PetSecure - Accident & Illness Cover

PetSecure - Accident & Illness Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (36)
    • 1-2 weeks (43)
    • 2-4 weeks (15)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (88) · No (1)
Helen M.

Helen M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off, don't look after long term customers

Persecute have paid the few times I've claimed, but the premium went from $50 to $70 then last year when Polly turned 11yrs it went to $135 per month and this year they now demand $169 per month. Shes never been sick.. feel totally ripped off. Looking elsewhere..

Claim MadeNo
Toni hall

Toni hallSouth East Queensland, QLD

So glad I have pet insurance

I have had pet insurance with this company for over 10 years and have had 4 dogs insured. Claime was lodged on the 26 January 2021 and processed on the 8 February 2021. Receiving 85% of a $3500 vet bill was absolutely fantastic

Hayley Patterson

Hayley PattersonCentral Queensland, QLD

Great value for money.

Petsecure have paid promptly and without fuss. The last two claims have been quite expensive and traumatic for us. Our little one was sick and then injured. Its good to know they've got you covered

Pet Insurance

Find out how PetSecure - Accident & Illness Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Having PetSecure meant we could treat our dogs cancer

I have had a policy with PetSecure for my 11 year old dog since she came home. Like lots of people I questioned whether the premiums were worth it over the years, having only claimed a few times. That was until she was diagnosed with an aggressive hemangiosarcoma a few months ago. She needed surgery to remove the tumour, follow up wound care and has now started on chemotherapy. Without this policy we would have had to say goodbye to our beloved girl by now as we would not have been able to afford her treatment. Claims are processed quickly. Hoping a system similar to HICAPS is introduced in the future.

Skyelar

SkyelarAU

Never had a problem

We haven’t had a problem when needing to claim

All good been with company years and have about 8 animals insured with you claims have been good that can be done through the vet and on Computer
Makes things easier and more efficient

Best pet insurance cover.

Over the last 8 years I have never had a problem with a claim. Petsecure have been polite and helpful when I have rung them, and they have recently been able to pay out claims quite quickly.

Smooth transaction

Can't complain for the nth time. Good experience with my claims. It was quick and easy. I have nothing to worry about with my pet's health. Great product! Thank you

Blythe

BlytheSydney, NSW

Super easy to claim and fast service!

Premiums are reasonably priced and we has no issues with my recent claim that was an easy to process online and was paid super fast!! Really pleased with the service

Glad we have it

I have had my 2 cavaliers with Petsecure since 2009. During this time petsecure have quickly paid claims, even ones that I had missed putting in and were 18months old. I have received value for money. I have had one dog with Syringomyelia and all tests including MRI scan, and flights to Sydney covered for diagnosis and treatment. both have with MVD and again no issues with claiming. Have also had one with a broken hip and one who choked on a chicken bone needing emergency surgery to remove,These aren't the only claims over the years, but the most expensive. Note: 1 dog now deceased
Policy from what I remember was extremely easy to set up and has been easy to claim from. No arguments or refusal to pay.

Review collected in partnership with PetSecure

The process was slow and frustrating.

We've been with Petsecure for a couple of years. Will stay with them even though there was a few little problems lodging our claim. Hopefully they'll improve with the process. We were happy with setting up the policy over the phone.

James Kelly

James KellyPerth, WA

Highly recommended company.

User friendly website to submit claims which is awesome and it takes 7 days to receive your claims provided all documents are submitted properly.Helpful team as well so all good so far.I have been with Pet secure for the past 10 years never had any issues with them so thank you.

Liz W.PetSecure

Thanks very much James for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are so happy with our service! And thank you for your loyalty over the past 10 years. We hope you and your pet are staying safe!

kathie

kathieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Would not be without it.

With two loved Golden Retrievers I am rarely out of pocket. Great value and annual premiums paid for after one or two claims! Wish human private insurance was as good!

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Kathie, thank you so much for your review. So good to hear that you are happy with your policy. I hope you and your two dogs are safe and well.

Yasinta

Yasinta

Fast and hassle free

Very great company. Easy to.claim when we needed the most. We got the claim approved and money received within 48 hours
Greatly appreciated.

Nearly 6 years with company and Infins it has a very good value

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Yasinta - thanks for your review. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with your policy. Hope you and your pet are safe and well. Liz

ROSLYN

ROSLYNSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy!

I lodged my claim online through the PetSecure portal which was easy. Reimbursement was made direct into my account very quickly after providing the required documents so I'm very happy.

Liz W.PetSecure

Thanks very much for your great review Roslyn!

Jennifer Williamson

Jennifer WilliamsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Insurance has saved the lives of 2 of my dogs I wouldn't be without it

When you are faced with your buddy being put to sleep or paying a lot of money to keep it alive it is a God send to have pet insurance. It has saved me the horrible choice on a number of occasions. I have been with Pet Secure now for a over a decade and have never had a bad experience.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that Petsecure has been able to "come to the rescue". Thank you for your loyalty over the past 10 years. Stay safe!

Robyn Felman

Robyn FelmanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic .. great service

I felt with three dogs , the policy is quite expensive and I feel there should be a discount for each additional dog that you include. This way people with more than one dog will be more likely to be able to afford pet insurance

SM1974

SM1974Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Super easy & Super quick

Lodging a claim online is super easy and then the turnaround time to receive my rebate has been maximum of 3 days. Being with PetSecure has definitely given me peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong I can afford to do it and more importantly keep my pet healthy.

Liz W.PetSecure

HI! Thanks so much for your review - great to hear that having Petsecure Pet Insurance in place has given you some peace of mind! Warm regards, Liz

Princess Li

Princess LiPerth, WA

I am SO happy we took out insurance with PetSecure!!

We have a rescue Shar Pei Cross. We decided to take insurance, so we never have to worry about $$ if he is ever sick. So far we have made a few claims, all were made easily, no issues, no problems. Paid in a very reasonable time.
No hassle insurance for peace of mind is what we pay for, and it is exactly what we got. Super happy and 100% recommending!
Thank you PetSecure!

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Princess Li - thank you so much for your lovely review. Hope you and your Shar Pei Cross are happy, healthy and safe!

Best decision I made!

Fantastic company! Always paid out claims even a huge 5k one when my girl was in emergency overnight. Fantastic and prompt customer service! Look no further! They have even waived my fees out of goodwill twice for me (for 2-3 months) because of financial difficulty due to the coronavirus. Could not fault them honestly the best pet insurance company.
I am forever grateful. Thank you

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Ashlee - we very much appreciate your positive review and we’re pleased to hear you’re happy with our service. Sorry to hear your girl had an emergency event. Very stressful. Hope all is well now. Warm regards, Liz