Petbarn Physical store

Alisha KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dog Training Course

Store LocationJindalee
Alisha Kate

Since contacting Petbarn we have recieved an apology and refund for the class. Petbarn have been helpful in resolving this issue.

MeaganPetbarn
Kirsty

KirstyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Product insufficient

The Dog/ puppy bark collar Citronella spray only sporadically works. Does not spray every time the dog barks. Very unhappy with this item. I would not recommend the citronella spray.

Store LocationThe pines

Bad

Store LocationRozelle
PetbarnPetbarn

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

If you would like to give more information on how we can improve please call our friendly customer service team on 1300 655 896 option 5.
The Petbarn Team

Lillie M.

Lillie M.Sydney, NSW

Not the best.

I only shop at Petbarn if I’m desperate because they definitely aren’t the cheapest around, I needed dog food so I thought I would buy a kong toy with it. My dog generally doesn’t destroy kongs although I also know that Kong has a guarantee on their products. My dog destroyed it within 5 minutes, I rang them thinking that they would ask me to send them photos via email or something but they have insisted I need to take it back to a physical store to show them.
A 40 minute round trip for a $15 kong bone isn’t what I was wanting to do.
The petbarn representative told me that they could only replace it with the same item and that I probably shouldn’t get another one anyway if my dog destroyed it so quickly.
Not impressed with that.

Store LocationNorth parramatta

ChalkyoneSydney

Ignored when quiet and trying to buy Aquarium fish

Chalkyone

No thanks, wasted enough time of my time, you can see the review details, up to yourselves if you do anything constructive internally about it.

Jon Royse

Jon Royse

PetBarn in store Self, coin operated, dog wash!

PetBarn in store Self (coin operated) dog wash, is NOT suitable for all, I would say, most dogs! Ever since I started taking my pet dog there, his fur sheds like mad, more than 50% then usual, even for this time of the year (summer) and yet, the in-store staff denies it and does not accept any responsibility what's so ever! I have even brought this to the attention of Store management and head office as well, got crap all from them!!!

Store LocationNorth Parramatta, NSW
PetbarnPetbarn

Not the best customer service.

Store LocationCannon hill
Elizabeth D.

Elizabeth D.

Up one entering the store- disheartened with customer service

I attended the KOGARAH store yesterday. Upon arrival there is a sign stating that all animals entering the store must be on a leash, which is correct. I entered the store with my three month old dog to find a huge dog roaming the store with no leash who ran towards me and my dog. I notified the employee that my dog was scared and questioned why the huge dog was not restrained. The employee replied this is how it is. I stated that obviously due to this, I cannot enter the store to buy the products I needed and he really did not care whatsoever. No customer service skills, he was very rude and arrogant. Obviously will not be returning to this store ever again.

Store LocationKogarah
inara

inara

puppy school

Shallie17

Shallie17Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Courteous Employee, Impossible Job...

Bev

BevMelbourne

Misleading promotion

Received scrachie before Xmas, it shows 20% discount off pet food for the month of January. When I went in to the store to use it, the staff showed me the very small prints to state the discount only applies to certain brands.
What’s the point of such promotions with so many restrictions? The staff told me many customers were disappointed like me.
I later found the same product online, it was $30 cheaper with free delivery.

E.Lee

E.LeeMelbourne

False product and erroneous plant advice

Purchased three aquatic plants from Petbarn: Amazon Swords, Lilaeopsis and Borneo Swords. I asked at the time whether the plants have any special requirements such as lighting, temperature, etc. Was told that the plants have no special needs. Turns out, Borneo swords are non-aquatic and will rot in my aquarium in a few months. Amazon Swords have a high light requirement.

Dog grooming not up to standard and more expensive

Took my dog to Pet Barn for a groom. The lady was 15 minutes late and it was the worst groom my dog has had yet, and at $69, the most expensive too! Wasn’t cut short enough either and for the middle of summer, I will have to get him some now again elsewhere.

Grooming Service

Grooming Service never answer their phone nor do they return messages. The online booking service hardly works. Very frustrating trying to book a groom for my dog.

Stella

StellaBrisbane

Overpriced, cheaper options of the same product at other stores

Petbarn is incredibly pricey, for no reason at all. I have browsed a lot in this store and found that 80% of their products can be found at stores like Coles, Kmart and Woolworths for SO much cheaper. The only thing that I would credit Petbarn on is their doggie cages / chicken pens/ and etc since you can't find those kinds of things else where. I have bought expensive collars from petbarn and found the exact same ones from Reject shop and Kmart for like 3 dollars, not 15. Look elsewhere before you buy from here.

April

AprilBrisbane

Idiotic management

Condescending management who wore a uniform that was too small for her rather extra large size. Staff do not seem to be trained. Never enough staff on the floor. Huge wait lines. Broken promises. Loopholes for deals. Misleading promotions. Expensive grooming. Unhappy groomers who typically try their best.

Extremely overpriced

I urgently needed some Oster Kool Lube for my dog clippers.My usual product supplier was closed over the Christmas period. Petbarn charged me $37.77 for this. This product sells at most pet product dealers for $29.95. Also I purchase Advance Oral Dog Food from my supplier at a cost of $67.71 for an 8kl bag. Petbarn price $84 plus.............Talk about OVERPRICED. :::::::::The girl on the checkout asked me if I would like to join their loyalty programme. Needless to say I declined. An absolute huge difference in prices. roughly $25 on just two items. Disgusting !!!!!!

Bad experience at Maujra Park and great service at Woden, (Canberra, ACT)

Jess

JessAdelaide

Would avoid at all costs

Usually buy my dogs food from petbarn, Elizabeth SA , as they have good prices for 20kg bags. Every time a sale is on they never have stock on the shelves, customer service is horrible,rude and unwilling to help

Terrible Unexplained Post Behaviour of our Little Dog.