Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover

2 questions from our users

Melissa88

Melissa88asked

Comprehensive Cover

Your PDS states IVDD is covered by illness cover, not just accidental. It stipulates that the illness portion of the cover must be listed on the Certificate of Insurance, but my certificate just has the cover name (Comprehensive cover) which IS for accidents and illness.
Without referring me back to the PDS (which hasn’t answered my question) is IVDD covered with your comprehensive cover? Thankfully it isn’t an issue for my pup, but before I renew my insurance I would love a clear answer.

Pet Insurance Australia
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Melissa, yes IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease) is generally coverable under the illness portion of the policy. As long as your precious pup has shown no signs or symptoms prior to your policy starting. I hope this has been of some help. Have a great day.

Fiona

Fionaasked

Comprehensive Cover

I have the Comprehensive cover for my Dachshund since the beginning of February 2019 and I wanted to know if IVDD is covered if my dog has not shown any signs prior commencement or recently?

Princess
Princess

Hi Fiona just call them and ask them..

Pet Insurance Australia
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Fiona. IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease) is generally coverable under the illness portion of the policy.

The policy does not cover any Pre-existing conditions prior to the policy commencement or any signs or symptoms that have occurred during the Waiting period.

IVDD (intervertebral disc disease) is also excluded on any accidental injury cover (so make sure you read the PDS and ensure you understand exactly what your precious pups are covered for and what your policy allows - you can find this here - https://www.petinsuranceaustralia.com.au/important-notices/

PIA's assessment of known issues with specific breeds (e.g. bad backs) are taken into account in the premium calculation. IVDD is covered in our Major Medical Policy. Hope this helps.

See all Pet Insurance Australia questions