Petcover
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Petcover

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (185)
    • 1-2 weeks (177)
    • 2-4 weeks (86)
    • 1-2 months (46)
    • 3+ months (26)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (460) · No (31)

Stephanie Wood
Stephanie Wood Sydney, NSW

Great cover for exotic pets

Our rabbit is insured with Petcover as the only provider for small mammals and exotic pets. So far we have had a great experience with Petcover and our policy - it has been easy to get in contact them and they have been quick to respond to claims. I would highly recommend them.

Claim Made Yes

Fully supported fast response

I have been with Petcover for only 8 weeks. My puppy has been sick twice during this time. My claims have been paid in 7-8 days. Over $8,000 to date.

Nicola Hepenstall
Nicola HepenstallGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product and wonderful service. Peace of mind!

Our new puppy is covered and we have had such a wonderful experience. We’ve had to make a claim after the puppy had an accident. The team are excellent! Quick to respond and our claim was paid with in a week.

Alina DSydney, NSW

Will try to exclude your pet unfairly and unethically

Alina D

You guys are a bunch of scammers!! I have gone with Trupanion who cover my pup fully and didn’t try slap ridiculous exclusions on her for normal worming treatment and prebiotics. Pathetic!

Find out how Petcover compares to other Pet Insurance

Reliable, fair, fast & a relief

Our dog of almost 13 years was diagnosed with a rare neck tumour with no options for him to survive. While the outcome was awful, visiting different vets to get a diagnosis, getting a very expensive MRI, CT, a stay at emergency for two nights and so on, came to over $6500 within a matter of weeks. Without Petplan, just getting the diagnosis and care in his last few weeks would have been impossible. Turnaround was fast and we even received a refund dated from the day of his death to the day we cancelled. So, thank you.
The other time we had a significant-ish claim, it was also quick and easy. If we ever get another dog, we'll definitely use them again from day one. Compared to RSPCA pet insurance, I highly recommend Petplan.

Total peace of mind

We recently insured our 8 year old Labrador and our new Labrador puppy with PetCover. The consultants were friendly and very clear about the policy inclusions and cost. When our 6 month old puppy required shoulder surgery PetCover paid the full claim (minus excess) within 2 days. They are professional, reliable and ethical.

Ellen B.
Ellen B.Perth, WA

Value for money, but beware of excess!

This policy is easy to set up and claims are processed quickly. The policy is worth investing in, and covers a large range of issues and emergencies, but beware of excess fees on claims.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Great service!

Policy was easy to set up. We have had to make a claim recently, I did it online. Form was a little difficult to find at first but the claim was settled in less than a week. Very easy process.

Jan
Jan

Pet plan pluses and minuses

Quite expensive, but having the 3rd party cover gives me such peace of mind

Having to complete paper forms to claim is a bit of a hassle, and my cover went up by around 30% after the 1st year. That said, it is comprehensive and given my puppy has a clotting disorder I'll need it for the rest of his life and I am guaranteed cover.

Maree
MareeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Pet plan has saved my life and my 2 dachshunds lives- Im so grateful Ive been with them for nearly 10 years.

Pet plan has saved my 2 dachshunds lives on at least 3 occasions now . I'm so grateful Ive been with them for nearly 10 years and they have paid out 100% for 3 IVDD surgeries and all their rehab and hydrotherapy for my 2 dachshunds less the $150 excess. I think Petplan has paid over $30k on my dogs surgery and rehab now over 5 years. I constantly recommend them to everyone I meet who has a dachshund.

Nina
NinaSydney

Claims service is terrible, premiums have gone up significantly, older cats hit with 30% extra excess on all claims.

Jenni
JenniPerth, WA

Another review on the unwarranted premium increase

Didn't review my policy until I checked my bank account and my premium has increased over 30% for a not yet three year old maltese shih tzu cross. The excuse of the 'profile' of the breed requiring the increase is not acceptable.
The arrogance of both your customer service and loyalty staff members is beyond comment.
I'm off to insure elsewhere.

Ivan L.
Ivan L.South East Queensland, QLD

UPDATED: ISSUE RESOLVED Employees play pass the buck – no genuine customer care

Elle
ElleSydney, NSW

Not worth it

Our insurance premiums have suddenly almost doubled. Our pets are still young ‘uns and we’ve never made a claim! We decided to cancel. Pet insurance might be a good idea if you have a breed prone to issues, but for healthy mongrels/moggies it’s not worth it.

Vanessa
VanessaPerth, WA

Very disappointing

The monthly premium for our dog went up by almost 60% (!!!) on renewal this year. (From $54.20 to $85.93.)

He is 2 years old, mixed breed, extremely healthy. He’s been insured since puppyhood. We’ve never made a claim.

I asked for information on why it increased so much. Petplan unwilling to explain, beyond a generic list of possible reasons that didn’t apply.

Customer service clearly couldn’t be bothered to look into it - when I asked if it could be a mistake, they immediately said definitely not, but wouldn’t give any further details.

Very disappointing. We’ve cancelled the policies for both our dogs.

What a relief!

Petplan was recommended to us from the breeder we used and our regular vet. From the moment our Golden Retrieve ate a heap of chocolate.. i knew we definitely needed pet insurance! 1 year last. and our golden retriever ended up with a huge vet bill after ending up in ICU with gastro! Even though we had to outlay the expenses first, Petplan reimbursed us within 2 weeks of lodging our claim (minus the excess of $150) Insurance literally just paid for itself!

Liz
LizSydney, NSW

Relieved

Claim Made Yes

Significant Premium increase :(

We have been with PetPlan for almost 2 years. We have just received our plan renewal and it had increased by 36%. This is very excessive. Call Centre were not able to review our policy or help in any way.

Jodie
Jodie

Policy number - MCNA-0223

Darren Fraser
Darren FraserGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

We have been with Petplan for 7 years and are very happy. Very easy to communicate with and any claims have been hassle free and promptly paid each and every time

Laura Ricca
Laura RiccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best insurance in terms of coverage

Merran Wilson
Merran WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Misinformation & petty beaucrocracy

Felt the policy was good value when I signed up my 8 week puppy. HOWEVER at no stage was I told that the cost (unlike human health insurance) would increase dramatically based on my pets increasing age. I did keep premiums however and finally had an emergency to claim for when she was nearly 8 years old. I was absolutely gobsmacked when I was asked for a full veterinary history!!! I asked why & was told she might have had a pre-existing condition. From prior to 8 weeks old????? And which hasn’t troubled her for 8 years??? Bureaucracy at its best. Claim was however dealt with promptly to give credit where it’s due. However I would have liked to be more informed when closing the policy

Happy Customer
Happy CustomerWestern Australia

Fantastic Cover and piece of mind

Fantastic service. Fast and efficient claims process. Two claims already for our five year old red heeler, both expensive knee surgeries. Petplan was recommended to us by a family member and we have been beyond impressed with them. Only negative is the paperwork claims process. We will be insuring our next pet with Petplan for sure. Great job!

Highly Recommend

No problems at all with Petplan insurance. Processes claims quickly and without question. No hassles. Have looked after our dog through several major surgeries. Highly recommend this company and its products.

Carly S.
Carly S.Sydney, NSW

Perfect plan

Our Vet recommended Petplan for our miniature Dachshund & I’m so happy we’ve stayed with them. Daisy had an incident recently & Petplan was no issue & we received reimbursement so quickly. Thank you Petplan!!!