Pet Insurance Australia Accident Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Accident Cover

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (2) · 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Bradley S.Mid North Coast, NSW

WARNING Do not insure with 'Pet Insurance Australia' they WILL slither out of paying like a snake in the grass.

I Insured with them for 'Unexpected veterinary expenses' and they will not pay up.
I've payed hard earned money to do the right thing for my beloved dog when she ends up in the vet to listen to 'Pet Insurance Australia' tell me that this claim is a grey area and they will not pay.
I now have to take my case to 'AFCA' Australian Financial Complaints Authority for them to get the money out of them.
They have very poor communications also to over seas call centre.
AFCA gave me a number for the Sydney office of 'Pet Insure' which is there underlying insured and they wanted nothing to do with it transferring me back to the call centre.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

PI09471834
Ive spoken to both repeatedly and I keep getting passed around.
AFCA warned me that you will try to give me the run around so they gave me the number for your under lying insured Pet Sure.
They have assured me that I have a case.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Bradley. A head supervisor will be in contact shortly. Have a lovely day.

Jocelyn

JocelynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service. Too expensive.

Hello I called earlier today to cancel this policy and I was told I will get a call back to complete the process. I did Not get a call back. Can you please cancel this policy asap and confirm with reply once done. Thank you

Claim MadeNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Jocelyn, I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with trying to cancel your policy. Do you have your policy number handy and I'll have someone reach out asap. Thanks, have a great day.

Sadaf

SadafSydney, NSW

Peace of mind!

With the experience I had with PIA after the last accident happened to my lab I felt that my policy was really good value! We've been with PIA since my puppy was 4 months old, Feb 2019.

Claim DateAugust 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Sadaf for your kind words. I hope your precious Lab is doing well. Have a wonderful day.

Hayley Fitzpatrick

Hayley FitzpatrickChapman 2611, ACT

Super easy and quick claim

Im so glad that I purchased accident insurance for my rescue greys. A small skin tear cost me $1300. I received 80% back within days of emailing in my claim. Super happy.

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Hayley for sharing your PIA experience. I hope your precious Grey made a full recovery and is doing well? Have a lovely week.

Margaret

MargaretSydney Surrounds, NSW

I'm glad we took out insurance

Adopting a puppy we didn't know what to expect and took out accident insurance just in case... I'm glad we did. Despite a wrong start, everything was handled quickly, smoothly.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Margaret for sharing your PIA experience. I hope your puppy is doing well? Have a great day.

TrishBrisbane

413% policy inflation in one year.... really?

I have been with PIA since Jed was 8wks old. Initially I had comprehensive cover but with the premiums rising at least $200 annually, I had to bump it back to Accident Only. Just received my annual renewal for Accidental Cover (only) for my 4yo dog. Last year I paid $172. This years renewal came in at $711!!! I called the call centre to check if it was a mistake. It seems I'm the only one that thinks an increase of that amount in one year is ridiculous. Have made no accident claims. Cancelling the policy.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Trish. I'd like to get a supervisor to take a look at this for you. Can you please provide me with your policy number and i'll get a team member to reach out asap. Thanks, have a great day.

Trish

Received a call from PIA to tell me there had been an error in my renewal and it has now been adjusted. Thank-you to the lovely [so sorry I've forgotten your name] for sorting it out. Great costumer service right there.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Trish. That's wonderful news. Have a great day.

Recent ongoing claim

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Rosebud, thanks for taking the time to review PIA. I'll be sure to pass over your comments to management. Would you like me to have a supervisor make contact to put your faith back into our service? Thanks, have a great day.

CamMelbourne

Absolute Garbage

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Cam. Firstly i'm so sorry to hear of your dog's injury and I do hope they are doing well. Can I please grab your policy number and i'll have a supervisor make contact and take a look into this for you. Thanks, have a lovely day.

Brad

BradBrisbane

Good outcomes so far

Policy premiums are the best we could find.
Only had to lodge 1 claim so far and, although it took quite a while to resolve, in the end we were satisfied and greatly appreciate of the outcome.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Brad for sharing your thoughts on PIA and your claim process. Have a great day.

Bella

BellaQueensland, 4036

Provides Peace of Mind in an Otherwise Stressful Situation

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Bella for sharing your PIA story. I hope Tiger has made a full recovery. I'll be sure to share your lovely words with the hardworking pet loving team. Have a great day.

Laura and Missy

Laura and MissyAdelaide

So Easy and Quick!

I had pet insurance with my beloved Labrador through a separate company. When he turned 10, they refused to cover him anymore. $5000 in vet bills later, he passed away at 13 (I am still in debt from this). I am on a pension, and cannot afford to be hit with massive bills. I decided to look into pet insurance for my new rescue furbaby, Missy, and was pleasantly surprised with how easy and cheap it is! I can now rest easy knowing she's covered! Thank you

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Laura and Missy for taking the time to share your story. Have a lovely day.

Money well spent

I got accident cover for my dog because she is clumsy. A few weeks later she cut her foot we had to take her back 3 times to get the wound cleaned and re-bandaged. I put the claim in after the last visit and within a week I had the money in my bank account. Very efficient and no troubles.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks for taking the time to review our efficient services Hannah. I hope your precious girl has made a full recovery. Have a fantastic afternoon.

A little annoying

We placed in the information supplied by the VET in our claim. After 2 weeks we were told by Pet Insurance Australia that there was insufficient info to process the claim. I don't understand why the insurance company can't be bother to ask the VET to clarify the info rather than go via us, who have no veterinary knowledge or ability to explain the condition in a professional manner. As it stands, we are a close to a month in and no closer to an answer.

The registration process online is also unnecessarily complicated. PET Insurance need to take a good hard look at themselves.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Mal, sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your policy number and i'll have a supervisor contact you asap to have this resolved. review@petinsuranceaustralia.com.au thanks. Have a great weekend.

Stef

StefMelbourne

Good and affordable!

I have had my dogs pet insurance with PIA for the past few years and it's very reasonably priced which is great for basic accident cover. We constantly get updates which is great and I love how I can create a profile on the PIA website for Choko (my dog). Unfortunately though Choko recently had to have a tooth removed & also his regular vaccination but PIA don't cover any of these costs, as I was made aware by the customer service rep. Which is a little disappointing as it stated vet costs are covered to a certain amount. We won't be switching but it's nice to get a reward or get recognised for being a loyal customer.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Stef. Thanks for your honest comments. I'll be sure to pass this on to the team at PIA. Have a wonderful day.

Good Service

I have to be honest, I've always been dubious about insurance companies but to be honest PIA has eased a lot of my concerns, for instance I didn't have to get my boy put down as we knew that we would be reimbursed and I only have accident cover. No hidden agenda with this company. Thank you so much PIA!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thank you for such wonderful feedback. Have a lovely day.

Amy

Amy

Impressed!

Less than two weeks after I signed up for accident cover, my dog was stung by 7 bees and had an anaphylactic reaction. She ended up in hospital fighting for her life. I was so impressed by the service I received by PIA staff on the phones. Part of my claim was processed within a week and they has some questions about the second part. Once those were addressed, the total claim was sorted within a couple of weeks. All of my dealings with PIA have been great. I would recommend PIA for sure.
Professional, courteous, inexpensive
Too much paperwork sent out - should switch to e-comms.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews