Petbarn Physical store

Petbarn Physical store

Vossy

VossyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive!

I have bought a few products now from Petbarn and thought how expensive they were on each occasion. This was verified when I recently adopted a cat from RSPCA and checked out their prices. I checked three identical products and each was significantly cheaper than Petbarn. Also, any profits go directly to RSPCA, so it's really a no brainer to do all my shopping there from now on.

Store LocationNoarlunga SA
Georgia

GeorgiaPerth, WA

Bad experience in one store, remedied in the next store

Store LocationArmadale, WA
Benjamin D.Petbarn

Donski

DonskiSouth East Queensland, QLD

good service

There is decent variety, good service though prices are high, I do love i can bring my dog with me when shppping for him. staff accomodating with product knowledge. Also i became a member a while ago but only went to purchase online recently, and noticed no points were added to my account from previous instore purchases even though they ask if im a member and look it up by phone number. I only recieved points with my online purchase. Where are all the other points from previous purchases when i told them my phone number under membership ? What am i missing here? BIZZARE

Store LocationBundall queensland

Tex Mex

Staff enthusiast but lack knowledge beyond the very basics

Tex Mex

yes but I think the nitrogen cycle is the core knowledge of anyone new. This should be mandatory training. Make them watch you tube in their own time and then summarise it back.

Suzie Griffiths

Suzie Griffiths

Good service - something is always out of stock

I always get dog food from here but it seems like they are always out of royal canin instore and online. I don’t like my dog changing food as it upsets his stomach. The service I cannot fault as they are always very nice.

The G!

The G!Brisbane

Well i get 50/50 service half the time and boy they could do alot better on price with pretty much everything they sell. I mean a chew toy made of plastic for a small Chihuahua over $15 bucks good golly miss molly.

eagle

eagleNewcastle

Instore: Excellent. Online: Terrible

Shopping in a Petbarn store presents no issues for me. The staff are friendly and helpful. Prices aren't always the best though. Online is another nightmare altogether. I waited 1.5 weeks for an advertised special to be delivered, and it took a week for them to even send it out with no contact during this time (you'd think if they're advertising something they'd have it ready to send??). Unnacceptable these days when you have other companies who ship out immediately - they're the ones who now get my business.

Bertha Rho

Bertha RhoMelbourne

Nice store but......

Richmond Petbarn is an interesting store. While it is clean and well stocked and the staff polite and attentive, advice I have received pertaining to aquarium care has been somewhat naive.
Possibly this was due to inexperience and lack of knowledge but I recommend going to a dedicated aquarium store if you need advice on maintaining an aquarium.

Laura M.

Laura M.Sydney, NSW

Product Availability Issues

Donna

DonnaMelbourne

Some staff are better than others

I have been to my local Petbarn for a year now and on the odd occasion some staff seem like they can't be bothered. The prices on products are at a premium so I am expecting good customer service for that! they never seem to have the smaller kangaroo packs in stock so annoying. The rewards program is good though.

Sam

SamCanberra

Good range and helpful staff at tuggeranong

The staff at tuggeranong are always helpful, they always have a good range of products. Problem is they are way too expensive. Anything you find on their shelves you will find much cheaper elsewhere. This never used to be a problem as they had no issues price matching. Now they will only price match to standard price of their competitors, if the competitor is having a sale they won't match that price. Kind of defeats the purpose of price matching doesn't it? I will be getting my tenth bag of dog food free as per the promotion then will be buying elsewhere.

Patty

Patty

Expensive and short expiry on premium dog food

When I got my puppy 2.5 years ago, I go pet barn all the time. But after a while, I find they are very expensive as I only buy super premium dog food. Their dog food has short expiry and toys n medication are all expensive compare to other pet shops. They do send 25% discount but I find even after 25% discount is still quite expensive. Don't mind paying a bit more if the expiry date is longer but not like under 6 months. I rarely go there now. It's a shame, I quite like wellness brand. I hope their head office could do something about it

Japanese Spitz

Matt

MattBrisbane

I struggled between 2-3 stars. Ok. Seems to be the right word.

Elena Salv

Elena Salv

Pet Barn Good For Adoption

Hi! I got my kitten from here but I have found their products expensive. The catit sense senses ball game I got online for $20. Same thing in pet barn was $52! I got another ball game maze from the $2 store which cost me $2.50 the same one but different colour in Pet Barn was $30! It certainly pays to look around, especially online as some do not cost for postage.

I keep trying to get a certain kitty litter to be stocked by them. No one has answered me so far. The one that was recommended by a store persons caused my kitten respiratory problems. I chucked it out.

There have been numerous times I have brought products from elsewhere then when popping into my local Pet Barn I see the same product for ridiculous marked up prices.

JKZ

JKZNSW

If only their prices were more reasonable...

Nice store, nice staff, great range... but extremely, ridiculously overpriced to the point of "you've got to be kidding me". A simple dog toy you can find at any other store for no more than $3 is guaranteed to cost about $10 at Petbarn, so while I like shopping there, I really only do so if there's no other choice.

Sarzie Mac

Sarzie MacSydney

Great staff but overpriced products

After having not been to this store for a while I recently went in to look at their bird supplies. I generally check prices before I buy most things and was surprised that the same products could be purchased at supermarkets and Big W for around half the price. Granted some products I haven't seen elsewhere, but most things were just way to expensive to consider. As a previous reviewer has noted, the same cat food (Fancy Feast) can be bough cheaper in Coles, and it regularly goes on sale in Coles meaning you save even more. Some of the staff are knowledgable but others are simply shop assistants without pet knowledge.
Customer service is good
Same products as supermarkets but at inflated prices

RCF

RCFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too expensive!

I was pretty excited about this store opening in Bondi Junction, as I've always gone over to the one in Alexandria before, and this one is local for me. The Alexandria one is quirky with a friendly atmosphere, and the staff often seem to have their pets there. However, this store really feels like a barn, as it is quite impersonal, and the staff are nowhere near as friendly. My main complaint is the prices at Pet Barn, which are exhorbitant. Because it is such a large chain, I expected lower prices but for example, an anti-gulp bowl (to slow down fast eaters!) is $18 at Pet Barn whilst the very same product is $8 at The Cat Protection Society shop. I don't shop there anymore!