2Pepper Money Home Loans

Pepper Money Home Loans (page 2)

Verifiedpeppermoney.com.au
4.2

1,262 reviews · Statistics

81% · 1,022224 · 18%

Loan TypeFixed Rate (85), Variable Rate (399), Line of Credit (8) and Split (13)
Loan used for
  • First Home (100)
  • Second Home (76)
  • Investment Property (71)
  • Renovation (18)
  • Refinancing (165)
  • Home Construction (10)
Loan Term25.39 years
Best Home Loans
See the Best Home Loans in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,262 reviews
Catia M.
Catia M.

Such an amazing product

Everything was so easy Only took minutes great service will do it again Show details ·  1
Ro Ro
Ro Ro

Great personal service

My loan application was rejected by my bank. Pepper stepped up and were able to approve my application same day. My bank makes me feel like I'm just a number, Pepper was caring enough to understand our situation. Show details ·  1
Deanna N
Deanna N

Customer Service is good

Called last week to get information about my mortgage, I’m not very finance savvy and the agent was so patient with me, explaining everything I need to know. Not once did they get bothered with my questions! Thanks Pepper Show details ·  1
Cugel The Clever
Cugel The CleverNSWSydney, NSW10 posts

Very easy to deal with

I have been with pepper now for four years, and found them always very easy to contact and straightforward to deal with.
I can highly recommend. Show reply
Johnoooo
JohnooooNSWSydney, NSW6 posts

Worst lender

If u want terrible customer service and the highest interest rates then this is the lender for u
Mon J
Mon JAU4 posts

Do not waste your time with this loan co

Every single process with Pepper Loans was a major headache and it takes them a whole week to get one simple thing done. Incompetent, slow and basically useless. Very frustrating experience. They even put your cash into the wrong bank account! Do not use them ever. Show details
Mick W.
Mick W.
  Fair Incentive

Thankyou for making a road trip with my daughter fabulous

Great service and easy to deal with .. thankyou Pepper financial... Show details ·  1
Lynette E C.
Lynette E C.

How easy

All done online which makes it so easy
5 stars Pepper money
I’ll be back Show details ·  1
Syed
SyedVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Refinancing

A really helpful team understands the customer situation while the other bank doesn't. Show details ·  1
Tee
TeeQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Terrible rates, user functionality, service, refinancing and still uses paper

Pepper loans added an amount to our pay out figure - an additional $1,400, this amount changed on the day of settlement/ refinance and we had to top up more money. Pepper money does not show loan statements in the online portal , you have to call to request and usually they send you a blank one. we had to call 7 times. They are the worst lender out there at the moment AND THEY OFFER A 40YEAR MORTGAGE! PLEASE DO NOT USE PEPPER MONEY NO MATTER YOUR SITUATION. Show details
Ben Millard
Ben Millard3 posts

Be very careful with Pepper Money

We have refinanced our loan with another lender with a lot lower interest rate then pepper who are one of if not the highest, they have continued to delay the settlement process like nothing we have every seen or our new lender. So be very aware that once you have a loan with pepper they will use every trick in their power to try and drain every penny they can. I have raised a complaint with the CFPB I will also be taking the matter up with my state and federal members. The way they do business is wrong and they treat their customers poorly and obstruct any attempt to get a better deal which in the current climate is not very hard. Show details
tanya f.
tanya f.QLDNorth Queensland, QLD2 posts

I have received great service so far, just one downside the car salespeople signed me up and gave me that paperwork but if I didn't ring Pepper money wanting some information, I never would of had any communication with them. An introduction email would of been good, letting me know how to get statements and whatnot. Show details ·  3
John D
John DNSWSydney, NSW9 posts

They received the Discharge Form 3 months ago but insisted on not receiving it. Liar!

They lie and procrastinate my refinancing.

Here is another lie by Pepper.
"Thank you for reaching out - I have left a voice message for you to call and discuss the discharge of your loan. You can reach us on 137 377.
Kind regards,
Natalie"

They never called me or left a message.

I will report to NSW Fair Trading
Loan ID : 1262748 Show details

Phil Dixon
Phil DixonVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Great

Easy to deal with and not harassing
But they do not tell you that a late fee has made you in arrears on your file and therefore screws up your credit rating month after month unless you notice it yourself Show details ·  3
Adam N.
Adam N.NSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Absolutely disgusting! Terrible. AVOID Pepper Money at all costs!!

Terrible experience. Submitted Discharge request to Pepper Money back on 28/03/2023 and they keep pushing the settlement back! It is now 26/04/2023 and settlement keeps being pushed back for no apparent reason. Tried to speak with everyone at Pepper to no avail.

About to lodge my complaint with AFCA and initiate legal proceedings. I have no doubt that Pepper Money are intentionally delaying the discharge process and frustrating me in order to obtain further interest at exorbitant amounts.

Pepper Money is keeping my title to my property hostage! Do not deal with this mob and avoid at all costs!!! I have experienced a significant loss now as a result of the delays!

Loan ID is 1272224.

Adam

Queen B.
Queen B.WAKimberley, WA2 posts

Pepper loans pathetic

Couldn’t even get a letter from them as we where in financial difficulties to say we were struggling. Not in arrears but struggling each month. Was too hard for them. Would say thanks [Name Removed] and supervisor [Name Removed] but No they were not interested in helping us. Was pretty pathetic talking to [Name Removed], which I let him know. Once they get you they DO NOT CARE!!!! Try your hardest to go with another home loan team. Not PEPPER. Use and abuse!!! 2 loans with them now we are looking for another lender.. Will never go back!!!! Show details

Rachel
Rachel

Terrible communication, nil resolution

Went to sell my car and found that pepper money had placed a security interest hold on my car.
Contacted them and was told there was no record of me ever applying through pepper money and no record of my car and to email them. Have emailed and called multiple times with no response or resolution. Am currently unable to continue with the sale of my car and they just keep telling me to send an email.
Attempted to call again today only to be told to send another email and then hung up on.
Con
Con

Pathetic Service

Consistently raise rates above RBA increases even though they charge a higher rate anyway.
Terrible sometimes arrogant and rude customer service.
When you can finally leave this predatory lender, they then deliberately stall discharging your loan and fail to meet agreed settlement dates to wring every last cent out of you that they can.
Ive never dealt with a business that treats its customers as poorly as Pepper. Show details
trent
trentWAPerth, WA3 posts

Scammers

These guys have exorbitant fees to start with so be mindful of that. If you pay your account off they will also continue to take money out. If you want that money back they will make you jump through hoops. Still waiting on a refund. Staff very unhelpful and as I'm no interest to them anymore the feel they can just fob me off Show details
Ali.M
Ali.MQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this company

If you are looking for a loan company do NOT go with pepper money. I have spent days trying to get through to them and when I do I get spoken to very rudely and transferred on put on hold for long periods of time. The rates are not competitive and overall the service is horrible, they are a company who is only out to make money and not help or communicate with it's customers. Show details
Bevin
Bevin

Excellent service

Everything I've asked for so far I've got, they helped me out when I needed it when no one else would, I woukd have no dramas going back to them again. Show details ·  1
Katy
KatyNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Not happy with your interest rates , can’t survive

Interest rates are to high for me to live , can I refinance with you or can I refinance with a bank that has lower interest rates, And does it cost me money to refinance with you or leave you , thanks
Pepper Money   DM

Hi Katy, Thanks for reaching out to us - if you're happy to provide your loan id and contact details via private message, we'll arrange for a representative to contact you to discuss options that may be available to you.
Kind regards,
Natalie

VinhT
VinhTNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Highest interest rate homeloan - Beware

I had been with Pepper since 2016, they have a tendency to raise interest rate higher than RBA and if RBA lower the interest rate then they did not pass it on 100%. Since May 2022 the RBA raised interest rate by 3.25% total and Pepper raised it by 3.65% total ,there is a big gap of 0.4% higher.
It is very greedy. It is careless for the long time loyal customer. Show details
Andrew Savage
Andrew Savage2 posts

Easy no fuss loan approval

I’m a returning customer and with the help of my broker was able to achieve another successful transaction Show details ·  1
Sudharshan Bandaragodage
Sudharshan BandaragodageVictoria

Excellent service

Excellent service and prompt action on every stage and quick process. Show reply
CJL
CJLQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Will not offer competitive rates

Tried to obtain better internet rate due to proper being higher than most. Interest rate roses have been 0.25 yet pepper over the last interest rate rises (8) have put them up 0.29%. Just plain greedy and resulted in higher interest rates. They do not care at all if you go and will not offer you any better interest rate to keep you. Results in devalued customer and no reward for being good customer. Absolutely pathetic. Will offer you to refinance instead what a joke! Show details

Karen H.
Karen H.

Definitely not helpful

Been with them on our home loan for 5 years. Just keep ripping us off. Be careful Show details
Amelia D.
Amelia D.NSWSydney, NSW

Great lending criteria

Weve used pepper to get our foot in the door for both our family home and investments. They have a very reasonable lending criteria and also friendly service Show details ·  1
Vee
Vee

Ray
Ray

Seamless Home Loan Process

Received a call within 24 hours after settlement to setup loan and offset accounts. Great customer service and product knowledge. Better service than the big 4, competitive rates is a plus. Simply outstanding !!!! Show details ·  1
Momof2
Momof22 posts

Help with Interest Rate reduction

Customer Service has always been so helpful. Easy to talk to and very friendly. I have talked to 2 representatives. First was [Name Removed], who helped us with our Online query and she's so knowledgeable at her profession. Second was [Name Removed], who helped us in our current Interest Rate. He helped us reduce our Interest Rate, which is very helpful for our family. 100% recommend because of ease of Customer Service support. Thank you so much [Name Removed]! Show details ·  1
RRB
RRBQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Unethical

Continuously raising their interest rates above the RBA’s, almost as if to deliberately cause more financial stress to their borrowers... What is the point of this? Is it a deliberate tactic to stop borrowers from being able to refinance across to reputable lenders? Be careful, be very careful with non bank lenders because the ethics are just not there. Show details
Rajeewa
RajeewaVictoria

NOAH park is perfect

VIC [Name Removed] help me to completed the job and he's wark perfect, and this man went out side of his time and help me, Show reply
Dave
DaveWAPerth, WA

Awesome to deal with

Awesome to deal with and extremely easy process highly recommended Show details ·  1
Chris
ChrisVictoria

Helpful & Friendly

I contacted Pepper Money to review my home loan interest rate. The staff were very helpful and the issue was discussed with a fabulous outcome. I have been a customer for 2 years and am very happy with the customer service received. Our discussion and outcome was immediately confirmed via email, which is so refreshing. Most companies do not do this, or it takes weeks. I would have no hesitation in recommending Pepper Money to assist you with your financial needs. Show details ·  1
Victor Smith
Victor SmithWAPerth, WA

Dreadful

Very difficult to deal with because they lack effective means of communication. In our case there was NO response to our complaints until we contacted AFCA. Lots of our time wasted. Very frustrating and ultimately disappointed in our mortgage broker for recommending these crooks. Show details

Sanela Pasagic
Sanela PasagicQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent !!!

Excellent customer service !!! It is totally refreshing to be able to talk with a real person and have a professional and efficient customer support. Thank you so much Pepper Money for choosing the way you operate. Show details ·  1
Michael
Michael
  Fair Incentive

Easy to deal with and easy to manage

Friendly customer service, easy to get issues resolved and simple to manage accounts. Show details ·  1
Nihal Y.
Nihal Y.2 posts

I found Pepper to be honest and easy to deal with Show details ·  1
Mark and Kelly Davis
Mark and Kelly DavisNSWHunter Region, NSW

We have had a great experience with Pepper Money! Marie was fantastic, giving us wonderful support and communication from start to finish.
Everything was easy and quick. Thank you! Show details ·  1