Pet Insurance Australia Pet Essentials

Pet Insurance Australia Pet Essentials

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (8)
    • 1-2 weeks (11)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (21) · No (1)

Brad Jenkinson

Brad JenkinsonSydney, NSW

It's always easy and fast to claim with Pet Insurance Australia. I'm taking care of a very ill cat, and the last thing I want to do is mess about with administrative problems when I'm sitting in the emergency department with him, so PIA have helped me keep focused on what matters the most. Thanks so much guys - I can't tell you how much I've appreciated your support...

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateDecember 2020

Not recommended

PIA seems to require more documentation than other insurers which makes their claim process slower than it should be. Both items I have claimed took almost 3 months to pay out.
I had my cat also insured with PIA but cancelled it as I wasnt satisfied with their service, but PIA deducted (and later refunded) the cost (approx. $600) anyway.
I do not recommend.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great claim process

This was the quickest turnaround of any insurance claim I've ever lodged! Pet Insurance Australia handled our claim very efficiently and left us feeling we had definitely chosen the right insurer for our gorgeous puppy.

Claim DateOctober 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Alex for your review. I hope your puppy is doing well? Have a great day.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Pet Essentials compares to other Pet Insurance

taminga16

taminga16Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent claims process

I changed my pet insurance to PIA from another provider about 4 years ago. Since then my crazy border collie has required multiple vet visits for different injuries and illnesses. Providing his past medical history was easy and although some claims were ineligible, I have been gratified by the level of cover he has received. The claims process is easy, quick and you are kept up to date with the progress of the claim. We are having a new puppy join the family in a month or so and she will be signed up for PIA insurance as well.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, taminga16 for your feedback on PIA. I hope your Border Collie is doing well and a big congrats on your new furry family member! Very exciting. Have a wonderful day.

The best cover for your PET

I've had nothing but a smooth and easy experience with PET insurance Aus! I really appreciate their help and how easy they make the claim process. Highly recommend. Thanks again to all the team at PET Insurance Australia!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jayde for your review and high recommendation. I'll be sure to share your thanks with the whole team. Have a fantastic day.

So easy and reliable!

PIA is great value. It was extremely easy to set up, customer service are prompt and submitting a claim is SO EASY! We got our claim back within a few days!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Christel for sharing your PIA experience on Product Review, and the adorable picture of your furbabe! Certainly brightened our Monday morning. Have a great week.

Geoff H.

Geoff H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Peace of mind and claim resolved very quickly

Kirsty M.

Kirsty M.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent value and service

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kristy for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. I hope Tank is doing well. I'll be sure to pass over this lovely comment to our team. Have a wonderful day.

LNR

LNRRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent Service

Easy to submit claim. Quick approval - reimbursement was back in my account within 5 days of submission.
Couldn’t ask for a simpler process.
Thank you Pet Insurance Australia. Great service. LR

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks LNR for your feedback on PIA. Have a great week.

Sonia

SoniaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely happy

Good value very easy to open the online account and very reliable support whe the time to make a claim arrived.
The Petinsurance team has been very efficient in their assistance.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Sonia for your review and for sharing your PIA experience. I'll be sure to pass this over to the hard-working team. Have a great week.

K Jenkins

K JenkinsPerth, WA

Extremely Happy

My Dachshund George had had 2 serious problems in the last 6 months, thank goodness I had insurance with PIA. The claim process was very simple and I was very happy with the amounts I received back. I have been with PIA since I got George 6 years ago and have never had any problems at all.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Claim DateJuly 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, K Jenkins for posting your feedback on PIA. I hope George is doing well. Have a great week.

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommend

My 4 year old beagle got ill with gastro and had to spend some time in hospital .. I was terribly worried about my baby boy but I knew he was in good hands and I knew that I had pet insurance with PIA so money would not be an issue as from experience they would look after us . Our vet put the claim in on our behalf which was a huge help as well . I highly recommend pet insurance Australia.

Claim DateMay 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lisa for your high recommendation and review. I hope your precious Beagle is doing well.

Ang

Ang

Exceptional service.

My Bulldog Bambam is always getting into mischief. She has had 2 operations within a month . I’ve had several questions for PIA which have been answered promptly and the staff have always been very compassionate which is so nice.
The turn around for when I submit my claims to when I get my refund is also very quick. I have been with PIA for over 15 years, I highly recommend them and wouldn’t be without them.

Claim MadeNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Ang for your wonderful loyalty and kind words. I'll be sure to share this with the pet-loving team at PIA. Have a great day.

Katelyn G.

Katelyn G.Hobart, TAS

Fast & Simple

Our big boy Louie was rushed to emergency late Sunday night with what they thought was an obstruction, he went in for emergency surgery at about 10 pm on that Sunday night. It was a rough night for all involved but turns out he had a serious case of gastro, and has fortunately made a full recovery.

PIA were so amazing to deal with in such a stressful time, our vets were actually able to put the claim in on our behalf, and only a week later we got our benefits in the account (which was not a small amount, over $3000)

I couldn't recommend PIA high enough for making an emergency claim so easy and stress free. Great work!!

Claim DateMay 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Katelyn for taking the time to post Louie's PIA experience. I hope he's feeling much better. Sending him a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great week.

duckconcerto

duckconcerto

Highly recommend

When we adopted a boisterous male dog we looked into pet insurance (accident) for the first time. PIA were by far the cheapest - in fact, when I reviewed the premium after the first year they were still the best, even after other companies applied a 30% discount. So I was somewhat apprehensive when we did need to make a claim, wondering if low premiums meant poor service. Happily, the claim process was incredibly easy and straightforward and our claim was approved very quickly. I can highly recommend PIA based on our experiences.

Claim DateApril 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Duckconcerto for your high recommendation and review. I'll be sure to pass this over to the pet-loving PIA team. Have a great day.

Anonymous

AnonymousGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Alfie

Well done. Alfie was bitten by a bee. Our claim for emergency care was processed promptly and the communication with us was excellent. Very happy with the service. Regards. Greg

Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

I hope you are feeling better now Alfie? Those bees can certainly leave you feeling swollen and very very sore. The whole team at PIA sends you a big cuddle. Thanks for taking the time to share Alfie's story Greg, have a wonderful week.

BrettGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bit of a drama to claim and insurance premium skyrocketed right after claim.

Claim process was messy. It was back and forth between insurance company who not only messed us about at a very stressful time, but also messed the emergency hospital about on the phone (after insurers asked the emergency department to call them to supply information).

Once it was all approved, our premium was increased by 43%.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Brett

Policy number is included in my review

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Brett, I'm really sorry but I can't see any policy number in the above review? If you can provide this number I'll be able to get someone to help asap. Thanks, have a lovely day.

Incredible value

My dog Pepita was injured in a car accident and as well as nearly dying she almost lost her hind leg. Thanks to teh cover with PIA we were able to not only save her life but manage to salvage the use of her leg. If we didn't have the cover we would have not been able to give her teh second chance she has!

Claim DateNovember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Andy for sharing your PIA experience. It's so nice to hear how much of a difference our insurance made during a very scary and uncertain time. I hope Pepita is doing well. Sending her a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great weekend.

Shell64

Shell64Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very smooth and easy claim process

Portal easy to make claim . Money came through quickly. Recommend for price and service. I looked around and found this company to be the cheapest and accident includes cruciate ligament surgery. We used it this time for an accident my lab had

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Shell64 for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your lovely Lab is doing well? Have a great day.

Jenny

JennySouthwest, VIC

Great Service Quick Payment

We have had Insurance with PIA for three years now and each of our dealings with them for our Staffy having accidents has been excellent. Payments have arrived within 1 - 2 weeks after I have forwarded my claim. Cannot fault we are very happy

Claim DateNovember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jenny for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews