46Peugeot 308

Peugeot 308

46Peugeot 308
3.2

52% · 4234 · 42%
Brand Manager for Peugeot? Claim your listing.

Mohrie
Mohrie

Great for the family with the 7seats

This car is great for our family it's spacious and great on fuel and great for access for the kids ....I bought mine second hand with 95 000 KS on the clock and it has been a great car so far now has 110 on the clock ....as far as the reports about reliability go ...I think you just need to put in a bit of effort I put the 98 premium in mine and injector clean every 2500 KmS and have not had any issue with the motor ....yes it does rip through brakes but most Euro cars do ...and you must put full synthetic oil in the engine ..... but I must say so far happy with our little pug

Lizzy
LizzySydney, NSW4 posts
KEH
KEHMelbourne7 posts
  Verified T9
Frednerk
Frednerk4 posts

Crap

Have had this car for 6 years from new. Had endless problems compounded by very poor backup from the company here. No responsibility for problems they should have taken responsibility for, terrible availability of parts in Australia waiting weeks for basic parts to come from France. Terrible ride, awful transmission with multiple problems and failures.

Dave KI
Dave KI
Daisy
DaisySydney, NSW44 posts
  Verified T7
Tsquared
TsquaredTownsville6 posts
  T7

Listen when they tell you not to touch euro

Turbo has an oil leak, needs a new pump, timing chain stretched. All at only 70,000kms. If you're going to buy, get a comprehensive mechanical warranty. These cars are not built to last. Gave an extra star because it's a comfortable car, nice to look at and nice to drive.

Dick
Jaz
Decca
DeccaCanberra 2600, ACT25 posts

So Far, So Very Good!

At 145,000klms this car has been superb with no issues to date. I bought the car as a demo with about 4500Klms on the clock.

Only downside is that it rides a lot harder than previous Pugs I have owned.

I used the dealer for servicing whilst under warranty but now use a private mechanic

sallymac
sallymacBrisbane5 posts
  T7

The car itself was fine, the problem was with servicing

If you are contemplating buying this car check out their servicing customer focus. I found that I was left waiting long periods and had to return for a 15 minute job (then a 2 hour drive there and back).

If you want the car serviced in a reasonable time or stay while it is serviced and not wait long periods:

How long will the service take?

What time do I have to drop the car off to get the service done in a time frame resembling that period? In my case it was 7.30am.

They do not check and rotate tyres so replacements came very early.

I found they didn't really care about the customer and their situation at all, and after a complaint this was even reflected by head office.

Lizzy
LizzyMurray Region, NSW12 posts
Linda
LindaPerth9 posts

les
lesGoulburn Valley, VIC8 posts

First european car and first ever Peugeot sportium 2014 diesel

My wife always wanted a little car for her to run around. Both in our 50's she got her wish with brand new 2014 run out of superseded model 308 sportium diesel 6 speed auto. All I can say is that this vehicle does everything it is supposed to and does it very well. Drives like a big car, very comfortable and I am 190cm. Leather, instrumentation and driving all great, diesel economy and performance very happy with. Drove Focus, Mazda and Hyundai all boring and no oh yeah I want to drive this feeling...

Will see how it goes over the next 3-5 years... Have the locked in 5 year servicing and the 15.000km service interval also great.

Show details ·  1

donna.weston.988
donna.weston.988AU4 posts

Will NEVER buy another Peugeot

2009 308CC nothing but trouble since they day I bought it. I wish I had read these reviews before doing so. At 130,000km it is now on it's THIRD turbo charger. It was off road for 3 months in the first year of owning it. Problem after problem, and when things go wrong Australian mechanics as far as I can tell don't have a clue. I have a maintenance history about 10 pages long. If I wasn't locked into a 5 years lease, I would have dumped it long ago. As it is, this car will have cost me half as much again in repairs as the value of the car. DON'T BUY PEUGEOT - they look great, and drive nice, but when things go wrong, they go very wrong, and reading through this forum, that's pretty often...

euromix
euromix4 posts
grb Peugot
grb Peugot

2010 Peugeot 308 petrol turbo

This was a great car when first got it. Then 12 months later it just stopped. Was transported to dealer and they could not find the problem. Got the car back and it drove OK for several months. Then it stopped again. It was transported back to dealer and they found the head was warped. Apparently some of these were faulty. The warped head caused the solenoid controlling valve timing to jam. Been OK since, but now looks like it has a rear main oil seal leaking. Problem is it is out of warranty, 3.5 years old but only done 35,000km.

Kholtum
KholtumSydney, NSW5 posts
Unhappy
UnhappyRedland Bay

Don't but it

Have had nothing but problems with my 308 this year. Dealership and Peugeot Aust are both very unhelpful and keep passing the buck. Have had it towed back 3 times this year and have to fight and argue each time to get it "fixed" only to have it broken down again. Now it is out of warranty and am still fighting. Absolutely useless!!! At only 3 years old, it should not have problems and if it does one would expect someone would be able to diagnose and fix it.

Happy as....
Happy as....
marg
margGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Like the car

My 308 is 13 months old. Like the interior, very comfy to drive, glove box very small, customer service good, management solving problems not so good. 1 month after servicing my car I received message from computer top-up cooling fluid. Call to customer service: l need to bring the car back, they will remove the faulty switch as it apparently happened so often in the 308 but is not going to be replaced, the container where the switch is is going to be blocked. To say that I am not impressed is an understatement, quoting Peugeot "this switch is not necessary" and is no longer available, my question to Peugeot is anything going to be left out of this car after 5 years?
Nice, comfortable, efficient.
Bad warranty service. Show details
CG
CG

Peugeot 308 HDI

Bought the Sportium back in 2011. It's excellent to drive and is well built. Servicing in Melbourne has been very good. The main issues are the brakes (pads replaced after 20000klms). Replaced them with non-factory brakes. Storage is also limited. Glove box is laughable.

If you can live with the minor issues it's a great small car with a larger interior and a hint of design flare.
Spacious interior for a small car. Low down torque of the diesel.
Brake wear. Storage. Show details

LadyLouie
LadyLouieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
Yvonne B
Yvonne BSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
Noise Level
Duffy
Duffy

Hi, I've had the exact same with the exact car model that I purchased on the exact year. Reading this review I felt like I was the one who wrote it! Are you talking about the svc centre in Artarmon?

rick18Perth, WA44 posts

Ongoing Problems

For a 3 year old car I have had ongoing issues with oil leaks and electrical failures. In the past few weeks I wonder every time I get into the car whether it will start on not. I may have an "undiagnosed underlying electrical fault" is all Peugeot have told me to this point.
Fuel efficient.
Kate
KateCentral West, NSW14 posts
legrech
legrech
  T7

Love driving this great car

I am very pleased with my turbo Peugeot 308. I am more than impressed with the quality of the car. The finish on the the upholstery and the paint is above the standard of Australian and Japanese cars. The brakes are very impressive. They are so gentle when I stop that it feels that they are made from velvet.The only criticism I do have is that is not very economical. Next time I buy a Peugeot, and I will buy another one, I will buy a diesel.
The excellent finish and inclusions. Also the stand out style of the overall car.
As stated in review, the petrol consumption is a little high. I could not fault it in any other way. Show details ·  1
Longdrop
LongdropPort Moresby, Papua New Guinea14 posts
  T7
Overall
Noise Level
Performance
ViktoriaNSW, 200774 posts
sporotti
sporottiSydney, NSW43 posts
  T7

This is my 3rd Peugeot after 2 307's, I have done 45,000 klms with no problems except a warp in front disc, it's a 2.0L HDi with the 6 speed auto, great to drive and very economical, I would definitely buy another one.
Reliable, very strong performance from Diesel, economical and easy to drive.
Nothing except a slightly softer ride, tires very important here. Show details ·  1

AlbyPugster
beancounter
simon_502
simon_502NSW, 213713 posts
  T7

Good

These cars are great to drive. I have test driven all engine models in both hatch and touring and they all had their good points. The turbo petrol had the most power but I ended up getting the HDi turbo diesel touring and with a luggage pod on the top I got around 7L per 100km so the HDi is very very very cheap to run. The ability to remove all the back seats separately is a great feature too. In general a good family car at a reasonable price.
The touring has the best interior of any car I have ever seen. Good fuel economy, low emissions in the HDi. Great to drive. Nicely finished leather, 3rd row option in the touring.
The Petrol ones are a bit thirsty and the beige leather makes it look like a taxi. Show details

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Peugeot? Claim your listing.