Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Dogs)

Petplan Pet Insurance - Covered For Life Ultimate (Dogs)

Fiona

FionaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Petplan is amazing !!

We have been with Petplan for 5 years and they have always been amazing. Our dog had a diagnosis of hip displaysia and they have always paid out on all claims without question. I highly recommend them as they have always been helpful and worth the policy amount. I think they are better than my own health insurance which is WAY more expensive.

Professor Scott Wright

Professor Scott WrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful, awful customer service

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Necessary

The policy suits our needs for our two Labradors, we have claimed a couple of time and are happy with the communication and speed of there response to our claims. we have been with pet plan for a period of around 3 years

daniel r.

daniel r.Perth, WA

awesome cover

very easy to set up online. its been very easy to lodge a claim when my dog was in and out of the vet and over numerous days to different vets, they were pretty quick with resolving the claims i put in

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Lauren

LaurenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing!

I have had my 2 dogs covered with Petplan for well over 10 years. My claims are processed promptly & fairly. My oldest boy wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for their coverage of his ongoing treatment & medications (a mix of conventional & alternative therapy). The customer service representatives are always a pleasure to talk to and are always helpful. Thank you so much Petplan - your insurance reduces a lot of the stress that comes with my fur babies being in their senior years.

Kayak Fun

Kayak Fun

Thank Goodness for Petplan!

Although pricing has increased since I first started when Lyla was a pup, the customer service is fantastic. It was easy to get the quote and start the policy. The claims I submit are acknowledged and processed in within a week, sometimes a bit longer depending on their demands. I feel so relieved that if Lyla is sick or in an emergency, I can take her to a vet without stressing about whether I can afford to take her in case she needs treatment. The only concern I have is that I have to find the money first to pay for her treatment. I have been with Petplan for almost 4 years now and highly recommend it. It's just peace of mind!

Julie Watson

Julie WatsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent coverage

It was easy to set up our policy and lodge a claim through our emails. We have been with the insurance since August 2017 when Lola was only a couple of months old.

Good and bad

Majority of the time I have been pretty happy with the claim process. I have 2 dogs on top cover. Recently I have tried numerous times to contact Petplan via email about an on going claim that I have been charged an excess multiple times. My emails get replied to sometimes and then ignored. Not a great customer service experience. I still haven’t been refunded the amount I’m owed.

Claim DateDecember 2018

Narelle37

Narelle37Dalby

Will never take it out again

Claim was paid promptly but I had to find the money to pay my local vet & specialist vet first.
I struggled to pay Petplan every month because I didn’t have spare money available for large vet bills only to find when I needed it I had to pay the invoices first.
My beautiful dog died at only 5 years of age.
I will never take out pet insurance again.

Hugo's mum

Hugo's mumPerth, WA

Payments made swiftly upon recent of claim

We've been with Petplan since bringing our Golden Retriever home at the age of 8 weeks. At about 18 months, he started suffering severe allergic reactions to a number of things. He's now 5yo - ongoing monthly treatment is required to keep allergies under control. Petplan are reimbursing the cost of treatment within 24-48 hours of receiving our claim these days. It isn't the cheapest insurer but the cover and service have been excellent

Great idea !

Easy to set up, fast to resolve claims . It is our first pet insurance ever ! We are very pleased that our pet came with breeder insurance has proven to be very useful

Nerida Hemingway

Nerida HemingwaySouth East Queensland, QLD

it has made having a pet who needs surgery stress free

Claim DateApril 2019

Mary Davis

Mary DavisSouth East Queensland, QLD

So glad we purchased this cover when Charlie was a puppy -

Poor Charlie is epileptic so he has had numerous seizures and needs medication twice daily he also has acupuncture to help reduce episodes
He has recently had a tumour in the White of his eye and now has a trapped femoral nerve - so far we have had a good experience with his claims so couldn’t fault them at all at this stage

Ken White

Ken WhiteCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent Service

Very prompt payments of claims and very professional and courteous handling of telephone calls. Overall very happy, although the cost of insurance is becoming more and more expensive each year.

November 3rd 2019 Update: Our puppy dog Cabal

Policy was great for paying the expenses of our beloved puppy, Cabal. Claims were paid out quickly and without question..very satisfied with your service. Unfortunately Cabal has deceased, so no further survey is requested

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

Petplan was great and paid out immediately when we lost our Orla

we had Orla our westie insured since she was two months old, and I did think it expensive but as it turned out It was a sound decision as we recently lost her, she was only 3 years and 6 months. With the insurance we were able to get her the best veterinary treatment at our local animal referral hospital . Petplan personnel were very helpful and caring when I contacted them. I’m just waiting for the death benefit claim to be processed.

Number of Pets3 pets

SIX STARS!!

We have had amazing service and our claims are covered and PAID quickly! We have had a few issues with Nandi’s skin and despite the high cost of treatment we have not been overly burned due to Petplan’s help.

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

Best investment we made before our dog arrived at our home.

Our Dog is nearly 5 years old, we have had PetPlan insurance for her before she came to us as a puppy. I have never had pet insurance before. PetPlan are amazing and worth the fairly expensive monthly contribution. We have, unfortunately had to claim and they have been fair and responsive. I highly recommend this company every time I talk people considering new companion animal.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

I really like the policy until petplan doubled the premium, absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!

We were insured for 3 years, and very happy. Petplan made payment in a prompt manner. A bit expensive but we made a few claims, but then they doubled their premiums.

Shane Fry
Shane Fry

Policy was Petplan Policy Details-FRYA-0026-DUPN-00000001. I emailed yesterday regarding our issue, however only received a notification of cancellation yesterday.

Very supportive

Petplan has always supported Jake and Mojo since they were a puppy and kitten. Jake has an on-going health issue with his skin and his policy gives him the best care.

Review collected in partnership with Petplan

The freedom that comes knowing that vet bills aren't an issue.

My pugalier presented with epilepsy at age 3 months and his vet bills were completely covered from the outset. This meant that I never found myself in the awful position of having to choose anything but the best of care based on cost. I could focus solely on looking after my best mate.