Peugeot 508 W2.I

Peugeot 508 W2.I (2011-2017) Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Peugeot? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

13 questions from our users

Davie F.
Davie F.asked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

2015 508gt sheared its gearbox mounts only done 52000miles anybody know what would cause this?

Ekard
Ekard

The GT has active engine mounts which can fail prematurely due to the extra torque of the 2.2 diesel.
Not too costly to replace so long as you avoid a dealer.
I purchased the part online and got my local guy to fit.

Rana A.
Rana A.asked

I have Peugeot 508 2013 model
These is one thing about im worried is like it don’t change gears properly some time accelerator (RPM) goes upto 5 to 6 rpm and it don’t change gear even if im driving it on eco mode

Dorian
Dorianasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

Hi i am looking to buy 8-10 years old Allure or GT(DIESEL). I am attracted by the look and fuel economy but the vehicles have between 160 - 180k on the odometer?

Are they reliable cars that can last that long or i should go better with BMW E60 520D?

Consumer #1
Consumer #1

I have a GT now at 7 years old and low K's 80,000Ks, located in VIC, would you like to take a look?

George Z.
George Z.asked

508 has a common problem
Gearbox
Took it gearbox solutions
They want 3 k to fix
Peugeot tell you the gearbox is not to be serviced for lifetime of car .
After sipping on traffic lights car doesn’t move on take off , while you are revving to get going ; a big sudden bang happens moving the car by surprise giving it a big jerk that scares you .
Never again !!!!!!!

Sparky John
Sparky John
Rizki Adi
Rizki Adiasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

This is my first time that I'm interested in Peugeot brand. I'm interested in 2012 Peugeot 508 allure auto. it's one-owner car, and has 68691kms. I'm a bit skeptical about the price which is $17600. I'm afraid if the car will break down often in the future. I mainly driving on highway, not often to drive in city. I would like to know about Peugeot reliability, maintenance cost and resale value. Any insights? I really want the car but the price is little bit dodgy.

Joeasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

I have been offered 2013 508 Allure that has done 39,000k. Im upgrading from 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid (110,000 km). The 508 has had only one (old lady) owner and appears to be well looked after with all service history available. Just concerned about "European" cars and some of the issues raised in the reviews. Could someone please allay my fears

Nin
Nin

Thanks, Nin, this is helpful

designduo
designduo
Thomas Ndou
Thomas Ndouasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

When i switch it on always says stop ,engine fault,circuit fault, service. Any ideas?

Scottey
Scottey

No idea sorry mate.
Best to take it to Peugeot and get them to plug it onto the computer and they will know what's wrong straight away.

tonyj1011
tonyj1011
Max
Maxasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

Has anybody had an issue with a “clacking” noise in the 508? Sounds like diesel pump but it seems it is Steering Pump. Any experience anyone?

Pugasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

I have a Peugeot 508 2017 model, I have had four wheel alignments and the car pulls to the left. Has the power steering have a sensor?

Mark
Mark
Pug

Thank you Mark I will go to the dealer, I had the car back at the dealers four times and they only did the wheel alignment.

Bruceasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

Hi! Have not long had a 2011 508gt only done 19000 kms. Had no problems until a few days ago when I went to put my foot down to overtake and nothing happened, closely followed by it going into limp mode home. On getting home the engine was a little overheated but there was no indicative warning. Can anyone help with what it could be please?

Thomas
Thomas
Bruce

Thanks for that I will get it checked and look at the battery as well..

Alto
Altoasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

I am about to purchase a 508 Turbo Diesel 2.2 (2012) second hand. I love the car design and comfort. But I am reading blogs about how they are maintenance nightmares- electronics, overheating, excessive vibrations at high speeds. Does any owner of this beautiful car agree or care to comment?

sporotti

hello again forgot to mention my last Peugeot a 308 2.0l Diesel did 100,000 klms not a single motor, transmission, or electrics problems the only issue i had was the cover on the steering wheel coming away replaced under warranty

gas
gas

Nope, if now done 20,000kms and had not one problem. I love the car

edward ezra
edward ezraasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

I am having to replace the alternator and starter on my 508 is this a common problem? Love my car just dissapointed in having this problem car has only 72.000 km on clock.

Antc777
Antc777
sporotti

Mean't to say is the car still under warranty, i purchased an extra full 2 year warranty just in case, those parts should be covered i would think.

Pugpur
Pugpurasked
508 W2.I (2011-2017)

Just looked at a brand new one ,but with 2013 manufacture plate. What changes have been made between then and the current model please?

Peter68
Peter68
brian
brian

Peugeot 508 W2.I (2011-2017)

Other Wagons