4.1

1,285 reviews

Karen

KarenMelbourne

Our dog Iggy had a major operation, which was extremely harrowing for he and us. PIA were excellent in every way, we couldn't have paid the huge Vet bill without them.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Karen for posting your feedback on your experience with PIA. I hope Iggy has made a full recovery. Sending him a big PIA cuddle from the pet-loving team. Have a wonderful week.

Gabriella

GabriellaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lucky to have it

Our elderly Labrador developed severe hind legs mobility problems. This could have been caused by a number of illnesses and our local vet recommended specialist care. Investigating the possible cause of his illness would have been unaffordable without comprehensive insurance cover.
We lodged a claim and received the appropriate refund speedily and without any problems.
Having a sick dog was stressful enough, not being able to afford to have specialist care would have been unthinkable.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Gabriella for taking the time to post your PIA review. I hope your Labrador is doing well. Have a wonderful day.

Louise P

Louise PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Definitely a Life Saver

We have 3 large dogs insured, and 2 of them had to have surgery this year. PIA paid the claims, a little less than i expected, but very prompt response. Would highly recommend PIA as very professional company.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Louise for posting your feedback on PIA. Have a wonderful day. I hope your precious dogs have made a full recovery from their surgeries.

Karyn McCuskey

Karyn McCuskeyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bee Sting on Rag Doll allergic Reaction

Absolutely fantastic Co. My Rag doll was bitten by a bee and had an allergic Reaction. Was rushed to closest vet and then had to stay overnight at a Vet Hospital for care. Claim was lodged and refunded to me in around 2 weeks.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Karyn for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your precious Ragdoll made a full recovery from their bee-sting incident. It must have been a very stressful situation. Have a wonderful weekend.

Amanda Hancock

Amanda HancockHunter Region, NSW

Best investment I have made!

This is the 2nd policy I have taken out with PIA and they have never let me down! All claims have been resolved quickly and the staff are considerate and genuinely caring.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Amanda for your kind words and review. I'll be sure to pass this over to the pet-loving hardworking team. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michael R.

Michael R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best decision we have made

Our dog recently required emergency surgery our claim was approved and paid on the day and subsequent days.The process was easy and quick taking a load off our minds at the time.

Michael and Richard

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Michael for sharing your PIA feedback. I hope your dog made a full recovery and is doing well. Have a wonderful weekend.

Genevieve

GenevieveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to claim.

Setting up a policy online was easy and adding pets as I get them waa no issue. It was easy to claim. I had no issues and I recieved the money very quickly.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Genevieve for taking the time to post your review on PIA. Have a wonderful day.

April Z.

April Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worse

when i sign up the webIt said effective from 8th Maythey refuse to claim for placing the condition on 9th May with waiting periodit's like misleading advertising. I really regret choosing this insurance

AnneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Utter frustration

I sent my first email on the 11 April in regard to an error in a payment. I have received payment twice for one claim. Further emails and a phone call, no response.

PI02091710

KEANE

KEANENortheast, VIC

No transparency. Dishonesty.

First claim paid. Second claim (tests following on from 1st illness) told condition "pre-existing". Refused 2 appeals.
Opted not to renew policy. Cancelled without coverage to renewal date (annual subscription). Disgusted

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Kean. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with your claim and I'd like to help if possible. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have a supervisor reach out asap? Thanks, have a lovely day.

John P

John PSydney, NSW

Good service, quick response & refund

I join PIA for more than a year now for my 2 dogs, St Berxer & Aussie Shepherd
Unfortunately my Nala (St Berxer) needed 2 surgeries because of the ear infections
Compare to other insurer that I had before PIA responded and refunded quickly for my claims

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, John for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. I hope Nala is doing well after surgery? Have a great week.

Anonymous

AnonymousGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Alfie

Well done. Alfie was bitten by a bee. Our claim for emergency care was processed promptly and the communication with us was excellent. Very happy with the service. Regards. Greg

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

I hope you are feeling better now Alfie? Those bees can certainly leave you feeling swollen and very very sore. The whole team at PIA sends you a big cuddle. Thanks for taking the time to share Alfie's story Greg, have a wonderful week.

NATASHA

NATASHAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy process to set up but claims process a bit disappointing

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Natasha, I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with our claims process and I'd love to put you in contact with a supervisor who can help. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have someone reach out asap. Thanks, have a nice weekend.

No surprises in my claim process, simple and efficient.

It took approx. 2-3 weeks for the claim to be processed.
The claim receipt had all detailsed explained with full amount that I paid and claimable amount.
PIA makes pet insurance a simple, hassle free protection for my pet and I.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Polly for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. Have a wonderful weekend.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Could not ask for a better insurer

We have had insurance on our Dogs through Pet Insurance Australia since September last year. Not long after starting the policy 1 of our dogs got very sick and needed a major operation that cost many thousands of dollars. They paid the claim in a speedy manor and I was more than satisfied. Since then our other dog has had surgery on both knees and once again the claims where paid speedily. All 3 operations would have cost us $10,000 .I have no hesitation in recommending Pet Insurance Australia as an insurer for your pets .
Paul Schuster

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Paul for taking the time to review PIA and your high recommendation. I hope your dogs are doing well and have recovered from surgery and illness? Sending them both a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great day.

dianaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

delivered what you promised!

Very quick refund on my claim, however considering I have had my dog insured for the whole 6 years of his life, I feel the yearly increases in costs is way too high. I understand older dogs usually incur more vet costs, but his insurance policy costs the same as my gold cover, 100% cover health insurance..$170+/month. Also, I feel my having to pay the vet up front, before you consider my claim could be looked at. My sole income is an aged pension and I had to borrow the money to pay the vet.

diana

thankyou..after I wrote the review I received your email describing this gap only offer. While my vet clinic of 50 years is not on your list, I will check if they have the capabilities of using the electronic system. di

SharonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unbelievably disappointing customer service

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Sharon, one of my team should have been in touch last week. Thanks, have a great day.

Martin5353

Martin5353MELBOURNE

Great Pet Insurance with excellent cover

We’ve had our insurance cover with Pet Insurance Australia since adopting our Grey in 2014. We have found the premium to be very competitive and great coverage. The online portal is easy to use and the claim process is fast and efficient. Unfortunately we’ve had to use our cover on several occasions and have been extremely grateful for the peace of mind. The service received has been excellent and always professional. No hesitation in recommending Pet Insurance Australia.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Martin for your review and high recommendation. I'll be sure to pass over your lovely comments to the team. I hope your precious Grey is doing well? Have a wonderful day.

Joye

JoyeHunter Region, NSW

Very Speedy Processing of Claim

I have had Pet Insurance for my Dog Rosie with PIA for a few years now. I have never had any trouble with claiming it is always efficiently processed and put in my account. The price of the policy has increased over the years but that is to be expected. It is very good to be able to claim when Rosie is unwell.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks for taking the time to review PIA, Joye. I hope Rosie is doing well? Have a fantastic day.

Di N.

Di N.Western Australia

Brilliant Service / Quick Process

Each & every time PIA has processed our claim very quickly, within days and refunds in our bank account in under a week. Cannot ask for better service or insurance cover.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Di N for taking the time to post your PIA experience. Have a great day.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews

Dev

Devasked

Pet Insurance Australia

How does the claim process work with Pet Insurance Australia?

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Dev, sorry for the delay this message has only just shown up. You can choose a few ways to claim. If you choose a GapOnly vet you only need to pay the gap and the vet will do the rest (for a list of vets close to you take a look at www.gaponly.com.au). However, you can choose any registered vet in Australia, and then claim for the reimbursement via the pet portal on our website. For more information take a look at our website here - www.petinsuranceaustralia.com.au I hope this has been of some help. Have a wonderful day.

Felicity A.

Felicity A.asked

Pet Insurance Australia

Hi there, do your policy cover hip dysplasia, elbow dylplasia and patella luxation?

lynda
lynda

Yes, as far as I know, as long as it wasn't a pre -existing condition.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Felicity, we certainly do cover for these conditions in the illness section of your policy, as long as there are no prior symptoms to taking out the policy. The cover for these conditions will be subjected to caps and limits.

All of our claims are looked at on an individual basis, however, if a condition has shown signs or symptoms prior to coverage, than it may be excluded as a pre-existing condition. A pre-existing condition may be reviewed 18 months after the policy has been kept and may possibly covered, provided it has shown no signs or symptoms within this time.

After this timeframe if you wish to have the condition reviewed we do have a Pre-existing Condition review form further information can be found in our Product Disclosure Statement on page 25 under “Pre-Existing condition review”. I hope this has answered your questions. Would you like me to have a PIA Policy Expert reach out? Thanks, have a great day.

Aya T.

Aya T.asked

Hi there,

Is there any waiting period for routine care cover? I have 3months old pup and thinking to get De-sexing when he is about 6 months old. If I apply now, can it be covered? (Also final pup vaccination is scheduled in 2 weeks time)

Aya

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Aya, I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner I've only just been altered to this question.

No there is no waiting period on Routine Care Cover. Thanks, have a great day.

Get an answer from our members and Pet Insurance Australia representatives