Peoplecare Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Peoplecare Health Insurance

Diane
DianeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Recorded message on call waiting

The policy is relatively good value but while waiting to speak to someone, I kept hearing a message “... that means we treat you as a person not a number”. Simply by repeating this message every 60 seconds, Peoplecare is treating the caller as a number not a name - the direct OPPOSITE to what they profess as their treatment of members and potential members.

Lesley
LesleyAU

Raising premiums and less choices now

Even though customer service is generally good and friendly , really disappointed they have raised premiums again and now have cut further choices of hospital cover. They said the intermediate cover may come back with different benefits. The sad part is we have no say in anything about this regardless of your family or individual situation.

Insurance claim madeNo
Pookie
Pookiewollongong

Good while it lasted - leaving today.

Insurance claim madeYes
Juicy
Juicy

Intravenous Vitamin C (IVC) Drip Infusions

Hi, Vitamin C (IVC)
Does anyone know of a Private Health Insurance fund that covers Intravenous Vitamin C (IVC) Drip Infusions ? Wonderful aid for prevention of colds and flu. I have also found it a marvelous as a energy booster when administered (by Medical Dr.) in high doses of Vitamin C.

Shame,Shame on Govt for NOT providing a Medicare Item No. and Rebate.

Public Hospitals should readily make it available to the public.

Insurance claim madeNo

OldandWiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

They've lost the plot!

Silverlight20Melbourne

Poor customer service

I sent two emails and even called their contact centre few times in order to get my clearance certificate. Despite all the correspondence I have still not received it and I am very disappointed the manner they handled my enquiry.

Silverlight20

Hi Lauren ; Thank you for following this up. I just received the clearance certificate. Thanks

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
michael.knight
michael.knightAU

Used to be good until Policy changed 1st July 2013

Peoplecare used to be popular and I labelled them as "fair" "honest" Australian Health Insurance company until they changed their policy 1st July 2013. I took Silver Extras.
It is still good compared to most of major health insurance. Customer service is very helpful. I wish they have the same cover as they did 2 years ago. I am leaving them and move to other insurer. I will use Peoplecare as benchmark and see how it goes.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Went from fantastic to mediocre

Health Insurance

Find out how Peoplecare Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

disappointed
disappointed

Feel cheated

Chloeasked

If you have had private insurance for years with another company years I mean like 20 years plus do waiting periods apply when joining a new company? Thinking of going with people choice a non for profit company. Im with Medibank and get charged a fortune about $95 a month with 70% back.

EO1
EO1

Depends on the company. I know some companies dont make you sit through the waiting periods again however they do ask for your current details and member number etc to double check.

Chloe

True Im certainly not signing up to a new one then having to wait two or three months to use anything and paying for it!

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi Chloe, thanks for getting in touch!

If you're transferring from another fund, Peoplecare will recognise any waiting periods you've already served if you switch to a similar level of cover within 30 days of leaving the other fund. If you'd like more info, please give us a buzz on 1800 808 708 or we can have one of our customer service experts give you a call and answer any questions you have!

Take care Monique @ Peoplecare

Steve
Steveasked

I am considering changing to your fund - I have been fully insured with my current insurer for over 30 years. We ran into an unexpected problem when they refused to cover tests in Emergency before admission. What is the policy at PeopleCare

Michele
Michele

no idea

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Thanks for getting in touch Steve. Sorry for the late response, we only just came across this one. Most funds don’t pay towards tests in emergency as the hospital considers you as an outpatient until you’re actually admitted as a patient. However, the hospital should be upfront with you about this and the fees involved. I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any more questions. If you’d like more info on our available covers PM us your details and I can have one of our Customer Service Experts contact you, or give us a buzz on 1800 808 700. Take care - Brooke @ Peoplecare

JOHN Gasked

Hi what level of care is hip replacement covered...ty john.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi John! Thanks for getting in touch. Hip replacements are covered under our Premium Hospital cover as a Private Patient in a Private Hospital. You would then also be covered for rehabilitation after your hospital stay. We’d be happy to chat to you further about this to make sure you have all the info you need before joining such as excess, out of pocket expenses and waiting periods.

Please give us a buzz on 1800 808 700 or private message us your details and a time and date that would suit you best and one of our experts would be happy to give you a buzz. Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

0419879381.