Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (2)
Georgina

GeorginaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Underwriters Call the Shots!

I tried to switch from Woolworths to Pet Insurance Australia after reading the positive reviews. Got hassled five times by their marketing arm after making an initial internet inquiry. I applied and now the underwriters have complicated and stalled this switch.

I just don't have the time or energy to beg for them to take my business and Pet Insurance Australia have done nothing to help resolve the issues for me. I now also don't have much confidence they would be helpful if I needed to make a claim.

I have a healthy three year old dog. I've never made a claim. No reason not to insure him.

So my advice is don't waste your time.

Pet Type(s) InsuredDog

The biggest crooks in the pet insurance

Alitreboy

Alitreboy

They tried to scam me

I have PIA insurance for my French bulldog for while and I got a new pup in few days ago and i checked PIA quote on PIA website and its say $31.20 for Major Medical Cover and its say need to ring PIA to add another pet so I did. Michael on the phone say its will cost $35.20 per month include 2nd pet discount?!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Alitreboy, I'm sorry to hear about your thoughts about PIA. Do you have your policy number handy and I'll have a supervisor take a look and reach out asap. Thanks.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Glenn Raymond

Glenn RaymondSydney, NSW

5 months into policy our dog needs surgery wasn’t covered until 6 months and only half the amount covered for surgery

Do not insure with PIA they don’t cover your claims enough don’t have any compassion for your pets only your money stay away go look elsewhere as I’ve done with RSPCA

Number of Pets4 pets
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo

Rip off!!

Was able to get some money back from a claim but not all of it. Had ridiculous policies like they’d cover surgery but not the blood test you need to have before surgery. Tried to leave, because we made 1 claim for 1 of our dogs(that we only got some money for) we had to continue paying for 6 months to finish the policy, without cover for that dog. Then the other dog who has had no claims should of been able to have no claims refund but then they decided that we couldn’t have that because we had been paying weekly not annually.

Waste of money!! Make a seperate bank account and save yourself. Pet insurance is the biggest Joke ever!!! Read terms and conditions very carefully!

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi JKL I'm sorry to hear of your upset over your claims and i'd like to have a supervisor take a look into the account. Do you have your old policy number handy and I can pop you in contact with someone asap. Thanks, have a lovely week.

JLK
JLK

Policy Number: PI09259460 And Policy PI0925946

April Z.

April Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worse

when i sign up the webIt said effective from 8th Maythey refuse to claim for placing the condition on 9th May with waiting periodit's like misleading advertising. I really regret choosing this insurance

CBENNETT

CBENNETTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

YEARS and YEARS paying THOUSANDS and RIPPED OFF

Pet Insurance Australia.....(PIA)
It is a farce that you charge excess per condition especially necessary euthanasia. I never knew that after paying you mob THOUSANDS of dollars, YES thousands for 3 dogs that when my best mate had to go to sleep I got hooked for another $200. At a minimum excess should be waved for long term customers when euthanasia is required. I will be "outing" you lot on Social Media because I believe that most of your very loyal customers such as myself dont realise your clever wording is per condition.....HIGHWAY ROBBERY. February will be my last month with you muppets, im taking my hard earned dollar elsewhere

Number of Pets3 pets
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Steer clear

Extremely poor service. Would not recommend to anyone at all ever. Steer clear. I would never sign up to this insurance again. What a complete waste of time and money.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Pie. I'm really sorry to hear of your thoughts with PIA and I'd love to help resolve this. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have a senior supervisor reach out asap. Thanks, have a great day.

ClareSydney Surrounds, NSW

They will try not to pay you.....be warned!

Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Clare. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'd love to help. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have a Supervisor reach out asap. Thanks, have a great weekend.

Clare

I provided the policy number with this review as required!
PI08166761

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Wonderful thanks Clare a supervisor will be in touch very soon.

Pet Insurance

Mike H

Mike HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good... then very very bad

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2018
Maryum

MaryumNelson Bay

Terrible customer service. A pain to submit a claim.

I have been with PIA since April 2018. My two year old boxer has only been to the vet for being spayed, vaccinations and flea/tick/worm tablets. I have had to submit a claim for an injury and keep getting repetitive messages to submit vet history when PIA has all the documentations regarding spaying, vaccinations and tablets. The customer service representatives are unhelpful and just re-read what you can already see on the portal. They do not transfer you to anyone in the claims department and I am currently on a very long "hold" to speak with a supervisor. Very disappointed. I do not want to have to keep calling every few days to chase up a claim especially when all the documentation has been provided.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

I Maryum, i'm sorry to hear of your problems with your claim process and i'd love to help. Can I please grab your policy number and i'll have a supervisor make contact asap. Thanks, have a great day.

OlesyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just a mistake

I was with Pet Insurance for 1 year, but it was such a big nightmare with claims process and indian customer service.. the last drop was when i called them a week ago to say "i want to cancel my policy because my premium just went up to 88$/a month (10$more) and I've got a second dog now to pay for", so they said "our cancellation department is super busy right now, they will call you withing 2 days".... almost a week later, I'm receiving an email saying "your policy has being cancelled "...
No phone call, no trying to "hey we ve got for you different options/plan"...

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Olesay. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with our customer service and i'd love to help. Can you please provide me with your old policy number and I can take a look into this for you. Thanks

Policy 0670546
P.s. I have received an email. And was about to delete my review, but reading how you spelled my name wrong just made me change my mind.

Nirmal K

Nirmal K

Do Not Buy - I Repeat Do Not Buy!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

You'll just end up having to call and call and call!

I took out their major medical after my pup broke his leg. I was completely aware that this would be 'pre-existing' but wanted insurance in case something else ever happens. He was 7 months he he broke it.
I had him desexed during his surgery to fix his arm. The desexing was covered ($50 out of $250 worth). Anyway...6 weeks later and I have not seen any reimbursement and am simply calling and calling but there's always another form or document asked for before it can be processed. I don't care about the $50, it's now just the principle of the matter.
Terrible company...whishing I chose someone else!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Allie, i'm sorry to hear of this situation. Can you please email me your policy number and i'll have someone contact you asap that can help restore you faith in PIA. review@petinsuranceaustralia.com.au. Thanks for your time, have a great day.

Allie