Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Dogs)

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

Darren Fraser

Darren FraserGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

We have been with Petplan for 7 years and are very happy. Very easy to communicate with and any claims have been hassle free and promptly paid each and every time

Claim DateJune 2020

Highly Recommend

No problems at all with Petplan insurance. Processes claims quickly and without question. No hassles. Have looked after our dog through several major surgeries. Highly recommend this company and its products.

Claim DateJune 2020

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

Pet plan has been fantastic with all my dogs I have had they are the best .

Policy is great, always pay quickly.
Been with petplan at least 10 years .I have recommended pet plan to many people who also have been very happy with them.
They are fantastic

Pet Insurance

Find out how Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Dogs) compares to other Pet Insurance

Jo jo

Jo joHunter Region, NSW

Very happy we have this insurance. No exclusions on ACL repairs

We have been with Pet plan for 6 years. Our Border Collie had complimentary cover from the breeder and we kept the cover going. Petplan pricing is very reasonable in our opinion. The cover is excellent. We have claimed and on each occasion the process was easy and very fast. The claim this year was refunded in 3 days.
We insure our health, and doing the same for our furbaby was has the same.

Claim DateMarch 2020

Lore

LorePerth, WA

Should be awarded a SHONKY and put into the hall of shame

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2017
Marina

MarinaPerth, WA

Petplan you are our hero

We have been with Petplan for over 15 years - over the life of a few furbabies and we couldn't be happier. Not the cheapest but they cover GSD breed issues

Claim DateNovember 2019
Number of Pets3 pets
Westie owner

Westie ownerPerth, WA

Premium more than doubled on renewal!!!

My dog's renewal notice just came through at twice the cost of last year (now nudging $2000 pa).
The explanation of the staff was that the risk is priced for individual breeds - but surely they would have known when I took out the policy that I had a higher risk breed? Hugely disappointing...

Claim MadeNo
Debbie Lancaster

Debbie LancasterMid North Coast, NSW

Fantastic cover for our four legged family member

The policy is good value for providing medical for our dog. It was easy to set up and our lodged claims are usually processed within a month of payment. At times the delay in resolving our claim (close to 4weeks) can be a little frustrating, however notification of payment and amount paid is good. We have been with Petplan for 3years. I advise friends and family to look into insurance for their new pet with Petplan as we are happy with the coverage and service.

Claim DateNovember 2019

TiarneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

We were with pet plan for 3 years and everytime our policy was up for renewal the monthly premium rose from between $30-$50 a month! The latest rise meant we were paying more for our dog then our own health insurance. When I approached petplan they simple responded with generic emails. Terrible service!

Claim DateDecember 2017
Tiarne

Your staff only ever respond with genetic emails, we have already canceled our policy.

Fiona

FionaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Petplan is amazing !!

We have been with Petplan for 5 years and they have always been amazing. Our dog had a diagnosis of hip displaysia and they have always paid out on all claims without question. I highly recommend them as they have always been helpful and worth the policy amount. I think they are better than my own health insurance which is WAY more expensive.

Professor Scott Wright

Professor Scott WrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful, awful customer service

Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedNo
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

Necessary

The policy suits our needs for our two Labradors, we have claimed a couple of time and are happy with the communication and speed of there response to our claims. we have been with pet plan for a period of around 3 years

daniel r.

daniel r.Perth, WA

awesome cover

very easy to set up online. its been very easy to lodge a claim when my dog was in and out of the vet and over numerous days to different vets, they were pretty quick with resolving the claims i put in

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Lauren

LaurenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing!

I have had my 2 dogs covered with Petplan for well over 10 years. My claims are processed promptly & fairly. My oldest boy wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for their coverage of his ongoing treatment & medications (a mix of conventional & alternative therapy). The customer service representatives are always a pleasure to talk to and are always helpful. Thank you so much Petplan - your insurance reduces a lot of the stress that comes with my fur babies being in their senior years.

Kayak Fun

Kayak Fun

Thank Goodness for Petplan!

Although pricing has increased since I first started when Lyla was a pup, the customer service is fantastic. It was easy to get the quote and start the policy. The claims I submit are acknowledged and processed in within a week, sometimes a bit longer depending on their demands. I feel so relieved that if Lyla is sick or in an emergency, I can take her to a vet without stressing about whether I can afford to take her in case she needs treatment. The only concern I have is that I have to find the money first to pay for her treatment. I have been with Petplan for almost 4 years now and highly recommend it. It's just peace of mind!

Julie Watson

Julie WatsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent coverage

It was easy to set up our policy and lodge a claim through our emails. We have been with the insurance since August 2017 when Lola was only a couple of months old.

Good and bad

Majority of the time I have been pretty happy with the claim process. I have 2 dogs on top cover. Recently I have tried numerous times to contact Petplan via email about an on going claim that I have been charged an excess multiple times. My emails get replied to sometimes and then ignored. Not a great customer service experience. I still haven’t been refunded the amount I’m owed.

Claim DateDecember 2018

Narelle37

Narelle37Dalby

Will never take it out again

Claim was paid promptly but I had to find the money to pay my local vet & specialist vet first.
I struggled to pay Petplan every month because I didn’t have spare money available for large vet bills only to find when I needed it I had to pay the invoices first.
My beautiful dog died at only 5 years of age.
I will never take out pet insurance again.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Tracy and Rob

Tracy and RobPerth, WA

Payments made swiftly upon recent of claim

We've been with Petplan since bringing our Golden Retriever home at the age of 8 weeks. At about 18 months, he started suffering severe allergic reactions to a number of things. He's now 5yo - ongoing monthly treatment is required to keep allergies under control. Petplan are reimbursing the cost of treatment within 24-48 hours of receiving our claim these days. It isn't the cheapest insurer but the cover and service have been excellent

Great idea !

Easy to set up, fast to resolve claims . It is our first pet insurance ever ! We are very pleased that our pet came with breeder insurance has proven to be very useful

Claim DateSeptember 2019