Petbarn Physical store

Petbarn Physical store (page 4 of 8)

Worst service at Petbarn Caringbah and the online store is the worst I have encountered!

If I didn't need the products I wouldn't even bother shopping here... the staff never ask if you need any help. You could wander around for an hour and no one would approach you. And if you do ask something it is like extracting a tooth. The only service you get is when you go to pay, there is always someone there ready to take your money!!
Products on the website show available and when you check they show sold out!!!
Petbarn, you need to train your staff better or you are going to lose all your customers!

Aussie Shopper

Aussie ShopperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Terrible Store - Horrible Service, Expensive Prices, Really Bad Back Office Support

No service from Head Office

In store rip off

I researched a product online and then went In store to purchase. The online non sale price was several dollars less than the In store price. I hadn't realised in till I was home. I contacted customer service who took forever to answer then clearly didn't read my complaint as they told me all about the price match process with other websites. I wrote back twice and after another several weeks got another response this time about online specials and that it is up to ME to tell their STORE about the lesser price.

What a scam!!! They use low online prices to get you to go in then charge you more. Not to mention prices are often not on the shelves.

THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF!!

Manda

Manda

Terrible staff

Jason

JasonSydney

Two bad experiences with fish purchases

Bought two female guppies at the Blacktown store, two weeks later most of my fish started showing of lethargy and after two days one of the females died and one of my clown loaches too. Within 4 days of the first signs of an issue I had lost all but two fish. A couple of days before this started a friend asked me to pick up a couple of female guppies, I did this at the same store. The next time I saw her I told her about my issue, she told me she had lost all of her fish to the exact same issue (lethargy, discolouration and then dead), she already had 5 guppies in her tank which she had for over a year prior to this. I don’t see this as a coincidence

Stay away unless you are filthy rich!

Absolute rip off. Thanks to KMART for pet essential for a fraction of price that pet barn charges which does the same job except some high quality diet which can be bought online from the manufacturer direct. Avoid this horrible place all together. Every petbarn store that I have been they all the same ripping off customers.

Teegee

Teegee

Check your receipt!

Always make sure you know how much your products cost. At my local store, everytime without fail, I am charged a higher price than what is ticketed on the shelf. I have been stung a couple of times and now if I must shop there, I make sure exactly how much things cost and what the total should be. I brought this to the staff members attention on a number of occasions that this happens and I get a blank stare in response. If I can purchase elsewhere, I certainly do. Very poor

Crimitorii

Won't sell an in-date product

Went into a store to buy Comfortis (flea product for dogs). The had about 6 boxes on the shelf but salesperson refused to sell it to me as said it expired in April. Couldn't understand that as today is 18th April so it's not expired yet - presumably why the product is still on the shelf! Poor knowledge, or lying and it actually expired last month, then why is it on the shelf (behind the counter so I couldn't read it myself). Being in the medicine business, April expiry means it is in-date until end of month. I was keen to buy so they've lost both this sale and future sales.
Complained to head office and will update this review depending on their response (none yet).

Groomers section

Petbarn groomers hoxtern park is the biggest waste of time and money!!! The grooming ladies do not have any real passion towards there job which I think is a must when it comes to working with animals. All i asked was for my puppys nails to get cut and for him to be washed they washed him but didn't cut hes nails and when I went to pick my puppy up from the store he was still wet and dead hair was still coming off him like for pete sake it took them 3 hours.

crushedandsoggy

crushedandsoggyVictoria

Overpriced with poor customer service.

Appalling customer service and very expensive. Purchased a packet of heartworm prevention and was charged $55. The price when checked in their online store was $46.74. Rang them to query the price difference and was told the online price is cheaper (which I had just told them). No explanation regarding why the advertised price online was less than the price in the store. When I told the staff member they had just lost a customer, her response was "Have a nice day". Price on reputable websites (eg. PetCircle) is around $31.40 with free shipping.

PetBarn fails 3 times in a row

dafs1974

dafs1974Adelaide

Grooming satisfaction Guarentee

PetBarn clearly knows how bad their groomers are as they offer 100% money back if not satisfied
From complaints i have read they are clearly not sticking to their own policies
Used their DIY baths absolutely disgusting Bath blocked had to finish washing my furbaby on the floor
Was not offered a refund or for the bath to be cleared so i could finish her properly from the state of the DIY's , what i observed of handling of dogs in grooming and grooming comments
I will not be going back and I would not trust them with my dog for any amount of time

Magda

Magda

Dog grooming

I took my 2 little dogs in at 8:30 am for grooming
Very bad service, rude and dog bleeding wanted to take my dogs the way they were and he wouldn't give me my dogs , told me he hadn't finished .
Never again

Cooper

CooperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Killed all my fish

Decided to by a fish from Petbarn. But the horrible staff don't even check to make sure the fish are healthy. I saw a dead fish in a tank. So I got fish from a different tank to make sure it isn't diseased. I bought a comet gold fish. About a day after it being in MY TANK. It was forming symptoms of fin rot. And began infecting all of my fish. The comet died. And along with it killed my black gold fish. Thank you petbarn. Absolutely disgraceful.

Find out how Petbarn Physical store compares to other Pet Shops

Terrible service and rude staff

I went to pet barn to purchase a new goldfish for my tank and was told that purchasing a gold fish for my tank would be animal cruelty even though assuring the staff member my tank was more than sufficient size for 2 gold fish. The staff member then informed me that he wasn’t obliged to serve me and was quite rude towards me, petbarn has certainly lost a customer and I certainly will not be recommending pet barn to anyone else. What an embarrassment.

DaciaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service ever experienced.

Dacia

As an update - I've never heard back from Head Office. I got one phone call, they left a voicemail and I tried to return the call to get their message service. Don't buy from PetBarn. Buy from the local vets or local pet shops instead :)

Grooming services disgusting - so disappointed

rosiej2

rosiej2Sydney, NSW

OVERPRICED

I recently bought Feliway 60mm for my anxious cat at Petbarn and paid $75.I have since seen it online for $40. I wont be shopping with them again!!

Erin F