude!

Absolutely disgusting.

Not so stupid
Not so stupid

Nice try

These guys just called me offering the usual 38% discount, that everyone in Australia is just randomly entitled to and they don’t have to do anything AT ALL. Then wanted my DOB “just to confirm Im not talking to a minor” when I refused saying if everyone in Australia is entitled to this why do you need any of my details? I was met with “well you won’t get the discount then”. No problem, see ya! ✌

Nickname required
Nickname requiredWerribee

Lying

They will say whatever they can to try and string you along.

I was stupid enough to say I'll think about it. Next thing I know I've got a letter in the mail saying the transfer is underway.

It took three calls with them (with two calls in between with my current provider for reassurance I wasn't going to loose my power) before they finally cancelled the transfer request.

They threatened that I could loose power, that the transfer had already happened and I would have to re-sign with my current provider. Constantly switching around with me.

This place is a joke.

"You are a customer, you do not know how this works, okay"

Freaking unbelievable. If this is how they treat people, god forbid having to rely on them.

Doreen
DoreenSydney

Good customer service and good price

I joined a few months ago and have been happy with the pricing. I had a recent query and the person I spoke to knew from the outset how to deal with my query and was very professional and timely

Mkiesska

Kasey
Kasey

richard
richard31 posts

Promised 40% LESS ACTUALLY 20% increase.Call center operators hard to understand.Double billed

3 Bills in and I get DOUBLE BILLED! Indian call center says don't get upset 1000s of people had this problem this billing cycle because of computer glitch.......oh cool now I feel better!

The call center guys get angry when you cannot understand them and talk at about 3 words a second but the bottom line is we read some stupid PROJECT article on how we were paying to much for power and in it they claimed People energy were close to half price.Tried to work out there extremely complicated pricing system which was like pulling teeth to get out of them and gave up and decided to take a punt........I lost!

Jennifer
Jennifer

Louis
Louis

Disgusting! Disgusting! Disgusting!

People energy is nothing but liars!! I was charged $35 more than my previous provider for 17 days after I switched to People energy. The customer service was also terrible!!! Never never never talk to PEOPLE ENERGY!

Bob Langford
Bob Langford

Pinny
Pinny

Disgusted

This company from a professional perspective is disgusting. They could not understand what we were communicating to them. After speaking to a representative we were transferred to a supervisor who told us he would speak to his manager, sadly he put us on hold and we could hear him typing and did not enter a discussion at all in that time. After ten minutes he responded by saying hello a few times and then he hung up. Absolute thieves....

Sof
Sof

Sneaky

I spent 40 mins on the phone like an idiot and believing them thinking they would talk to origin so I can get a better discount rate and it wasn't the case at all they were signing me up as I was on the phone they had my details and everything so in the end I told them I DO not want to sign up for your company I'm happy with origin and they kept persisting. So after constantly telling this guy he said it's ok I'll cancel it. Now I better see no termination fees or bills and they better not ring origin. Never deal this company!!!

A customer
A customer

Sneaky way trying to win customers by guessing your details and asking you to correct them

I understand that switching energy provider may safe some people money, but the way People energy is conducting their marketing calls is sneaky. They suggest your detail and if its wrong ask you to verify this. Then don't listen when asked about the purpose of their call?

This does not sound legal to me.

Brent
Brent3 posts

poor organisation and liars

Out of every retailer I've been with in my life, be it gas, water, phone, electricity, internet no one compares to how bad people energy are. About 15 phone calls in under 12 months, could go on forever about how poor they are, could not recommend anyone any less than people energy.

SMITTY
SMITTY2 posts

People energy...Terrible company to deal with

This company is terrible to deal with. They are very rude when talking to them. They snap at you and they talk over you! I'm currently looking for a new supplier! How dare they be so rude to the customer. And if they refuse my request I will take it further as I'm so damn sick of their rudeness & their rip off bill cycles! I've had enough i want to blow the company up!

Disgruntled
DisgruntledBethanga

Unaccountable

The electricity to our shed was disconnected by a fallen tree, following which Ausnet disconnected in December. Since then I have kept on receiving bills for electricity that wasn't supplied, Deemed agreements to the Occupier for the supply of electricity that wasn't even connected, disconnection notices (while already disconnected), and threats to take legal action for made up bills.

Jackie
Jackie2 posts

Good Company Helped in Saving Money

I was with Origin last year and cost almost 100pp per month in the winter. They didn't provide any saving plan until I notice them I would go with People Energy. Well, let's talk about cost. I saved 50 bucks last money. It was $141 and people energy gave me $50 discount. That's amazing. I don't need to worry about air conditioning consumption in the frozen days.

Kim T
Kim T

Rude Customer Service

Rang up for an explanation, instead received a lecture! The representative kept stating "we are all humans mam, we need to survive in this market, you use a lot of appliances, that's why your bill is high."

I clearly rang up to disconnect with them and they won't let me, what can I do?

SuzM
SuzM

Did me a favour and got a major discount with current provider!

They also did the 38% spiel on me but I turned it around and said i will check with my current provider first. So rang up and mentioned the competitors rate and was immediately offered 35% discount on electricity! Now that was a quick turn around from the current 13% plan. Glad I ended the call and stayed loyal to my provider! Doing the happy dance!!!

KikUrass

Mickmelbourne

Bugsy
Bugsy

Disgusting Business practices

This company has been randomly calling me even after I told them not to call. They use a company called "Bag an Offer" which is an overseas call centre to randomly call people and push them into signing up.

I thought this type of cold calling was illegal in Australia? A Current Affair would have a field day with these guys.

Dontmesswithme321
Dontmesswithme321melbourne

Guest112
Guest112

No words ca describe how terrible

This is the worst by far I've ever dealt with, I keep getting harassed by People energy for an account I don't have. When I ask to go to transfer through to the complaints they say no, when I ask to speak to a manager they say no. Please stay away from this company, they are a small energy provider ripping people off and harassing people. I have no idea how they get away with this.

Dave R.
Dave R.Melbourne

Dreadful Sales Staff

Horrible experience today where I had 6 (Yes, SIX) phone calls today from this business trying to convince me to change energy providers. How many times do I have to say I'm not interested??

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now