Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover (page 2 of 3)

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim ApprovedYes (56) · No

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent, again!

Thanks again. Easy Pet Portal interface to lodge the claim, efficient service and quick and correct settlement within 1 week
We've been very pleased with PIA service from the outset. We've been with PIA about 5 years.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Pete for your great feedback and the picture of your precious pooch! Have a great week.

David Crook

David CrookHolt 2615, ACT

Great - pet insurance has been a godsend. We would have still paid for surgery but this certainly softened the blow!

The PIA policy is good value for money; the online claims process is fast and user friendly; staff are always helpful and courteous; and they always follow up after treatment to see how our best mate is going!

Claim DateJuly 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks David for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your pet is doing well after surgery and made a full recovery. Have a wonderful week.

Stephen

StephenPerth, WA

Quick - Easy and Helpful

Pet Insurance Australia have been great in what has been a very difficult time for us and our puppy! They have been quick and super easy to deal with thus far!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Stephen for your feedback on PIA. I hope your puppy is doing well and on the mend? Have a lovely day.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Glad to have received our claims on time under the current COVID situation

Policy claim has been a considerable value & was set up smoothly
Lodged claims have been processed well under a weeks time
Holding membership for the last 2 years now
We really appreciate the timely processing

Claim DateMay 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Yogi for taking the time to post your PIA feedback. Have a wonderful day.

PIA was very supportive

The PIA policy was quick in responding to our submission for a surgery our pet had to go through after they found a Sarcoma lump, from three fatty lumps he had in his body. They covered a good amount of the cost, as the premium of our coverage stated. We were very happy with the result and again were reminded of how helpful it is to have health insurance for one's pet.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jose for reviewing PIA. I hope your pet is doing well after surgery. Have a wonderful week.

Jessica K.

Jessica K.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

This has saved us thousands of out of pocket $!

Claim DateApril 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jessica for taking the time to review PIA and your high recommendation. I hope your precious dog is doing well? Sending a big PIA cuddle their way. Have a lovely week.

gweginoz

gweginozAdelaide

Great insurance product; fits our needs perfectly!

We’re very happy with our major medical plan; and very lucky to have taken it when we got our cat: she was diagnosed with a chronic condition that would have ended costing us an awful lot of money.
PIA customer service people are kind, process claims fast, answer all your questions and so far have been very honest dealing with our numerous invoices (no arguing). I could not think of not having pet insurance, now and in the future, and PIA are great!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks gweginoz for taking the time to place your feedback on PIA. I hope your cat is doing well? Have a great week.

CAROL ISHAC

CAROL ISHACSydney, NSW

Great value

Yes the policy was of great value for money. I submitted two 3 claims between the period May-June 20. My claims were processed with ease and in a timely manner.

Claim DateMay 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Carol for taking the time to submit a review. Have a great week.

Rip off!!

Was able to get some money back from a claim but not all of it. Had ridiculous policies like they’d cover surgery but not the blood test you need to have before surgery. Tried to leave, because we made 1 claim for 1 of our dogs(that we only got some money for) we had to continue paying for 6 months to finish the policy, without cover for that dog. Then the other dog who has had no claims should of been able to have no claims refund but then they decided that we couldn’t have that because we had been paying weekly not annually.

Waste of money!! Make a seperate bank account and save yourself. Pet insurance is the biggest Joke ever!!! Read terms and conditions very carefully!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi JKL I'm sorry to hear of your upset over your claims and i'd like to have a supervisor take a look into the account. Do you have your old policy number handy and I can pop you in contact with someone asap. Thanks, have a lovely week.

JLK
JLK

Policy Number: PI09259460 And Policy PI0925946

Larree W.

Larree W.

Tiger Snake ...Jack Russell

Our Jack Russell was bitten by a tiger snake..
We rang the vet as we are not in a town they were to meet us there where they administered snake anti venine
Thanks to the vet and their diligence they saved her a few days in intensive care...she finally came home skinny but alive as snake bite takes their mussell
I put a claim with Pet Insurance in via email when I received the large bill from the vet ...the claim with Pet Insurance was delt with swiftly
I would highly recommended Pet Insurance as we have 2dogs ,as I felt it is good value and the people that work are very helpful
And we have been with Pet Insurance 5 years

Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Larree for sharing your experience with PIA. I hope your precious Jack Russell is doing well and has made a full recovery? Have a wonderful week.

Great Value for Money and fast response.

The policy is of good value.
The Self service is nice and my Vet and Hospital managed the claims for me which was easy.
I have been with the insurance for 8 years.

Claim DateApril 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks B Naim for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

No surprises in my claim process, simple and efficient.

It took approx. 2-3 weeks for the claim to be processed.
The claim receipt had all detailsed explained with full amount that I paid and claimable amount.
PIA makes pet insurance a simple, hassle free protection for my pet and I.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Polly for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. Have a wonderful weekend.

Di N.

Di N.Western Australia

Brilliant Service / Quick Process

Each & every time PIA has processed our claim very quickly, within days and refunds in our bank account in under a week. Cannot ask for better service or insurance cover.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Di N for taking the time to post your PIA experience. Have a great day.

Bertha

Bertha

Good coverage / easy process

Good coverage and easy process to follow to get the benefit. Just a couple of emails, calls or follow ups in the vet office aloud to get paid in 7 days tops.

Claim DateDecember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bertha for your review. Have a wonderful day.

John O

John OGippsland, VIC

PIA is a must especially when you live in rural victoria

We have been with PIA now for 2 years ,December 2019 millie one of our cats was snake bitten she spent 3 weeks at the vet who lodged our claim to PIA the claim was processed within 5days . 3 weeks later max got bitten by a snake again a 3 week stay at the vet again the vet lodged the claim to PIA and once again it was settled within 5 days so cannot praise PIA enough.

Claim DateDecember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, John for sharing your experience on Product Review. I hope your Max and Millie are doing well after their snake encounters, it must have been a very scary time for you all? Have a lovely day.

Kristy

KristySydney, NSW

Prompt & Easy!

When my dog had surgery to remove a toe, I submitted the invoices and paperwork online and within days our rebate was paid. No questions & no issues.
We have now been with PIA for a few years and would highly recommend them to any pet owner. Problems arise and it’s good to know that you are covered for any issue - major or minor....

Claim DateNovember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kristy for taking the time to share your PIA story. I hope your dog made a full recovery from their surgery and is doing well? Have a great week.

CBENNETT

CBENNETTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

YEARS and YEARS paying THOUSANDS and RIPPED OFF

Pet Insurance Australia.....(PIA)
It is a farce that you charge excess per condition especially necessary euthanasia. I never knew that after paying you mob THOUSANDS of dollars, YES thousands for 3 dogs that when my best mate had to go to sleep I got hooked for another $200. At a minimum excess should be waved for long term customers when euthanasia is required. I will be "outing" you lot on Social Media because I believe that most of your very loyal customers such as myself dont realise your clever wording is per condition.....HIGHWAY ROBBERY. February will be my last month with you muppets, im taking my hard earned dollar elsewhere

Number of Pets3 pets
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Spinal surgery - quick reimbursement

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Marija for sharing your PIA story. Sending Pockets a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a wonderful day.

Esty

EstySydney Surrounds, NSW

They really care about our pets

Our pets recently arrived from overseas and I selected PIA for medical cover. Our one dog developed cruciate ligament problems within 4 months of arriving in Australia. Fortunately I had paid for the cruciate ligament checks and had a waiting period waiver on file, nevertheless on a quote of 8000 dollars for a bilateral surgery, we were grateful that PIA approved the surgery as they could have asked us to do one at a time over two years. This would have meant two surgeries and recovery periods. Our pet is recovering nicely and I just want to thank PIA for the professional caring service. You guys rock!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Esty for your taking the time to share your PIA experience. I hope your dog is doing well after surgery. I'll be sure to share your lovely comments with the team. Have a super day.

PIA is a godsend!

I have been with PIA for my staffy for about 5 years and have made numerous claims as my dog ended having a lot of health issues. PIA makes it super easy to lodge a claim and is so prompt with paying my claims. Makes it extremely stress free. Thank you PIA! I would be in a world of financial stress without you.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Annabella for your review. I hope your precious Staffy is doing well. Have a fantastic week.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews