Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (0)

Shannon M.

Shannon M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

10+ yrs and no problems or rejected claims

I've used this company for 4 different pets over 10 years. The online claim process is easy and convenient. The process has a quick turn around and I have been happy with the outcome of every claim.
The only downside is the price. The increase in premiums from year to year is unbelievable but I believe this is true for all pet insurance available in Australia. The industry itself needs to be overhauled.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim DateOctober 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Extremely quick and smooth process

Claim DateSeptember 2020
Chloe Thomas

Chloe ThomasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So glad we took out PIA insurance!

I’ve been with PIA for almost 3years, I have a policy for both of my dogs. While it does feel expensive at first, it’s an absolute god send when something goes wrong. I never want to have to make the decision between money & my dogs life!
The PIA website is very easy to navigate and the online claim process is simple and easy to use, and you can easily track the progress of your claim online.
Sometimes they can be hard to contact on the phone, but for the most part I haven’t needed to do this.
I would recommend to friends, and I will sign my next pet up with PIA.

Claim DateJune 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Chloe for your review and recommendation. I hope both of your dogs are doing well? Have a lovely week.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Glad to have received our claims on time under the current COVID situation

Policy claim has been a considerable value & was set up smoothly
Lodged claims have been processed well under a weeks time
Holding membership for the last 2 years now
We really appreciate the timely processing

Claim DateMay 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Yogi for taking the time to post your PIA feedback. Have a wonderful day.

CAROL ISHAC

CAROL ISHACSydney, NSW

Great value

Yes the policy was of great value for money. I submitted two 3 claims between the period May-June 20. My claims were processed with ease and in a timely manner.

Claim DateMay 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Carol for taking the time to submit a review. Have a great week.

Rip off!!

Was able to get some money back from a claim but not all of it. Had ridiculous policies like they’d cover surgery but not the blood test you need to have before surgery. Tried to leave, because we made 1 claim for 1 of our dogs(that we only got some money for) we had to continue paying for 6 months to finish the policy, without cover for that dog. Then the other dog who has had no claims should of been able to have no claims refund but then they decided that we couldn’t have that because we had been paying weekly not annually.

Waste of money!! Make a seperate bank account and save yourself. Pet insurance is the biggest Joke ever!!! Read terms and conditions very carefully!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi JKL I'm sorry to hear of your upset over your claims and i'd like to have a supervisor take a look into the account. Do you have your old policy number handy and I can pop you in contact with someone asap. Thanks, have a lovely week.

JLK
JLK

Policy Number: PI09259460 And Policy PI0925946

Great Value for Money and fast response.

The policy is of good value.
The Self service is nice and my Vet and Hospital managed the claims for me which was easy.
I have been with the insurance for 8 years.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateApril 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks B Naim for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

Kristy

KristySydney, NSW

Prompt & Easy!

When my dog had surgery to remove a toe, I submitted the invoices and paperwork online and within days our rebate was paid. No questions & no issues.
We have now been with PIA for a few years and would highly recommend them to any pet owner. Problems arise and it’s good to know that you are covered for any issue - major or minor....

Claim DateNovember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kristy for taking the time to share your PIA story. I hope your dog made a full recovery from their surgery and is doing well? Have a great week.

Spinal surgery - quick reimbursement

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Marija for sharing your PIA story. Sending Pockets a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a wonderful day.

Pet Insurance

Quick claim

Recently my dog is diagnosed SA, a skin issue cause by immune system. I claimed the biopsy test and also the capsules for my dog. However, the fortnightly payment goes up little bit, hope it won't goes up too much for the next policy year.

Claim DateOctober 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Gina, thanks for taking the time to review PIA. Would you like me to have a policy expert reach out in regards to your premium? If I can just please grab your policy number I can get someone to make contact asap. Thanks, have a wonderful day.

Jaime L

Jaime LSouth East Queensland, QLD

A must needed product

Policy is good value, policy was very easy to set up, customer service is good however there is a few things this company need to put in place. I have had a claim in for 4 weeks now they need more documents if I didn't ring up to see where it was it would have kept sitting there. However most of the time it's a quick turn over.

Insurance claim madeYes

Scottish shorthair good cover

Claimed alot of the first year kitten expenses and got most of it back. I did pay extra for no excess but for the peace of mind was happy to fork out extra per month for that. Good so far but apart from the usual checkup may be a bit expensive for some. Very easy to setup and calling the call center wasn't too bad as well.

Insurance claim madeYes
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Jeff for your honest comments about PIA and our services. Have a great day.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews