Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No

Never again!

Claim process too lengthy and generally have issues with uploading documents for claims. When I cancelled my policy, they continued to charges me an additional 2 months and stated it a was in their Terms and Conditions.

Claim MadeYes
Number of Pets1 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredDog
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Liz W.PetSecure

Hello Anonymous, I am sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience, and I am sorry to hear you have cancelled your policy. If there is anything that I can do to assist, please let me know. Liz

Anonymous
Anonymous

Hi Liz, it would be appreciated if you could refund the premiums taken off my bank account after I cancelled the pet insurance. Thanks.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Anonymous- can you send me your policy details and I will look into it? Thanks Liz

Dave

Daveasked

Accident Cover

If my 1 year old puppy has previously broken a bone in one of its front legs and had metal plate put in. Would this be covered in future if the dog has a new break on the same front leg?

Edna H.

Edna H.asked

PetSecure

what is the cost for full coverage for 2 chiwawahs?

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Edna, thank you for your question! The best thing to do is to go online and get your personal quote for your 2 dogs. There are a few variables, like the age of the pet and the cover you choose, which will affect the premium. visit www.petsecure.com.au to get a quick quote. You can also call 1300 855 160 and we can give you a quote over the phone.

Masniah W.
Masniah W.

I am not happy at all because i pay 5k for surgery and not cover and i was told it pre existing condition. but i was on insurance when she first start having the incontinent and i have not yet claim until this big surgery happened. so to me no point having insurance if it not even cover for int medicine. so if i have to pay 10K i won't get some back. so what the point paying 37 a month that just waste of money.

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Masniah - thank you for your feed back - the underwriter would have reviewed the vet history of your pet to come to the decision - but if you private message me your policy details I will look into your claim. However it is correct that pre-existing conditions are excluded - this is because insurance is intended to cover unexpected events, and if the condition already exists then it would not be an unexpected event. You can also email me the details at liz@petsecure.com.au Regards, Liz

Pippin

Pippinasked

PetSecure

My dog ( Papillion) has very early stage spinal degeneration......7 years old No slipped discs etc and no need for surgery.
Would he be covered

Liz W.PetSecure

Hi Pippin, this sounds like this is a pre- existing condition which means it would not be covered. He can only be covered for illnesses that are not pre- existing. Kind regards Liz

Get an answer from our members and PetSecure representatives

Compare both PetSecure
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncluded
Illness CoverNot IncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick ParalysisNot Included$500
Emergency Boarding Fees$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncluded