Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 1 (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Classic 1 (Dogs)

Teetee Ades

Teetee AdesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PetPlan have been amazing. Been with them for 4 years. Only had one claim and it was processed through super quick and was informed via sms and email. Highly recommend.

Insurance reimbursement

No issues at all in getting reimbursed. Quick and professional! I received an sms advising me that the claim had been received and an email to let me know the result.

TLH

TLHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Insurance that just works

Policy was easy to set up, just flowed on from complimentary cover provided by breeder. My Border Collie had eye surgery in his first 12 months. Petplan were great paid claim in 1 week. He now has a major joint condition requiring ongoing and sometimes expensive treatment, Petplan, again, have been great all claims settled within 3-4 days.
We have been with Petplan for 2 and a half years and am so happy with the cover. I continue to recommend Petplan to my friends and urge everyone to consider Petpan for their animals

Was so happy I decided to go with PetPlan insurance

Have had my policy for five years and had to make a claim, found Petplan to be very professional and efficient with the minimum of fuss. The claim was paid direct to my bank account within 2 weeks of forwarding the claim. Very happy policy holder.

Rebecca Campbell

Rebecca CampbellMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worth every penny!

I've been with pet plan since I got my beautiful little boy. Best thing I ever did. My Italian greyhound has broken both legs within the space of two years and needed surgery costing over $15,000 in total.
I've never had any issues when claiming back. Turn around time to get the funds back was around 4 - 6 weeks. Brilliant company!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019

kirsty_mungly

kirsty_munglyMelbourne

Excellent value and great service

The policy has been of excellent value. I initially has been hesitant about getting pet insurance but found that within a few months of joining Petplan I've made 6 claims due to my pet's ongoing condition.
It has been a peace of mind knowing that I've paid for X-rays and medical exams and that it was all covered and that there had been no fuss with getting my reimbursements organised promptly within 1 week via the straightforward and simple online claim process.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Worth every dollar

Highly recommend for dog owners. It is a real peace of mind to have the policy at hand. We have been with Petplan for 5 years or pretty much since we have our dog. We claimed it twice and there is no fuss about doing it at all. It is really straightforward to set up a policy with them and very easy to make a claim.

Stew

StewNew South Wales

A happy dog and financial piece of mind.

Even though my dog is only 10 months old she required major surgery on her hip to alleviate constant pain. Having Petplan insurance meant that I could concentrate on my pups well being without the stress of how to pay for her procedure.

Mark O

Mark OAU

Great value and excellent service

Very easy to set up and friendly staff
Each time we have made a claim it’s been resolved in a timely manner
2 years now as our pappy is only 2 years old

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

Definitely worth having pet insurance with Petplan

Overall the policy has been good value for us. My only quibble is that there seems to be an inconsistency in applying excess. I have called about this in the past to get more information but my call wasn’t returned.We have had our dog covered since he was 8 weeks old, he is now almost 7. Unfortunately he has developed a couple of ongoing health issues which we are covered for by Petplan. This is an enormous help to us in managing his ongoing care. We have lodged numerous claims and they are generally resolved within a few weeks. My most recent claims have been resolved within 1 week.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Karri Christie

Karri ChristiePerth, WA

Fantastic service and prompt payment.

We have been with Petplan for 7 years. We have had two big claims, which were promptly paid with no hassles. I highly recommend using Petplan for your pet insurance.

Hannah

HannahWestern Australia

Can't recommend enough

I cannot recommend Petplan enough! They have been fantastic paying any claims over the last four years, from covering emergency vet visits to allergies. Just the other week we found our dog playing with a tiger snake in the backyard, and rushed him to the vet. It gave me so much peace of mind to know that he could get the testing and treatment he needed because I knew Petplan would reimburse us the cost. Every claim I have ever submitted was reviewed and processed in less than a week, with the money going straight back in to my account.

MEG

MEGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would have been in Dire Straits without it.

Claim DateMarch 2019

Leanne and Ken Houston

Leanne and Ken HoustonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic product and great service.

We have had this product for over 2 years and had to recently claim. The process was easy and staff were supportive. The claim was processed quickly. This product has been great.

Jessica

JessicaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor value for money

Monthly premiums for my dog (a small, healthy breed) started at $47.12. Recently my renewal came and the monthly premium for my healthy, 4y/o dog is now $93.22! This is for a basic plan. I shudder to think how much the premiums will be when he's elderly, so I cancelled the policy and will now self-insure - something I wish I had done from the start. These plans are not value for money.

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Jodie F.

Jodie F.Mid North Coast, NSW

100% Best Pet Insurance Company

I can not fault Petplan Pet Insurance I would of been in a lot of trouble without it. Every aspect has been easy from setting it up to claiming and refund any cost. I was only with this company for a couple of months before my much loved dog injured her ACL a very costly op was necessary my dog then reinjured the same leg a couple of weeks post surgery and 100% of this has been covered by Petplan. I would recommend this insurance for everyone 10/10 company to deal with I can not thank them enough.

Claim DateJuly 2019

Suzanne M

Suzanne MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Petplan paid all my claims!

Can’t rate them highly enough. Our dog had a number of issues in her first 12 months amounting to $10k and they have never failed to come through. Most was paid under insurance. Life savers! I highly recommend them. They’re quick to pay claims (1 week) and easy to deal with. They’re not as cheap as others but they cover the most, for life and they don’t balk on claims. No regrets here. Thank you PetPlan!

Number of Pets2 pets

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

Customer service and value for money on the decline

We have been with petplan for 3 years. In the beginning we received excellent service and timely returns. Since we have joined, our same coverage has gone up each year (in total $400+) while the service has slowly degraded over time.
This 3rd year, one of our claims for an accident, we didn't receive a timely return nor receive proper response. I had to call several times and each time the query had not been recorded or progressed. We have decided to change as we have seen a noticeable degradation in service with an increase of fees.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019

highly recommended

Petplan have always paid out claims in a speedy fashion. Unfortunately for my beloved dog, she has incurred significant veterinary expenses in her life of six years. Petplan has never quibbled about the claims. They also always answer the phone quickly and courteously. It gives me great peace of mind knowing that money isn't going to be a factor in deciding whether my girl receives treatment or not.

Dem

DemTownsville

Great service and fast payment

As a veterinarian, pet insurance has always been crucial and Petplan is recognised as a very reputable company within the vet industry. I submitted a claim late last week and the refund was already in my account this week - very happy with the prompt service. Thank you !