Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (23), 1-2 weeks (20), 2-4 weeks (5), 1-2 months (5) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (52) · No (3)

Great company

Very happy with the service pet insurance Australia provides. Claim process is super quick and easy! Annual premium is competitively priced. Read the PDS and understand exactly what you are and are not covered for before choosing any insurance product that way you will not be disappointed.

Claim DateNovember 2020
craig m.

craig m.Western District, VIC

Extremely Happy

PIA is fantastic and easy to deal with. After our pointer had surgery on a hind leg all we had to do was inform the Vet of his Policy number and PIA processed the claim promptly allowing us to care for him and get him back up and running again.
Well and truly worth it.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Craig for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. I hope your precious Pointer is doing well after their surgery? Have a wonderful week.

KarinSouthern and Hills, SA

Happy

I do feel the policy is good value and was easy to set up.
Lodging a claim is easy but !! if anything is missing they send you out a letter in the mail and I never receive their mail. I did for the first 2 claims, but have never received anything since. So you need to be on the ball otherwise you may miss out on being paid. I have had insurance for 15mths

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Karin for your feedback. I'd like to take a look into your account to ensure we have your email address set in for correspondence. Can I please have your policy number? Thanks, have a great day.

PI10908371

Karin

My residential address is 294 Nunn rd Myponga but my postal address is PO BOX 23 Myponga 5202 SA

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

The biggest crooks in the pet insurance

Claim MadeNo
Shannon M.

Shannon M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

10+ yrs and no problems or rejected claims

I've used this company for 4 different pets over 10 years. The online claim process is easy and convenient. The process has a quick turn around and I have been happy with the outcome of every claim.
The only downside is the price. The increase in premiums from year to year is unbelievable but I believe this is true for all pet insurance available in Australia. The industry itself needs to be overhauled.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

KevinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Called to check up on my policy,

Apparently I cant change my excess level because I have made one $30 claim. And the consultant also said that every time I renew my pet insurance every year there is a 30 day waiting period again?

However Liana called me back and helped me understand everything.

I’ll be staying with this company due to her and the level of care I have received

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Kevin, I'm sorry to hear of this and I'd like to pop you in touch with a supervisor asap to get this resolved. Can I please have your policy number? Thanks, have a lovely day.

PI11920212

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kevin, a supervisor will be in touch soon. Please let me know if you have any problems. Have a lovely day.

Iris

IrisSA, 5290

Gives peace of mind

I have been with Pet Insurance for many years, and they settle claims as soon as they can. Just recently my little dog had to have an operation, and his claim was settled quickly and smoothly.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Iris for taking the time to post your PIA experience on Product Review. I hope your little dog is doing well and has made a full recovery from their operation. Have a lovely day.

Jonathan L

Jonathan LSydney, NSW

Excellent service, relatively painless and fast claim process

We recently joined PIA having just bought our healthy and beautiful 10 month old dog. Approximately one month into the policy our dog unexpectedly needed to go the vet about five times for a range of unforeseeable reasons, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and quick the claim process was. Quite painless, very impressed. Thank you PIA.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jonathan for posting your review on Product Review regarding PIA. I hope your pup is doing well? Have a great day.

Extremely quick and smooth process

Cathy

Cathy

Allows you to do the best for a beloved pet

I have had the major medical cover for my Bernese Mountain Dog since she was a puppy. She was recently very unwell and needed a major operation. PIA were thoroughly supportive and their ‘gap ‘ payments organised through my veterinary practice took the financial worry away so that I could concentrate on her recovery. She is now much better.

Melanie K.Sydney, NSW

Who would have thought there would be an insurance company that genuinely cares about you and your pets!

Number of Pets3 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Melanie for your lovely review and kind words. I'll be sure to share this with all the pet-loving team at PIA. I hope Stella is doing well? Have a great week.

Melanie K.

She is on the road to recovery. We are very positive about her prognosis, she is almost back to being normal Stella ❤️

Chloe Thomas

Chloe ThomasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So glad we took out PIA insurance!

I’ve been with PIA for almost 3years, I have a policy for both of my dogs. While it does feel expensive at first, it’s an absolute god send when something goes wrong. I never want to have to make the decision between money & my dogs life!
The PIA website is very easy to navigate and the online claim process is simple and easy to use, and you can easily track the progress of your claim online.
Sometimes they can be hard to contact on the phone, but for the most part I haven’t needed to do this.
I would recommend to friends, and I will sign my next pet up with PIA.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Chloe for your review and recommendation. I hope both of your dogs are doing well? Have a lovely week.

Lee

LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

PIA are marvelous as usual.

I can't rave enough about PIA pet insurance. The claim process is so simple and the payments are so quick. I tell everyone I know that has a pet, that they should be with PIA.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lee for your lovely feedback and for sharing the news with your friends about PIA. Have a fabulous afternoon.

Jacqui H.

Jacqui H.South East Queensland, QLD

Best value for money & easy to work with, with lovely staff.

1st & 2nd dog policies were very easy to set up, 10 minute phone calls & all sorted.
They've proven to be very easy to work with, as my vet lodges claims & receipts directly with my Policy number and I can view claims & benefits online.

Claim DateAugust 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jacqui for your review on Product Review. Have a fantastic day.

Alitreboy

Alitreboy

They tried to scam me

I have PIA insurance for my French bulldog for while and I got a new pup in few days ago and i checked PIA quote on PIA website and its say $31.20 for Major Medical Cover and its say need to ring PIA to add another pet so I did. Michael on the phone say its will cost $35.20 per month include 2nd pet discount?!

Claim DateJuly 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Alitreboy, I'm sorry to hear about your thoughts about PIA. Do you have your policy number handy and I'll have a supervisor take a look and reach out asap. Thanks.

Mignon A

Mignon AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thank god for pet insurance!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Mignon for taking the time to review PIA on Product Review. I hope Dolly is doing well and made a full recovery. It must have been a terribly frightening experience. Sending Dolly a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a wonderful week.

Vicky

VickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love Pet Australia Insurance, highly recommended on quick and efficient services

Lodged a claim during these challenging 2020 COVID times and was processed in a fortnight. Love Pet Australia Insurance. Pet Portal was so easy to use and load documents. Thank you!

Claim DateAugust 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Vicky for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA with Product Review. I hope your pet is doing well? Have a great day.

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent, again!

Thanks again. Easy Pet Portal interface to lodge the claim, efficient service and quick and correct settlement within 1 week
We've been very pleased with PIA service from the outset. We've been with PIA about 5 years.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Pete for your great feedback and the picture of your precious pooch! Have a great week.

David Crook

David CrookHolt 2615, ACT

Great - pet insurance has been a godsend. We would have still paid for surgery but this certainly softened the blow!

The PIA policy is good value for money; the online claims process is fast and user friendly; staff are always helpful and courteous; and they always follow up after treatment to see how our best mate is going!

Claim DateJuly 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks David for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your pet is doing well after surgery and made a full recovery. Have a wonderful week.

Stephen

StephenPerth, WA

Quick - Easy and Helpful

Pet Insurance Australia have been great in what has been a very difficult time for us and our puppy! They have been quick and super easy to deal with thus far!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Stephen for your feedback on PIA. I hope your puppy is doing well and on the mend? Have a lovely day.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews