Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover (page 2 of 3)

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (19)
    • 1-2 weeks (15)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (41) · No (0)

gweginoz

gweginozAdelaide

Great insurance product; fits our needs perfectly!

We’re very happy with our major medical plan; and very lucky to have taken it when we got our cat: she was diagnosed with a chronic condition that would have ended costing us an awful lot of money.
PIA customer service people are kind, process claims fast, answer all your questions and so far have been very honest dealing with our numerous invoices (no arguing). I could not think of not having pet insurance, now and in the future, and PIA are great!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateJune 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks gweginoz for taking the time to place your feedback on PIA. I hope your cat is doing well? Have a great week.

Larree W.

Larree W.

Tiger Snake ...Jack Russell

Our Jack Russell was bitten by a tiger snake..
We rang the vet as we are not in a town they were to meet us there where they administered snake anti venine
Thanks to the vet and their diligence they saved her a few days in intensive care...she finally came home skinny but alive as snake bite takes their mussell
I put a claim with Pet Insurance in via email when I received the large bill from the vet ...the claim with Pet Insurance was delt with swiftly
I would highly recommended Pet Insurance as we have 2dogs ,as I felt it is good value and the people that work are very helpful
And we have been with Pet Insurance 5 years

Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Larree for sharing your experience with PIA. I hope your precious Jack Russell is doing well and has made a full recovery? Have a wonderful week.

No surprises in my claim process, simple and efficient.

It took approx. 2-3 weeks for the claim to be processed.
The claim receipt had all detailsed explained with full amount that I paid and claimable amount.
PIA makes pet insurance a simple, hassle free protection for my pet and I.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Polly for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. Have a wonderful weekend.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Di N.

Di N.Western Australia

Brilliant Service / Quick Process

Each & every time PIA has processed our claim very quickly, within days and refunds in our bank account in under a week. Cannot ask for better service or insurance cover.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Di N for taking the time to post your PIA experience. Have a great day.

Bertha

Bertha

Good coverage / easy process

Good coverage and easy process to follow to get the benefit. Just a couple of emails, calls or follow ups in the vet office aloud to get paid in 7 days tops.

Claim DateDecember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bertha for your review. Have a wonderful day.

John O

John OGippsland, VIC

PIA is a must especially when you live in rural victoria

We have been with PIA now for 2 years ,December 2019 millie one of our cats was snake bitten she spent 3 weeks at the vet who lodged our claim to PIA the claim was processed within 5days . 3 weeks later max got bitten by a snake again a 3 week stay at the vet again the vet lodged the claim to PIA and once again it was settled within 5 days so cannot praise PIA enough.

Claim DateDecember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, John for sharing your experience on Product Review. I hope your Max and Millie are doing well after their snake encounters, it must have been a very scary time for you all? Have a lovely day.

Esty

EstySydney Surrounds, NSW

They really care about our pets

Our pets recently arrived from overseas and I selected PIA for medical cover. Our one dog developed cruciate ligament problems within 4 months of arriving in Australia. Fortunately I had paid for the cruciate ligament checks and had a waiting period waiver on file, nevertheless on a quote of 8000 dollars for a bilateral surgery, we were grateful that PIA approved the surgery as they could have asked us to do one at a time over two years. This would have meant two surgeries and recovery periods. Our pet is recovering nicely and I just want to thank PIA for the professional caring service. You guys rock!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Esty for your taking the time to share your PIA experience. I hope your dog is doing well after surgery. I'll be sure to share your lovely comments with the team. Have a super day.

PIA is a godsend!

I have been with PIA for my staffy for about 5 years and have made numerous claims as my dog ended having a lot of health issues. PIA makes it super easy to lodge a claim and is so prompt with paying my claims. Makes it extremely stress free. Thank you PIA! I would be in a world of financial stress without you.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Annabella for your review. I hope your precious Staffy is doing well. Have a fantastic week.

So glad to have this cover

My dog has had two cruciate ligament tears (back left knee and back right knee) in the last couple of years. In both cases, the claim was paid within a few weeks and covered a significant amount of my quite large vert surgery bills!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Cliff for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your dog has made a full recovery from their cruciate ligament treatments. It's great to know PIA was able to take a little of the stress away during this time. Have a wonderful day.

Sonya R.

Sonya R.Northeast, VIC

So glad to have this cover

We have had this Policy since our Staffy was 4 months old. He is 8yrs now and recently a large lump appeared on his Left Shoulder, whilst his Left Back Leg started to present painful! This company have been amazing to deal with even advising me of Pre-Authorisation forms the vet could fill out for pending surgery to see if we were covered. Having his surgery we now know we will get 80% back. Wonderful, I could not recommend them highly enough.

Claim DateNovember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Sonya for sharing your Pet Insurance Australia experience and your high recommendation. I hope your precious Staffy has made a full recovery from surgery. Have a lovely day.

Lea Wilkinson

Lea WilkinsonHunter Region, NSW

So pleased i chose PIA

I Joined PIA 3 year ago Setting up my policy was easy. I have lodged a few Claims and found PIA, to be excellent in resolving my claim within weeks.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lea for taking the time to review PIA. Have a wonderful day.

Tanya Morgan

Tanya MorganCampbell 2612, ACT

Such a valuable investment

Our Chow, Yogi Bear, was limping and we thought it would be a minor issue. Ended up being quite a major medical intervention and expensive. Thanks to PIA, we were out of pocket for way less than anticipated. The process of claiming was totally seamless. Our vet did the lodgement and we had a cheque in our hands in less than a week. Thanks PIA. You've exceeded our expectations. Happy to report that Yogi is back to being 100%.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Tanya. Thanks for sharing yours, and Yogi's, PIA experience. So happy to hear that Yogi has made a full recovery. Have a wonderful day.

Charj

CharjPerth, WA

Fantastic service when needed

My dog ate some poisonous nuts and needed emergency treatment. Once they received all the right paperwork ( which did take a while!) They paid out promptly and fully.

Very happy with the service.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Charj for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Confirmed its worth having Pet Insurance

PIA operator I spoke to was sympathetic to our pets medical problem and seemed well trained. She was quick to confirm our cover. PIA was prompt to reimburse our vet bills.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Mike for taking the time to review PIA. I'll be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team. Have a great day.

PrincessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic insurance I have been with them 2 years so happy with them. Thank you.

Really easy to lodge a claim..
friendly service.i am happy with this insurance as it is my first time having a pet and insurance.
Policy is good value. I have been with them 2 years. Fast in lodging claims.

Claim DateJuly 2019

Thanks, Princess for taking the time to review PIA. Have a wonderful week

Princess

Your welcome so happy you are always here for us...

Lisa

LisaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best Insurance Experience Ever

We got our new Great Dane puppy insured when he was 12 weeks old. 4 days after, he was involved in an accident with our horse and sustained dreadful injuries. PIA helped us out with covering his vet expenses. Couldn't be happier

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lisa for sharing your pup's story. I hope he has made a full recovery from his accident? Have a lovely weekend.

regnault

regnault

Extremely satisfied with both staff and service

My payment for our dog's treatment came through at the same time Pet Insurance was getting a bad wrap by Choice. I couldn't disagree more with Choice. PIA proved to be excellent value for money.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Regnault for taking the time to write a review and for voicing your feelings regarding Choice, it was rather sad that they didn't speak with more pet insurance clients. Have a great day.

Dawn L.South East Queensland, QLD

Great fast service and cover. Thanks!

My beloved Cavvy recently had to have MRI and treatment for a suspected stroke/neurological issue. I sought pre-approval before the procedure, and received a postive response very quickly. The whole online claim and refund process was effortless and really helped knowing that it wouldn't be stressful. Very happy with the service and cover.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Dawn for sharing your story. It's lovely to know PIA was able to help during such a terrifying experience. I hope your beloved Cavvy is doing well? Have a wonderful weekend

Thank you!

Paul

PaulHunter Region, NSW

Great help with our budget rather than going into debt.

Policy is good value and good back up when the vet bills come in. Not being able to insure a pet once they turn 9 years isn't good as this is when the bills really start.

Kerry

KerryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Process was so easy and quick!!

The process of lodging the claim was very easy and I was reimbursed for the vet costs in a week.
I'm very happy with PIA and would definitely recommend to others

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kerry for your recommendation and review. Have a lovely afternoon.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews