Perma Child Safety Retractable Gate

Perma Child Safety Retractable Gate

See the Best Safety Gates in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This gate locks open!! but not closed??

I’m confused... the gate has a locking mechanism that must be released to close the gate. But there is no locking mechanism to keep the gate closed?? I thought the idea of a safety gate was to ensure a child could not open it. Additionally, two free hands are required to release the lock and pull the gate out. I’m glad I use this for dogs and not children.

mo27

mo27AU

The best child safety gate in the market

we have used this gate for over 3 years and it has survived two boys hanging on it and pushing it for the entire period. It retracts in a neat and easy to use system. At no stage did it ever fail and it has always kept our kids safe. I would highly recommend this product

Extremely dangerous

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. My one year old toddler only has to lean on it or tug at it very lightly and it dangerously retracts back at a very high speed. I can't believe it's still on the market as it's very dangerous for young children and babies.

LBP

LBPMelbourne

Did not hold up to children

This gate is great in theory and worked really well as a visual deterant but did not stand up to the pressure of three boys. Whilst the baby couldn't get past it he did manage to stretch it out, the oldest simply crawled under it and the toddler ran right through it damaging it irreparably.
Unfortunately after contacting the company to see if a replacement part was available I was only offered a second hand replacement for $40. Given that the gate is brand new, only a month old, $60 out the window and already destroyed I have declined their offer.