Peoplecare Health Insurance

Peoplecare Health Insurance (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Peoplecare Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)
Lia
LiaSA

Fantastic value

I joined up with Peoplecare shortly before needing 4 wisdom teeth out, I sent through a photo of my invoice for the procedure just before I went in the chair and by the time I was brought back out of general anaesthesia they had processed my claim, totalling $1,500, no questions asked. Unfortunately I had to cancel my cover shortly after due to finances which I feel quite guilty about considering how great they were. Their prices vs benefits were the most competitive I could find and the promptness of refunds was excellent.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Awww, thanks Lia! Always glad when we can help out. Take care - Brooke @ Peoplecare

jpcnttiVictoria, 3770

This is the best for us

Excellent product and service

Great value for my policy. Very impressed with my cover and the price compated to others in the market. Excellent customer service - always friendly and ready to help! Love that they are not-for-profit :)

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Thanks so much Lauren, this is what we love to hear! We’re all about keeping our members happy. I’ll be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the team. Take care! – Brooke @ Peoplecare

Peoplecare have been great

We changed to Peoplecare because they were cheaper than our previous health provider and they have exceeded all our expectations. They covered many items not covered by other insurance providers and have been lovely to deal with. Each time we ring we talk to a real person without having to push a lot of buttons and my husband just received a call after recent surgery offering him a heap of services that are free under this cover. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Aww you're making us blush, Sandy! Thanks so much for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass them on to the lovely Peoplecarers you've spoken to so they know what a positive impact they've made. Take care! - Lauren @ Peoplecare

Paul63
Paul63Central West, NSW

Good but get differing answers with benefit amounts

I recently rang and was told that i would 80% of cost up to $1500 for a sleep apnea machine, only to be told 2 days later no it was only $800 so very disappointed

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi Paul63, we're all about giving our members the correct information so would love to look into this further. Would you mind sending us a private message with your details so we can jump on it. Thanks, Rosita @ Peoplecare

Patricia Bohan
Patricia Bohan

Not clear on othopaedic

Peoplecare really are good

I hate all forms of insurance as the costs are so high. But I've been a member with Peoplecare for 20+ years and always found their service is excellent and premuims extremely competitive, for the cover provided. They are 100% for their members, and not for profit or shareholders. Health insurance makes me sick but Ive compared and found peoplecare are the best of a bad bunch!

Hi ds69,
Thanks so much for the review, and for sticking with us for 20+ years! Here’s to many more :) Take care - Rosita@Peoplecare

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Patronising and unclear

Sir
SirAU

Unbelievably Easy

I never write reviews. But my goodness...download the PeopleCare app onto your phone (takes a second), click submit claim, attach a photo of the receipt, click agree to T&C's, click submit. I can't get over how simple it is!!!
Well done People Care! Just submitted claims this week. Haven't received funds yet.But the process is incredible.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Wow, thanks for such a stellar review, Sir! We're stoked to hear how much you love our easy-peasy app & I hope we keep impressing you well into the future :) Take care! - Lauren @ Peoplecare

Di_1984
Di_1984Sydney

Won't be changing anytime soon

Not Customer Focused
Not Customer Focused

The worst and rude customer service, I feel unwelcome

I joined 10 days ago - no communication or contact. But took the money out in 2 days - still no sign of the policy. When I rand to find out, they were very rude. I moved to another one - now trying to contact for refund but again they are too busy. Unbelievable. Emailed 6 times and tried to call several times. Not cusomer focused - just money minded.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Again no confiramation or communication to inform the cancellation. No refund yet. I,m planning to write my concerns to PHCU

simon
simonAdelaide

Great health fund choice

Have been a member since 2009, I extensively reserached funds at the time and Peoplecare were clearly the best value fund around. Have both hospital and extras cover and never had any issues. Still maintian they are good value as a often review our health cover. Excellent customer service. Recently purchased contact lenses from their online store and great value purchase that was easy and hassle free. Little known fund that is a really good choice for health insurance.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Thanks so much Simon, this is what we love to hear! I hope we can keep wowing you for many years to come. Take care! - Brooke @ Peoplecare

Shari
ShariAdelaide

So far so good :)

I decided to transfer to Peoplecare because they get fabulous customer service reviews and are a members own fund which is important to me. There was a hiccup in the beginning with incorrect payments being taken out - my paperwork said one thing but they took a different amount entirely. I emailed them with my enquiry and their response was prompt, friendly and clearly explained. They made a mistake with the information they sent through on my paperwork and apologised for sending me the incorrect details regarding payments. Initial hiccup aside I am happy to be with them and appreciate that when I do have an enquiry it will be responded to in a prompt and friendly manner :)

Pete
PeteSydney

Service is disappointed, I feel unwelcome

Murphy75
Murphy75AU

Updated Review 2015

I reviewed Peoplecare in 2012 and thought it time to update my review. I shop around every year and am pleased to report they are still 5 stars. This year I've had to phone them twice- both times a human being in Australia answered within 10-15 seconds. The changes I requested were effected immediately and I received written confirmation within 2 days. The customer service person gave a surname on the written confirmation, proof enough for me that their staff remain comfortable in their product knowledge and are willing to be accountable. Their coverage and benefits are good, and I pay only half of my excess if I'm admitted for day surgery. Recommended.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi Murphy75, thanks for this lovely check-in. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it's great to know that you think we've still got it a few years on from your previous review. Here's to a few more! - Lauren @ Peoplecare

Anita
AnitaIllawarra, NSW

Excellent service

Would not be without private health cover and we are very happy with this provider. We can make claims using their simple phone app and payment is prompt. Rebate amounts are generous. we have never had a problem accessing advice on the phone.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi Anita, thanks so much for the stellar review! We pride ourselves on making health insurance easy so we're all stoked to hear that you've found it so. Take care, Lauren @ Peoplecare

OldandWise
OldandWiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

They've lost the plot!

dk308
dk308Brisbane, Queensland

Hefty premium increases and poor customer service

Silverlight20Melbourne

Poor customer service

I sent two emails and even called their contact centre few times in order to get my clearance certificate. Despite all the correspondence I have still not received it and I am very disappointed the manner they handled my enquiry.

Silverlight20

Hi Lauren ; Thank you for following this up. I just received the clearance certificate. Thanks

michael.knight
michael.knightAU

Used to be good until Policy changed 1st July 2013

Peoplecare used to be popular and I labelled them as "fair" "honest" Australian Health Insurance company until they changed their policy 1st July 2013. I took Silver Extras.
It is still good compared to most of major health insurance. Customer service is very helpful. I wish they have the same cover as they did 2 years ago. I am leaving them and move to other insurer. I will use Peoplecare as benchmark and see how it goes.

FleurK
FleurKAU

Great cover-But lacking in Customer Service

Thanks for the kind words, Sunny! :) - Lauren @ Peoplecare

Went from fantastic to mediocre

ozgirl27
ozgirl27Melbourne

Best health fund I've been with so far

I've been with BUPA, and NIB, and now I think I'm going to stick with Peoplecare. I joined PC in June 2012. They have excellent customer service (call up and don't need to wait on hold!!). I have now converted my husband as well so now we have family insurance. Highly recommend. I have the gold extras with the basic private insurance.
Good customer service
I don't use all the extras, wish they could let us have a maximum extras on what we wanted.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi ozgirl27. Thanks so much for the lovely review. Welcome to Peoplecare and we're looking forward to taking good care of you and your hubby for many years to come. Take care, Anita @ Peoplecare

Flawless fund and spreading the word

MisterMerlo