Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover (page 4 of 4)

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (23), 1-2 weeks (22), 2-4 weeks (5), 1-2 months (5) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (54) · No (3)

Mike H

Mike HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good... then very very bad

Maryum

MaryumNelson Bay

Terrible customer service. A pain to submit a claim.

I have been with PIA since April 2018. My two year old boxer has only been to the vet for being spayed, vaccinations and flea/tick/worm tablets. I have had to submit a claim for an injury and keep getting repetitive messages to submit vet history when PIA has all the documentations regarding spaying, vaccinations and tablets. The customer service representatives are unhelpful and just re-read what you can already see on the portal. They do not transfer you to anyone in the claims department and I am currently on a very long "hold" to speak with a supervisor. Very disappointed. I do not want to have to keep calling every few days to chase up a claim especially when all the documentation has been provided.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

I Maryum, i'm sorry to hear of your problems with your claim process and i'd love to help. Can I please grab your policy number and i'll have a supervisor make contact asap. Thanks, have a great day.

Rhonda

RhondaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very fast payout with the correct paperwork!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Rhonda for your review and advice. Have a wonderful day.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Hanr

Hanr

Wouldn't be without it!!

I have been with Pet Insurance Australia since my first dog was 6 months old. I will never be without it. I have full cover, accident plus illness, my dog who was having bad recurring ear infections got his bilateral zeps procedure which has now stopped the infections. My youngest dog now 2.5 this year was hit by a car and everything was covered. She got a bit wobly a few months ago and the vets treated her for expected tick and I received 80% back of everything I had to spend as it was under the $1000 max tick claim. I'm always pleasantly surprised at what I get back as opposed to being surprised that they don't cover enough. I recommend them to everyone who has pets

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Hanr for sharing your dog's story. I hope they are both doing well and have made a full recovery. Have a wonderful week.

OlesyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just a mistake

I was with Pet Insurance for 1 year, but it was such a big nightmare with claims process and indian customer service.. the last drop was when i called them a week ago to say "i want to cancel my policy because my premium just went up to 88$/a month (10$more) and I've got a second dog now to pay for", so they said "our cancellation department is super busy right now, they will call you withing 2 days".... almost a week later, I'm receiving an email saying "your policy has being cancelled "...
No phone call, no trying to "hey we ve got for you different options/plan"...

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Olesay. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with our customer service and i'd love to help. Can you please provide me with your old policy number and I can take a look into this for you. Thanks

Policy 0670546
P.s. I have received an email. And was about to delete my review, but reading how you spelled my name wrong just made me change my mind.

Antoinette

AntoinetteHunter Region, NSW

Happy customer

Policy was easy to set up and I love the fact that claims can be made online. Dog needed surgery (and X-rays and bandage changes, etc.) and PIA paid, no questions asked. I called them once or twice to check something about the policy and was answered in a kind and professional manner. I'm very glad I went with this company. Would definitely recommend.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Antoinette for your review. I'll be sure to share this with the hardworking, pet-loving team at PIA. Have a great weekend.

Great Value for Money

They are great value for money and have a very quick and easy online claims process. All you need to do is upload all the applicable documents for your claim and once approved (happens quickly) your claim will be paid (also happens quickly!).

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks BigFish89 for taking the time to review PIA. Have a fantastic day.

Jaime L

Jaime LSouth East Queensland, QLD

A must needed product

Policy is good value, policy was very easy to set up, customer service is good however there is a few things this company need to put in place. I have had a claim in for 4 weeks now they need more documents if I didn't ring up to see where it was it would have kept sitting there. However most of the time it's a quick turn over.

Nirmal K

Nirmal K

Do Not Buy - I Repeat Do Not Buy!

Pet Insurance

You'll just end up having to call and call and call!

I took out their major medical after my pup broke his leg. I was completely aware that this would be 'pre-existing' but wanted insurance in case something else ever happens. He was 7 months he he broke it.
I had him desexed during his surgery to fix his arm. The desexing was covered ($50 out of $250 worth). Anyway...6 weeks later and I have not seen any reimbursement and am simply calling and calling but there's always another form or document asked for before it can be processed. I don't care about the $50, it's now just the principle of the matter.
Terrible company...whishing I chose someone else!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Allie, i'm sorry to hear of this situation. Can you please email me your policy number and i'll have someone contact you asap that can help restore you faith in PIA. review@petinsuranceaustralia.com.au. Thanks for your time, have a great day.

Allie
Allie

Scottish shorthair good cover

Claimed alot of the first year kitten expenses and got most of it back. I did pay extra for no excess but for the peace of mind was happy to fork out extra per month for that. Good so far but apart from the usual checkup may be a bit expensive for some. Very easy to setup and calling the call center wasn't too bad as well.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Jeff for your honest comments about PIA and our services. Have a great day.

Outstanding company

I have been with pet insurance Australia since 2014 major medical plan (comprehensive) plus routine cover my dog is a bull terrier and cost less than $20 week my dog was 10weeks old through when first joined outstanding company can't rate them high enough no hassle with claims ever although would be great if had more payment options instead of only direct debit eg bpay post office payment or over the phone payment my experience has been terrific well done guys I'm glad I chose pia to look after my mate kind regards Brendon

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks so very much for sharing your wonderful PIA story Brendon. It's great to hear that PIA continues to lead the way with top insurance and customer service. I'll be sure to pass on your comments. Have a great day.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews