Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

3.9

gweginoz

gweginozAdelaide

Great insurance product; fits our needs perfectly!

We’re very happy with our major medical plan; and very lucky to have taken it when we got our cat: she was diagnosed with a chronic condition that would have ended costing us an awful lot of money.
PIA customer service people are kind, process claims fast, answer all your questions and so far have been very honest dealing with our numerous invoices (no arguing). I could not think of not having pet insurance, now and in the future, and PIA are great!

Claim DateJune 2020
CAROL ISHAC

CAROL ISHACSydney, NSW

Great value

Yes the policy was of great value for money. I submitted two 3 claims between the period May-June 20. My claims were processed with ease and in a timely manner.

Claim DateMay 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Carol for taking the time to submit a review. Have a great week.

Rip off!!

Was able to get some money back from a claim but not all of it. Had ridiculous policies like they’d cover surgery but not the blood test you need to have before surgery. Tried to leave, because we made 1 claim for 1 of our dogs(that we only got some money for) we had to continue paying for 6 months to finish the policy, without cover for that dog. Then the other dog who has had no claims should of been able to have no claims refund but then they decided that we couldn’t have that because we had been paying weekly not annually.

Waste of money!! Make a seperate bank account and save yourself. Pet insurance is the biggest Joke ever!!! Read terms and conditions very carefully!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi JKL I'm sorry to hear of your upset over your claims and i'd like to have a supervisor take a look into the account. Do you have your old policy number handy and I can pop you in contact with someone asap. Thanks, have a lovely week.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Larree W.

Larree W.

Tiger Snake ...Jack Russell

Our Jack Russell was bitten by a tiger snake..
We rang the vet as we are not in a town they were to meet us there where they administered snake anti venine
Thanks to the vet and their diligence they saved her a few days in intensive care...she finally came home skinny but alive as snake bite takes their mussell
I put a claim with Pet Insurance in via email when I received the large bill from the vet ...the claim with Pet Insurance was delt with swiftly
I would highly recommended Pet Insurance as we have 2dogs ,as I felt it is good value and the people that work are very helpful
And we have been with Pet Insurance 5 years

Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Larree for sharing your experience with PIA. I hope your precious Jack Russell is doing well and has made a full recovery? Have a wonderful week.

Great Value for Money and fast response.

The policy is of good value.
The Self service is nice and my Vet and Hospital managed the claims for me which was easy.
I have been with the insurance for 8 years.

Claim DateApril 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks B Naim for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

April Z.

April Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worse

when i sign up the webIt said effective from 8th Maythey refuse to claim for placing the condition on 9th May with waiting periodit's like misleading advertising. I really regret choosing this insurance

Claim MadeNo
NATASHA

NATASHAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy process to set up but claims process a bit disappointing

Claim ApprovedNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Natasha, I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with our claims process and I'd love to put you in contact with a supervisor who can help. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have someone reach out asap. Thanks, have a nice weekend.

No surprises in my claim process, simple and efficient.

It took approx. 2-3 weeks for the claim to be processed.
The claim receipt had all detailsed explained with full amount that I paid and claimable amount.
PIA makes pet insurance a simple, hassle free protection for my pet and I.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Polly for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. Have a wonderful weekend.

Di N.

Di N.Western Australia

Brilliant Service / Quick Process

Each & every time PIA has processed our claim very quickly, within days and refunds in our bank account in under a week. Cannot ask for better service or insurance cover.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Di N for taking the time to post your PIA experience. Have a great day.

Bertha

Bertha

Good coverage / easy process

Good coverage and easy process to follow to get the benefit. Just a couple of emails, calls or follow ups in the vet office aloud to get paid in 7 days tops.

Claim DateDecember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bertha for your review. Have a wonderful day.

John O

John OGippsland, VIC

PIA is a must especially when you live in rural victoria

We have been with PIA now for 2 years ,December 2019 millie one of our cats was snake bitten she spent 3 weeks at the vet who lodged our claim to PIA the claim was processed within 5days . 3 weeks later max got bitten by a snake again a 3 week stay at the vet again the vet lodged the claim to PIA and once again it was settled within 5 days so cannot praise PIA enough.

Claim DateDecember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, John for sharing your experience on Product Review. I hope your Max and Millie are doing well after their snake encounters, it must have been a very scary time for you all? Have a lovely day.

Kristy

KristySydney, NSW

Prompt & Easy!

When my dog had surgery to remove a toe, I submitted the invoices and paperwork online and within days our rebate was paid. No questions & no issues.
We have now been with PIA for a few years and would highly recommend them to any pet owner. Problems arise and it’s good to know that you are covered for any issue - major or minor....

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kristy for taking the time to share your PIA story. I hope your dog made a full recovery from their surgery and is doing well? Have a great week.

CBENNETT

CBENNETTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

YEARS and YEARS paying THOUSANDS and RIPPED OFF

Pet Insurance Australia.....(PIA)
It is a farce that you charge excess per condition especially necessary euthanasia. I never knew that after paying you mob THOUSANDS of dollars, YES thousands for 3 dogs that when my best mate had to go to sleep I got hooked for another $200. At a minimum excess should be waved for long term customers when euthanasia is required. I will be "outing" you lot on Social Media because I believe that most of your very loyal customers such as myself dont realise your clever wording is per condition.....HIGHWAY ROBBERY. February will be my last month with you muppets, im taking my hard earned dollar elsewhere

Number of Pets3 pets

Spinal surgery - quick reimbursement

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Marija for sharing your PIA story. Sending Pockets a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a wonderful day.

Esty

EstySydney Surrounds, NSW

They really care about our pets

Our pets recently arrived from overseas and I selected PIA for medical cover. Our one dog developed cruciate ligament problems within 4 months of arriving in Australia. Fortunately I had paid for the cruciate ligament checks and had a waiting period waiver on file, nevertheless on a quote of 8000 dollars for a bilateral surgery, we were grateful that PIA approved the surgery as they could have asked us to do one at a time over two years. This would have meant two surgeries and recovery periods. Our pet is recovering nicely and I just want to thank PIA for the professional caring service. You guys rock!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Esty for your taking the time to share your PIA experience. I hope your dog is doing well after surgery. I'll be sure to share your lovely comments with the team. Have a super day.

Steer clear

Extremely poor service. Would not recommend to anyone at all ever. Steer clear. I would never sign up to this insurance again. What a complete waste of time and money.

Claim MadeNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Pie. I'm really sorry to hear of your thoughts with PIA and I'd love to help resolve this. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have a senior supervisor reach out asap. Thanks, have a great day.

PIA is a godsend!

I have been with PIA for my staffy for about 5 years and have made numerous claims as my dog ended having a lot of health issues. PIA makes it super easy to lodge a claim and is so prompt with paying my claims. Makes it extremely stress free. Thank you PIA! I would be in a world of financial stress without you.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Annabella for your review. I hope your precious Staffy is doing well. Have a fantastic week.

So glad to have this cover

My dog has had two cruciate ligament tears (back left knee and back right knee) in the last couple of years. In both cases, the claim was paid within a few weeks and covered a significant amount of my quite large vert surgery bills!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Cliff for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your dog has made a full recovery from their cruciate ligament treatments. It's great to know PIA was able to take a little of the stress away during this time. Have a wonderful day.

Sonya R.

Sonya R.Northeast, VIC

So glad to have this cover

We have had this Policy since our Staffy was 4 months old. He is 8yrs now and recently a large lump appeared on his Left Shoulder, whilst his Left Back Leg started to present painful! This company have been amazing to deal with even advising me of Pre-Authorisation forms the vet could fill out for pending surgery to see if we were covered. Having his surgery we now know we will get 80% back. Wonderful, I could not recommend them highly enough.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Sonya for sharing your Pet Insurance Australia experience and your high recommendation. I hope your precious Staffy has made a full recovery from surgery. Have a lovely day.

Quick claim

Recently my dog is diagnosed SA, a skin issue cause by immune system. I claimed the biopsy test and also the capsules for my dog. However, the fortnightly payment goes up little bit, hope it won't goes up too much for the next policy year.

Claim DateOctober 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Gina, thanks for taking the time to review PIA. Would you like me to have a policy expert reach out in regards to your premium? If I can just please grab your policy number I can get someone to make contact asap. Thanks, have a wonderful day.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews