Pfaff Ambition 1.0

Pfaff Ambition 1.0

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

a lesson in frustration

my husband brought me this machine for my birthday. the first one did not work right out of the brand new box. i took it back. the dealer switched it out for another new one. this machine was a bucket of non working bolts. the 2 months i had it, i was never able to complete one whole project on it. it work intermittently all the time. i kept taking it back and forth, getting loaner machines to finish projects. i even brought my old machine up from the basement to finish my projects. i was so frustrated i too wanted to throw it out of the window. finally, i took it back to the dealership for good. i'm done. good riddance to that rubbish!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Love my Pfaff!!!

I bought my Pfaff Ambition 1.0 almost 6 years ago now and I absolutely love it.

It's too bad to hear some people had issues with it, since I have found it to be very reliable. It has been in a couple of moves and each time it arrived it was just as perfect as before.

I like the IDT and the fact that threading the machine is so simple. And I love the needle down option - I use it every time I sew - I can't imagine living without it!

I've used it a lot and with different types of projects... From curtains to knits to raw silk accessories. I like that I bought the sewing machine past my ability so I could grow into it. I always feel confident that my machine can tackle any project!

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Coffee-lover

Coffee-loverCanberra

Amazing

I have found this machine to be amazing and have had no problems with it.
From small to large projects, it hasn't failed me yet. It is easy to thread, easy to clean and works perfectly with the variety of feet that come with the machine. The lighting is great and the removable shelf provides the ability to sew those smaller projects with ease. I love the start stop button which allows me to sew without using the foot pedal as well as the large number of stitches available on the machine. I think its a bit pricey (for which it lost one star), but worth the expense if its used regularly.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Two lemons in a row!

In November of 2016 I purchased a Pfaff Ambition 1.0. The first time I used it the motor overheated. I was sewing light weight cotton fabric. The Pfaff company replaced the machine. The second machine that I received wouldn't sew anything. I have been sewing for 50 years using name brand machines and have never experienced anything like this. I can understand one machine having a problem but two bad machines in a row leads me to believe that this model is not a quality machine. I cannot recommend this machine to any one.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Why the Grief?

This is the worst machine I have ever owned!!!

Purchased brand new, first problem it wouldn't work at all with plastic bobbins and I purchased exactly what the manual recommended. I ended up using old metal bobbins which worked better, but I still get bobbin thread nests. Pfaff has always built there machines with bobbins underneath not drop in, they really failed with there drop in bobbin, tension problems on a constant basis. I use gutterman thread, never cheap thread. I found its not as user friendly as my baby lock machines. I only bought it because I wanted the convenience of the IDT, forget it!!! The stress this machine has put me through UGH!! I'm ready to throw it out the window!!! Buyer beware. Don't buy!!!

No truoble

This does all i want it to and more. Had mine nearly 4yrs now and worked it well and it keeps going. I sew through many layers at a time with ease. Loads of fancy stitches I not used them all yet.easy to use and dies what you want from a machine

janegirl

janegirl

This machine has caused me nothing but trouble.

These use to be great machines, however, not anymore. I have had nothing but trouble with my machine...so bad that I sold it on gumtree, never again would I buy another Pfaff. It went back for repairs at least 6 times, as previously stated was told wrong tread, (I only buy good quality tread, so its a load of rubbish). Never again,waste of money. Now going to buy a bernina.

Fantastic machine

Absolute lemon

Ruth
Ruth
mc53

My warranty is up so I decided to take the machine to another dealer and pay for repairs.If it is no better I will trade it in on another machine.