Phil & Teds Traveller

Phil & Teds Traveller

See the Best Portacots in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Phil & Teds

Pros

• Compact and lightweight

• Easy to put child in cot

• Straightforward to set up

Cons

• Not as durable as expected

• Can be tipped over by active kids

Matt K
Matt KSydney

Great for travelling (traveller v4)

MajorH
MajorH

Glad I bought it.

We bought this for our 2.5 year old to sleep in on a recent holiday and were very pleased with how well he slept and fitted in it.
It was quick and easy to put together and pull apart (you don't PUSH the buttons in to disassemble, simply hold the frame and pull the legs off and they come off without too much effort).
My only niggle with it is that attaching the mattress to the clips in each corner is very fiddly, so I've knocked a star off for that, but this cot is otherwise excellent.

Lauren H
Lauren HAU

Really love it. Glad i chose it

TashSydney

Love my Traveller

Find out how Phil & Teds Traveller compares to other Portacots

Too small for our rolly baby

I used this cot when bub was 3 months old and not moving around much and found it perfect. However tried to use it again on a trip when he was 9 months and it was a nightmare. It's fairly narrow compared to a normal cot and he woke up all the time when trying to roll onto his belly or back and hitting the sides of the cot. He hates it now so unfortunately weare going to sell it and buy a wider (and unfortunately heavier) travel cot to try. I also found the matress while convenient in size much too hard for bub.
lightweight, zip side panel was great when he was little and not rolling as it made it easy to access him at night
too narrow for our baby who likes to move a lot in his sleep, matress is compact but very hard

Lightweight n easy

We take our Phil and Ted on all our holidays and its a lifesaver ! So easy to set up and sturdy
My son has never tipped it. The size of it may look small but DS sleeps comfortably like in his cot at home for 12 hours uninterrupted sleep.
Resale value is fantastic too
Light, easy, not too expensive considering resell
Mattress could be thicker but then DS never complained !

Rhedrm
RhedrmQueensland, 4350

Takes practice to set up but super easy to transport.

I bought this portacot after 2 years of using one of the 'traditional' ones. So much lighter, smaller and easier to pack in my car with all the gear for two kids. It is fiddily to set up and takes a few practices, it does take longer than other portacots to set up as well. Once setup it is great it is nice and long so my 3yo can fit in it still, even though it actually takes up a lot less space than other portacots.
Light, small, fully enclosed
Takes time to set up. Mattress is hard to cover with a sheet

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
jayden_akira
jayden_akiraNew South Wales, 2573

A pain to set up

Once its set up its a lovely port a cot but i wouldnt want to be setting it up regularly.. took forever, wasnt great quality either.. mine ripped after a few months.. although it was being used constantly as i couldnt be bother taking it down once it was set up!
Looks nice
Set up procedure

Dolly99
Dolly99NSW, 2010

Takes some practise

We use this when we go to friends houses over nap or bed times. Very easy to carry we set it up upon arrival to use later.
Lightweight, easy to carry even if you are walking somewhere.
It is expensive. You have to set it up a few times to get the hang of it. The mattress is meant to go into the base of the bed so there is nowhere to tuck into. I also make a 'pillow case' cover for it.

Lee575757
Lee575757

HI. can you move the cot with a 14 month old asleep?

sadlerij
sadlerijVic, 3181

Good once you know what you are doing!

The first time I set this up I thought "oh no" but now I know what I am doing it's pretty easy, sometimes I leave it partly assembled and just remove the long bars, it's still easy to handle and throw in the boot to head out to a friends house. We got a Mammas and Pappas from friends which we have set up at my Mums and I think if I had my time again I would still buy this one. The other benefit is the mossie screen, we stay at some nice places but not all of them have flyscreens so it's nice to know you have the added protection.
Light and easy to use when you know what you are doing

ice_blue
ice_blue

Good

We have used it a few times and it has been wonderful each time. because it is good quality we will be able to use it for our future children. not good if you want a portacot to also act as a playpen as its not as big as others.
extremely light weight in comparison to other portacots. access from side is good because bending over top can be very difficult. easy to set up. mosquito netting. very good quality.
although its straight forward to set up, the set up can be time consuming as it doesnt just pop open like other portacots. Not as big as other portacots so not much room to play in.

MrsYogi
MrsYogiAdelaide, South Australia

Perfect for our overseas trip!

We bought this to use with our 8 month old to travel to New Zealand for 3 weeks. Prior to going we practised assembling and disassembling the cot and by the time we went overseas we had it down to a 5 minute job. We found the travel cot compact & lightweight enough to put in our suitcases for travel, and our baby slept beautifully in it. We plan to use it for #2 later in the year when we go on another holiday.
Very compact & lightweight, making it ideal for overseas travel
Takes time to learn how to assemble

KayMaree
KayMareeAU

Great for travelling and moving house

I've used this porta cot as a temporary bed whilst moving. It is very easy to assemble and to my surprise it is not that hard to fit back in the bag. It is not the lightest and most compact on the market but it looked the most sturdy rather than a flimsy tent and is still extremely portable (even with a stroller and travel bag in the boot of a hatch). My little one has no problem sleeping in it at 3 months and she is happy to keep herself amused in it after she wakes up.
Light, compact, easy to assemble and dismantle.
If you follow the uk safety standards then there is no way to tuck in a blanket. But you can put the mattress inside if you wish.

emailpip
emailpipGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good

great product for parents like us who travel alot and also like to go out to friends places for dinner as you can pack the phil&teds and know that our babe will go down in it and sleep.

easy to assmeble and disassemble which is the a big factor. does not come with any extra bells and whistles - but that's ok as then it would weigh more and take up more of your luggage allowance!

The mesh on the frame is 81% UV blocking and comes with it's own carry bag which is essential for the aeroplane.

Well worth the $'s.
so light to travel with only 2.2 kgs
vast range of colours to choose from
be aware your babe rests on the ground above a self inflating mattress, not like the trditional portacot

Mabi
Mabiasked

One of the legs broke, is it possible to find a replacement? (Im in perth)

Chichineni
Chichineniasked

Hi I just bought the latest version of traveller cot (version 4) and was wondering why it is so much shorter than the previous version (I think the sleep area is over 30cm shorter) - also why my cot doesn't have those infamous clips that secure the mattress to the cot base - are they not necessary - or is my cot less safe without them?

LovePT
LovePT

I am not sure whether in Europe they sell exactly the same model but my version 4 is 120cm by 60cm big. The clips are present on mine and you absolutely need some way to secure the mattress to the bed. I know that in Canada the bed was discontinued due to the clips not meeting their safety standards so I do not know if that has something to do with it. I suggest you contact P&T directly or return the bed if you do not feel comfortable with it.

Wildtala
Wildtalaasked

Is the zip on just the side of the portacot or the front? i have a 9 month old that i want to secure in the cot so if he can escape its not good for us...

Rena 13
Rena 13

My model is the slightly older one but the makers thought of escapees. The zip pull is on the outside and there's a loop and toggle that can be done up to prevent little fingers opening it.

See all Phil & Teds Traveller questions

Get an answer from our members and Phil & Teds representatives

Features:

• The Phil & Teds traveller™ travel cot is adaptable for both indoor and outdoor use, so you can use it for sleep and play wherever you go - it’s a staple for nights away as well as picnics.
  • A zipped side lets you put your child in and out without having to bend over each time, and also lets it double as an opened up playpen or as a closed sleeping space.
  • Breathable mesh sides and global safety certification gives you peace of mind while your child snoozes.
  • Your little one can be comfortable in this cot, as it has a thermally insulated mattress and a fitted sheet made from OEKO-certified fabric that’s free from hazardous substances.
  • Phil & Teds markets this cot as being able to be assembled in under 2 minutes.
  • You also have the option of purchasing a mesh top accessory for outdoor excursions to keep your baby shaded and keep mosquitoes and other insects away.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the portacot was lightweight and compact, and easily packed away for storage, in the car, or with other luggage.
  • They also appreciated how easy it was to get their baby in and out of the cot - this was mostly because of the convenient side zip.
  • According to reviewers, this cot was quick and simple to set up.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers noted that the cot wasn’t as durable as they expected it to be, saying that some parts - such as the elastic connecting the pipes and the zipper cords - broke or frayed from strain rather quickly.
  • A few reviewers also said that their active, young children were sometimes able to tip the cot over. This means it may not be suitable for use as a playpen by all children or for children who move a lot in their sleep.

Points to consider:

• The cot is advertised as being able to be assembled in under 2 minutes, however many reviewers - even those who found the set up to be simple - found that it usually took a few minutes longer than this.
  • A few reviewers also had trouble with disassembling the portacot. As some reviewers stated, you need to hold the frame and pull the legs off - you don’t need to push the buttons.
CategoryPortacots