Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (19)
    • 1-2 weeks (15)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (42) · No (0)

Positive experiences with PIA

We have been with PIA for 6 years and made several claims for things we never would have imagined happening. PIA has responded quickly and made the process easy. Thankyou

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lisa for your review on PIA. Have a great week.

This is perfect! The peace of mind is worth far more then the monthly fee

Claim MadeNo
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Fabulous Freddie

Fabulous Freddie Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Super Happy... this is an excellent service such a life saver to have this insurance

This policy is good value and very easy to set up
I have lodged many claims and very prompt to resolve them as our Freddie has many allergies which is on going
I’ve been with pet insurance for 2 1/2 years now and very are happy ... thanks PIA

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Fabulous Freddie! What a wonderful photo! We simply love the bowtie. It's great to hear that PIA is taking the itch out of the allergies for you. Have a great day.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Rebecca P.

Rebecca P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Super happy!

Really easy to claim and very fast after our dog ingest too much grass and needed to have emergency surgery on a Saturday night, thank you PIA you were very helpful!

Claim DateDecember 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Rebecca, I hope your dog is OK and has made a full recovery from eating too much grass that resulted in surgery. Sending them a big "get well PIA cuddle" from the whole team. Have a wonderful day.

Lora T.

Lora T.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

We could provide the care our girl needed to stay alive

PIA was amazing when it came to claiming our girls vet stay. Our claim was almost $20k due to her getting Tetanus which required her to stay in ICU for over 2 weeks. PIA allowed us to give our girl the support she needed to stay alive and the claim process was seamless. Thank you PIA, Koda thanks you as well.

Great company

Very happy with the service pet insurance Australia provides. Claim process is super quick and easy! Annual premium is competitively priced. Read the PDS and understand exactly what you are and are not covered for before choosing any insurance product that way you will not be disappointed.

craig m.

craig m.Western District, VIC

Extremely Happy

PIA is fantastic and easy to deal with. After our pointer had surgery on a hind leg all we had to do was inform the Vet of his Policy number and PIA processed the claim promptly allowing us to care for him and get him back up and running again.
Well and truly worth it.

Claim DateOctober 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Craig for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. I hope your precious Pointer is doing well after their surgery? Have a wonderful week.

KevinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Called to check up on my policy,

Apparently I cant change my excess level because I have made one $30 claim. And the consultant also said that every time I renew my pet insurance every year there is a 30 day waiting period again?

However Liana called me back and helped me understand everything.

I’ll be staying with this company due to her and the level of care I have received

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Kevin, I'm sorry to hear of this and I'd like to pop you in touch with a supervisor asap to get this resolved. Can I please have your policy number? Thanks, have a lovely day.

PI11920212

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kevin, a supervisor will be in touch soon. Please let me know if you have any problems. Have a lovely day.

Iris

IrisSA, 5290

Gives peace of mind

I have been with Pet Insurance for many years, and they settle claims as soon as they can. Just recently my little dog had to have an operation, and his claim was settled quickly and smoothly.

Claim DateOctober 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Iris for taking the time to post your PIA experience on Product Review. I hope your little dog is doing well and has made a full recovery from their operation. Have a lovely day.

Jonathan L

Jonathan LSydney, NSW

Excellent service, relatively painless and fast claim process

We recently joined PIA having just bought our healthy and beautiful 10 month old dog. Approximately one month into the policy our dog unexpectedly needed to go the vet about five times for a range of unforeseeable reasons, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and quick the claim process was. Quite painless, very impressed. Thank you PIA.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jonathan for posting your review on Product Review regarding PIA. I hope your pup is doing well? Have a great day.

Cathy

Cathy

Allows you to do the best for a beloved pet

I have had the major medical cover for my Bernese Mountain Dog since she was a puppy. She was recently very unwell and needed a major operation. PIA were thoroughly supportive and their ‘gap ‘ payments organised through my veterinary practice took the financial worry away so that I could concentrate on her recovery. She is now much better.

Melanie K.Sydney, NSW

Who would have thought there would be an insurance company that genuinely cares about you and your pets!

Number of Pets3 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Melanie for your lovely review and kind words. I'll be sure to share this with all the pet-loving team at PIA. I hope Stella is doing well? Have a great week.

Melanie K.

She is on the road to recovery. We are very positive about her prognosis, she is almost back to being normal Stella ❤️

Jacqui H.

Jacqui H.South East Queensland, QLD

Best value for money & easy to work with, with lovely staff.

1st & 2nd dog policies were very easy to set up, 10 minute phone calls & all sorted.
They've proven to be very easy to work with, as my vet lodges claims & receipts directly with my Policy number and I can view claims & benefits online.

Claim DateAugust 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jacqui for your review on Product Review. Have a fantastic day.

Mignon A

Mignon AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thank god for pet insurance!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Mignon for taking the time to review PIA on Product Review. I hope Dolly is doing well and made a full recovery. It must have been a terribly frightening experience. Sending Dolly a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a wonderful week.

Vicky

VickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love Pet Australia Insurance, highly recommended on quick and efficient services

Lodged a claim during these challenging 2020 COVID times and was processed in a fortnight. Love Pet Australia Insurance. Pet Portal was so easy to use and load documents. Thank you!

Claim DateAugust 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Vicky for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA with Product Review. I hope your pet is doing well? Have a great day.

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent, again!

Thanks again. Easy Pet Portal interface to lodge the claim, efficient service and quick and correct settlement within 1 week
We've been very pleased with PIA service from the outset. We've been with PIA about 5 years.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Pete for your great feedback and the picture of your precious pooch! Have a great week.

David Crook

David CrookHolt 2615, ACT

Great - pet insurance has been a godsend. We would have still paid for surgery but this certainly softened the blow!

The PIA policy is good value for money; the online claims process is fast and user friendly; staff are always helpful and courteous; and they always follow up after treatment to see how our best mate is going!

Claim DateJuly 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks David for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your pet is doing well after surgery and made a full recovery. Have a wonderful week.

Stephen

StephenPerth, WA

Quick - Easy and Helpful

Pet Insurance Australia have been great in what has been a very difficult time for us and our puppy! They have been quick and super easy to deal with thus far!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Stephen for your feedback on PIA. I hope your puppy is doing well and on the mend? Have a lovely day.

PIA was very supportive

The PIA policy was quick in responding to our submission for a surgery our pet had to go through after they found a Sarcoma lump, from three fatty lumps he had in his body. They covered a good amount of the cost, as the premium of our coverage stated. We were very happy with the result and again were reminded of how helpful it is to have health insurance for one's pet.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jose for reviewing PIA. I hope your pet is doing well after surgery. Have a wonderful week.

Jessica K.

Jessica K.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

This has saved us thousands of out of pocket $!

Claim DateApril 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jessica for taking the time to review PIA and your high recommendation. I hope your precious dog is doing well? Sending a big PIA cuddle their way. Have a lovely week.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews