Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

1.0

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (1) and 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (2)

Mish K

Mish KMid North Coast, NSW

Disgraceful - No cover to cremate your pet?

Claim MadeYes
Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredDog
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Very Disappointed

Was given misinformation about what I was covered for, then when my dog had the treatment and I put a claim in it was rejected, I only found out it was rejected after waiting for 6 weeks with no response/ email or letter so I called and was told I wasn't covered for that issue. This WAS NOT what I was told on a previous enquiry. I wanted to check before I had the treatment to make sure it was covered so I didn't get any surprises. Very disappointed and will cancel my insurance.

Claim MadeYes
Number of Pets1 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredDog
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Liz W.PetSecure

How do I do this, I don't have FB or Messenger ? Still no official response by the way....

Still no official response, except when I called and was put through to an international call centre who seemed unsure of Thier response or my policy. Check out recent Google reviews people.

Dave

Daveasked

Accident Cover

If my 1 year old puppy has previously broken a bone in one of its front legs and had metal plate put in. Would this be covered in future if the dog has a new break on the same front leg?

Edna H.

Edna H.asked

PetSecure

what is the cost for full coverage for 2 chiwawahs?

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Edna, thank you for your question! The best thing to do is to go online and get your personal quote for your 2 dogs. There are a few variables, like the age of the pet and the cover you choose, which will affect the premium. visit www.petsecure.com.au to get a quick quote. You can also call 1300 855 160 and we can give you a quote over the phone.

Masniah W.
Masniah W.

I am not happy at all because i pay 5k for surgery and not cover and i was told it pre existing condition. but i was on insurance when she first start having the incontinent and i have not yet claim until this big surgery happened. so to me no point having insurance if it not even cover for int medicine. so if i have to pay 10K i won't get some back. so what the point paying 37 a month that just waste of money.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Masniah - thank you for your feed back - the underwriter would have reviewed the vet history of your pet to come to the decision - but if you private message me your policy details I will look into your claim. However it is correct that pre-existing conditions are excluded - this is because insurance is intended to cover unexpected events, and if the condition already exists then it would not be an unexpected event. You can also email me the details at liz@petsecure.com.au Regards, Liz

Pippin

Pippinasked

PetSecure

My dog ( Papillion) has very early stage spinal degeneration......7 years old No slipped discs etc and no need for surgery.
Would he be covered

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Pippin, this sounds like this is a pre- existing condition which means it would not be covered. He can only be covered for illnesses that are not pre- existing. Kind regards Liz

Get an answer from our members and PetSecure representatives

Compare both PetSecure
Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverNot IncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick ParalysisNot Included$500
Emergency Boarding Fees$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncluded