Philips Sonicare AirFloss

• Battery Life
  • Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes (2) · No (1)

Disspointed

My family are onto our fourth in total - all four have broken down - the longest any have lasted is 6 months. Harvey Normal has told me I cant keep returning them as it must be us doing something wrong - its not us, its the product - I absolutely love the way it functions. My dentist told us that my sons teeth and gums were better than they had ever been - hence we kept trying to replace them. They just break down all the time. I don't know what to do with the two I have that have stopped functioning as I cant return them. I only replaced one 3 months ago and at $189.00 each I'm truly disappointed

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

Sensitive Teeth/GumsNo
ROG

the most recently purchased wont take a charge another ceased the spray action and two ceased the spray action made a weird high pitch noise. Cleaning was of no assistance.

Does not work for long. I've had problems since shortly after I purchased so I'll replace with Waterpic.

Product didn't worked properly shortly after purchase. My dental hygienist replaced hers 3 times. I will replace with Waterpic. Phllips customer service only offered a 20% discount coupon off full retail to replace

Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes
DLV
DLV

Effective

I do like the Phillips air floss and have had no issues in using it. My concern is keeping the chamber and end of the flossed clean. It seems to be very dirty from water deposits. I never use mouth wash in it. I am concerned that I am shooting muck into my mouth. If I can see what is going on on the outside what is building up on the inside

Purchased in June 2017.

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Find out how Philips Sonicare AirFloss compares to other Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Lasted me 2 years... not sure why others have such a bad experience

I had mine for 2 years. It only stopped working because I always used it in the shower. Battery became weak but still okay. Gonna order one more from aliexpress.

Purchased in September 2017 for $65.00.

Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes

Hard to use

There's no good instruction for how to use this product. It required a individual stand to get charge on this product, its better improve as the diamond clean toothbrush. Good luck

Purchased in September 2018.

Philips S.Philips

When it works, it is great, but after a few months... It just breaks...

I have purchased my first Sonicare Airfloss Ultra from Shaver's Shop on Pitt St in the CBD, it works for about 3 months than the bump just shut itself down, so I went to the shop and got a replacement. After another 3 months, the same issue happened to the replacement, and I went back to the shop for another swap.... Guess what? It happened again just last week... Now I don't know what to do with it? Should I go back and get another swap? or should I just ask for a refund?

Purchased in January 2019 at Shaver Shop.

Keeps breaking down

I love what it does. My gums have never been healthier but I'm on my third as they keep dying. Last one has lasted less than eight weeks. Tried cleaning it as directed on website to no avail. I give up. Too expensive to persevere and my local.harvey Norman store is going to blacklist me if I keep returning them at this rate. Great idea. Terrible design

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Brittany

BrittanyIllawarra, NSW

I love using the sonicare air floss the first few times I used it and used floss straight and I missed one or two teeth

I feel like this products cleaned my teeth better then floss unless you miss a spot. I like that it has an option for one blast 2 or 3 blast. It sits on the bath room vanity and holds charge for about 3 to 4 days

Purchased in May 2019 at Shaver Shop.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Brittany, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences here, it's much appreciated! We're glad to hear you feel like the device does its job well. :-)

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

very average

i guess it worked well but i soon returned to regular flossing after buying as it felt like it did a better job. it dies super fast and just isnt worth it

Purchased in April 2018.

Josh M

Josh MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well but I went back to regular flossing soon after buying.

Works well but I went back to regular flossing soon after buying. It feels like i was doing a better job with regular floss and I had issues using the AirFloss between some of my teeth due to the tight space.

Purchased in June 2017.

Bryan M

Bryan MDublin

One my second one in less than a year and it has just died exactly as the first one did..

One my second one in less than a year and it has just died exactly as the first one did. Tried charging for 24 hours and that did nothing. From reading the reviews here this is not uncommon. I wish i had seen these reviews before purchasing. I'll buy a waterpik instead and bin the one i have.

Lou

LouAustralia

Gum feel great

So easy to use and my gums have never felt cleaner. Much easier than flossing and with 3 extra heads with the purchase the whole family is using it. Its so quick and convenient to use.

jess

jessMelbourne

love it

this is the most expensive teeth brush I have ever bought and it did not disappoint me and it works really well with my teeth as well! I feel like my teeth becomes whiter after using it and even the dentist recommend this!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Jess. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we're glad to hear you like our product. :)

Works great

Great product for those who cant be bothered to floss. I would still use regular floss as well on occasion but this is great for a daily basis. Bit bulky on the bench with the water resorvoir.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Paul, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Sonicare AirFloss! Great to hear that you're so keen on the appliance. Happy flossing!

Norman

NormanSydney

nice addon for teeth flossing, but cant do exactly same thing as normal flossing

I use this at home and it definitely cleans differently than string floss. Regular floss is effective but messy. Flossing picks are convenient to use but don’t work as well (if you are going for a thorough clean). I like that I can fill with oral rinse and get it below the gum line. I use all three types and would not recommend using the Air Floss as your only floss.

Rubbish

I’ve had 2 of these things and both have failed. The first one started making a funny clicking sound with no fluid output, changed under warranty. The second one didn’t even last as long as the first one and simply doesn’t do anything. It’s does charge but that’s it. These are very expensive - not impressed.

Isabella

IsabellaMENINGIE EAST

Great toothbrush for ultra-clean teeth

This electric toothbrush gives an exceptional clean. I have braces but it still makes it easy to clean my teeth- it doesn't hurt or anything. I can't really fault it except for that it doesn't have the rubber bit at the back of the toothbrush head to brush the tongue. The "gum care" setting cleans the gums really well and the "polish" setting makes my teeth really white. I couldn't get my teeth this clean and white with an ordinary toothbrush plus I like the shape of the brush head which makes it comfortable just to slide it along my teeth/gum line. It's built is solid.

Shawnee

ShawneeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good and Bad

It was very easy to use and to carry, especially when we traveling. The idea of use mouthwash with this machine i think its excellent .
I really like this , and i use it everyday.
But for some reason, this machine keep broken after like 3 months. Still can turn on, but when you press the button nothing come out.
I have to change it again and again, the current one i use is the 4th one.
This is not just happen to me , i asked some of my friends who use this as well. Same issue happen to them as well.
I really hope this issue can be fixed, coz i feel like i need this machine to clean my teeth , i feel uncomfortable without it.

A werewolf

A werewolfMORRISONS

Effectively protect my oral health

This electric toothbrush has improved my gum health problem very well. The design of this product is very delicate, very human, meticulous in workmanship, powerful in cleaning, better care of the health of the mouth, and long battery life. Good products for home travel, good reviews

mc787954

mc787954VALENTINE

Philips Sonicare AirFloss

This electric toothbrush is a good friend of mine sent me, I like Philips brand, this is a very good brand, I get up every day to use this toothbrush, electric toothbrush can effectively remove the bacteria on my teeth, better protect my teeth, product features is to be able to use the vibration of the way to clean my teeth efficiently and completely

Phil in Dallas

Phil in Dallasasked

The Air Flosser only activates once and then turns off. I put the Flosser back on charger, press the activate button and the ON button and orange flashing light comes on, BUT will not pulse more than once. Need to fix that! ! ! Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Phil. Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you've issue with your toothbrush. We can imagine how inconvenient this must be for you. We'd like to see what we can do to help you with this. Could you please reach out to us on Facebook/Twitter by phone 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Our product specialists will find a solution for you. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Jason T.

Jason T.asked

My nozzle doesn't click on my Airfloss and when I spray the mouthwash comes out of the base. How to fix that?

Hi there Jason,
Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear the nozzle of your Airfloss doesn't click on properly. In this case, we recommend reaching out to our Consumer Care team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They would be happy to assist with this for you.

Stephen Capper

Stephen Capperasked

Why won’t it turn off?

ROG

Because they are poorly made. I love the product but they don’t last.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your question. It's unfortunate to hear you're having some issues with your AirFloss. We'd love to see how to assist with this. You can reach out to us at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual