PetSecure - Accident & Illness Cover

PetSecure - Accident & Illness Cover

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (18) · <1 week (14) · 2-4 weeks (10) · 3+ months (1) · 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (42) · No (0)

Never again!

Claim process too lengthy and generally have issues with uploading documents for claims. When I cancelled my policy, they continued to charges me an additional 2 months and stated it a was in their Terms and Conditions.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hello Anonymous, I am sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience, and I am sorry to hear you have cancelled your policy. If there is anything that I can do to assist, please let me know. Liz

Anonymous
Anonymous

Hi Liz, it would be appreciated if you could refund the premiums taken off my bank account after I cancelled the pet insurance. Thanks.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Anonymous- can you send me your policy details and I will look into it? Thanks Liz

Kirk

KirkHobart, TAS

I sincerely wish that Human Health Insurance were even half as good as PetSecure

I have had a great experience with PetSecure. I have two dogs, and my previous dog was with PetSecure too. When my girl got sick a month ago, and she needed to be go overnight to the emergency after hours clinic, it was a real comfort to know that we had the solidity of PetSecure behind us. I have never dealt with a more straightforward and hassle-free insurer in any other domain (health, car, home ...).

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Kirk, thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear that your girl got so sick - but thankfully you had insurance in place, so had help with the costs. All the best to you and your dog in 2020. Warm regards, Liz

Great coverage

Quick and efficient claims process through multiple vet hospitals. The coverage has really helped financially during the first year of our puppy’s life. Ingesting the wrong things is customary with puppy’s and the claims have been paid out in full with respect to our coverage.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Jarrad - thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that the cover has helped you financially during your first year of “puppyhood”! It’s amazing how they find things to eat everywhere! Warm regards for 2020. Liz

Reiner

ReinerGreat Southern, WA

Need to review upfront cost per claims.

All pet insurance was given Shonky awards 2019 by choice. The problem is they are blanketed by common exclusions which limits there ability to meet consumer demands. In addition to this the upfront cost on each claim can be thousands which can be difficult for most.

Glenice Ives

Glenice IvesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is a good service but it is very expensive. A $300 (25%) increase in one year is unacceptable.

I have been with PetSecure for 10 years and now have 2 dogs with PetSecure. I have found them very good in relation to claims provided the vet has given sufficient information. However they are very expensive. A $300 (25%) increase in one year is unacceptable. I also have problem with the $300 limit on consultations in one year. Recently one of my dogs had one problem that required 3 consults at local vet and one specialist consult and the $300 was gone with one problem.

Shane W.

Shane W.Perth, WA

Made many claims. Always pay and very prompt and professional. Couldn't have done without it!

Been with this company for years. Made many claims and never had a problem. Even with a sausage dog and 3 back ops :(. Recommend this company, we would of been lost without it!

Hayley Patterson

Hayley PattersonCentral Queensland, QLD

Very poor customer service

Informed we would wait 5 to 7 working days for reimbursement after claim was assessed. Gave all requested documents immediately. With each call they said they had all the necessary requested documentation until a month later when they needed more. Finally after 7 weeks, many phone calls, lots of anxiety and resorting to threats of litigation reimbursement was put into our account . Won't be renewing with petsecure.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Satisfied customer

Took separate Policies for 2 cats. good value for money and claims process quite fast with payment going straight into account. I have recommended this type of PetSecure policy to family and friends.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Mother of Bengals - thank you very much for your review. Pleased to hear you’re happy with your policy, and thank you also for recommending PetSecure! Warm wishes for the year ahead. Liz

An absolute life saver

I took out my Petsecure Insurance when my Labrador was 8 weeks old.
When she was one she started having Epileptic Seizures, after lots of tests, she was to be medicated for her life. This medication is super expensive in animals, my pet insurance has always covered 85% of her medication & associated tests.
She is now a 7 year old happy Lab, never have I had an issue with Petsecure in those 7 years, it has been a great support to know they have me covered. It has been an awesome investment.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Julie - thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear your Lab is able to lead a happy life, in spite of having a medical condition! All the best to both of you for 2020! Liz

Review collected in partnership with PetSecure

No headaches, peace of mind!

We have PetSecure ever since we bought our 1st dog Jose (he is 10now) after 1 year we bought Flor and she completed our family. We opted for the 85% plan and never had problem with the eventual claim. Its very peace of mind

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Isabel, thank you for your review! We are pleased that this cover gives you peace of mind - and we appreciate your loyalty. Warm regards, Liz

Extortionists

Policy states 85% coverage. Common ailments like teeth are not covered at all. Other common ailments like cruciate ligaments, cover is reduced significantly. Claims drag on for months, trying to find references to preexistance.

Number of Pets5 pets
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019

Blakey48

Blakey48Perth, WA

Good cover a prompt service.

The policy was easy to set up and I think it is reasonable good value. With the exception of a little hiccup early on in the policy my claims have been accepted and paid promptly. My dog will be 4 on January 9 and he has been covered in all of that time.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Blakey - thank you for your review and feedback. I hope all your future interactions will run smoothly! Warm regards for 2020. Liz

Paul Terrett

Paul TerrettCentral, TAS

Good unless you need assistance

The policy was good initially but back of house customer service is non existent. They never return calls and understanding them is very difficult. To be more effective they need a call centre in Australia where they do not rely on scripts for customer service.

Number of Pets7 pets
Claim MadeNo
Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Paul - thank you for your review and feedback. I will ensure this is passed on to our administrators - and I hope we’ll do better next time. Warm regards for 2020. Liz

Roslyn Parker

Roslyn ParkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick Service

We have been with you a few years and are happy with your good service. We are handled in a professional manner. Also we receive payment within a reasonable time.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Roslyn, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service and you’ve received payments in good time. We believe that’s very important. Warm regards and all the best for 2021. Liz

Review collected in partnership with PetSecure

good to have as backup for when your dog needs vet assistance.

Have been with petsecure ever since I bought my dog - he is now 10. Claiming took a couple of weeks but it was easy. Would be great if insurance companies covered preventative dental surgery though - that would help ease the cost and burden a little. All in all though we have found petsecure to be good value.

Diamond Girl

Diamond GirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

So glad I took the Cover out for my Darling Sheltie 10yrs ago

Have only claimed two times in about 10yrs. - both claims very promptly settled and money in account within about 7-10 days. No problems whatsoever. Excellent service from PetSecure, would certainly recommend it for pet lovers.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Diamond Girl! Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with the service - and thank you too for recommending Petsecure! Warm wishes for the festive season! Liz

Susie

SusieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent cover and so easy to claim

I have been with Petsecure for about 17 years. I think it is good value for money and making a claim is so easy and convenient! It gives me peace of mind.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Susie, thank you very much for your feedback. So pleased to hear that you find having Petsecure in place gives you peace of mind, and thank you also for being such a loyal client. Much appreciated. Warm regards for 2020. Liz

John Stoker

John StokerPeel, WA

Very happy to have the cover. Couldn't live without it.

Excellent value for money. They are only a phone away call to set up the policy.
Claims are resolved in a matter of 4 or 5 days most times.
Been with PetSecure for 5 years.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi John, thank you very much for your review and feedback. We very much appreciate your loyalty. Warm regards and all the best for 2020. Liz

karen

karenPerth

Be lost without it

I have been very happy with the service,i have claimed several times this year money put back in the back usually within 10 to 14 days I would be lost without it.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Karen - thank you very much for your review. Its good to hear that you have been happy with our service. Warm regards and wishing you a peaceful holiday season! Liz

Douglas Spiers

Douglas SpiersGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Efficient service, punctual payment of claims

I have been with Pet Secure for about 5 years and have claimed a number of times.
At all times the claims have been handled efficiently and payment made promptly. The service is expensive but good insurance for unforeseen problems.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Douglas - thank you very much for your review. Its good to hear that you have found the insurance valuable and that you are happy with the service when claiming. Wishing you all the best for 2020! Liz