Petcover Superior Plan - Superior

See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Petcover

2.6
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (0)

Absolute Rip Off

Been with these guys (previous petplan) for 13 years. As my dog got older premium increased understandably, plus they added age excess onto the excess. Last year had to make some claims (nothing substantial couple hundred here and there). Just received my renewal which has gone from $2k to over $5k. All because of a couple of claims which all up were less than $1k. How can this be justified. No point in having insurance if when you make a claim the following year you have to pay it all back.

marilynweate
marilynweateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cancelled the policy

AFB

Rebrand definitely needed. Doesn’t help me.

Took out Petplan “insured for life” 10yearsago for 2dogs. Based on advertising at the time. Now, age excess, premiums increasing at a ridiculous rate. Wise choice to re-brand. Stain remains.

SupportPetcover

Thank you for taking the time to review us and providing your honest feedback. I have passed this feedback onto the team. If you would like to discuss your policy further, please contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 731 324.

AFB

I already contacted your CS team. They were unable to assist.

Happy to take your money but won’t provide the cover when needed.

When I signed up I had my horse vet checked and all paperwork required completed. When I made my first claim, the company won’t pay out accordingly for the vet costs relating to his injury- turns out they misleadingly indicated I had this cover each time I spoke to them, but turns out I didn’t have this cover- I only had death cover. When I queried this on two separate occasions having discussed my initial vet check paperwork with each of the staff, I was assured they would call me back after reviewing each call, and after two months I’m still waiting (whilst they are happy to keep taking my money). Would not recommend!!!!!

Pet Insurance

Find out how Petcover Superior Plan - Superior compares to other Pet Insurance

Jodie S.
Jodie S.South East Queensland, QLD

Fast, reasonable and professional

Claims were made paid within days of receiving the full history etc. very easy to deal with. Clear and concise. I would highly recommend for important and valuable sport horses as well as your pleasure horses.

Nicola Hepenstall
Nicola HepenstallGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product and wonderful service. Peace of mind!

Our new puppy is covered and we have had such a wonderful experience. We’ve had to make a claim after the puppy had an accident. The team are excellent! Quick to respond and our claim was paid with in a week.

Quite expensive, but having the 3rd party cover gives me such peace of mind

Having to complete paper forms to claim is a bit of a hassle, and my cover went up by around 30% after the 1st year. That said, it is comprehensive and given my puppy has a clotting disorder I'll need it for the rest of his life and I am guaranteed cover.