Philips Sonicare AirFloss

3.0

• Battery Life
  • Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes (5) · No (5)

Worst reliability.

I really love the flossing ability of these products but the reliability is atrocious.
I have had numerous replacements before warranty expired.
I have had both the original and pro versions. Both unreliable.
All the original versions all leaked water internally and destroyed the electronics
The top switch in the pros fails because the contacts in the microswitch corrode.
Oral b Braun products are unbreakable.
Why can’t Philips do the same?
No wonder this product has been discontinued.

Purchased for A$150.00.

Philips S.Philips

Poor battery and poor warranty

Very poor battery quality. Broken in 9 months and 1 month for the replacement again. No replacement as warranty again. Philips didn't respect 2 years warranty service. Don't buy it (case no.600021200864)

Purchased in June 2019 for A$80.00.

Francie7376Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product but cashback çlaims are a scam

Purchased in May 2020 at Shaver Shop Online store for A$365.00.

Francie7376

So what is Philips going to do about it? You want me to go to their facebook page and then what? That's not a solution. Give me a contact name and person I can talk with who will give me the $80 cashback I am entitled to.

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Find out how Philips Sonicare AirFloss compares to other Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Dean E

Dean ESydney, NSW

Nowhere near as good as using an interdental brush

The product works ok, but I get a much better result using interdental brushes and they are a lot faster.
I am going back to my regular regime as I feel it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2020 at David Jones for A$150.00.

Broke after 13 months

On 13 months, it now turns off whenever i push the button to activate the flossing. I had seen several people complaining at the lifespan of their Philips air flosses and electric toothbrushes, but hoped mine would be a good copy and would last. Sadly disappointed. That being said, it has a 2 year warranty, and the customer support team were excellent to deal with and get a new handle on the way.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$200.00.

DDP

DDPGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good then my gum started bleeding on dropping manual floss

I bought this a few months ago because it’s hard to reach the big teeth. My dental said any water floss works the same. After I used this for about a month, my teeth started bleeding. I have followed the way per instructions. Then I went back on my manual floss, the bleeding stopped in a few days.
Hmmm, I am not sure why. So when my teeth started bleeding I felt like it is not so useful.

Battery is ok as I’ve only had it for a few months
The water tank is a bit small and I saw another comment mentioning if he would have stuff he didn’t know into his mouth. I agree! I checked the tank one day, it has the water mark at the bottom which flows into the system. It’s a bit hard to clean

Purchased in February 2020.

6 in 5 years!

I bought the air floss 5 years ago and Philips were great to start with when the first 5 broke. Free postage and quick turn around. But then they changed their policy and only replaced 1 year after the original purchase... clearly the 6th one broke a few weeks ago, less than a year after Philips sent it. Will never buy one again. The fact that many broke means there is a problem with the product.

Purchased in August 2015.

Nick
Nick
Philips S.Philips

Hi Nick, we understand your point. In this case, we advise you to contact our customer support team via: 0 20 79 49 02 40 (Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 18:00). We hope this helps you!

Disspointed

My family are onto our fourth in total - all four have broken down - the longest any have lasted is 6 months. Harvey Normal has told me I cant keep returning them as it must be us doing something wrong - its not us, its the product - I absolutely love the way it functions. My dentist told us that my sons teeth and gums were better than they had ever been - hence we kept trying to replace them. They just break down all the time. I don't know what to do with the two I have that have stopped functioning as I cant return them. I only replaced one 3 months ago and at $189.00 each I'm truly disappointed

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$189.00.

ROG

the most recently purchased wont take a charge another ceased the spray action and two ceased the spray action made a weird high pitch noise. Cleaning was of no assistance.

Does not work for long. I've had problems since shortly after I purchased so I'll replace with Waterpic.

Product didn't worked properly shortly after purchase. My dental hygienist replaced hers 3 times. I will replace with Waterpic. Phllips customer service only offered a 20% discount coupon off full retail to replace

DLV
DLV

Effective

I do like the Phillips air floss and have had no issues in using it. My concern is keeping the chamber and end of the flossed clean. It seems to be very dirty from water deposits. I never use mouth wash in it. I am concerned that I am shooting muck into my mouth. If I can see what is going on on the outside what is building up on the inside

Purchased in June 2017.

Lasted me 2 years... not sure why others have such a bad experience

I had mine for 2 years. It only stopped working because I always used it in the shower. Battery became weak but still okay. Gonna order one more from aliexpress.

Purchased in September 2017 for A$65.00.

Hard to use

There's no good instruction for how to use this product. It required a individual stand to get charge on this product, its better improve as the diamond clean toothbrush. Good luck

Purchased in September 2018.

Philips S.Philips

When it works, it is great, but after a few months... It just breaks...

I have purchased my first Sonicare Airfloss Ultra from Shaver's Shop on Pitt St in the CBD, it works for about 3 months than the bump just shut itself down, so I went to the shop and got a replacement. After another 3 months, the same issue happened to the replacement, and I went back to the shop for another swap.... Guess what? It happened again just last week... Now I don't know what to do with it? Should I go back and get another swap? or should I just ask for a refund?

Purchased in January 2019 at Shaver Shop.

Yueh
Yueh

Yesterday, the replacement airflows broke again. However, this time is a different issue, there is power to the unit, but every time when I press to use it, it just shut itself down. Any idea?

Model HX8460

Keeps breaking down

I love what it does. My gums have never been healthier but I'm on my third as they keep dying. Last one has lasted less than eight weeks. Tried cleaning it as directed on website to no avail. I give up. Too expensive to persevere and my local.harvey Norman store is going to blacklist me if I keep returning them at this rate. Great idea. Terrible design

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Brittany

BrittanyIllawarra, NSW

I love using the sonicare air floss the first few times I used it and used floss straight and I missed one or two teeth

I feel like this products cleaned my teeth better then floss unless you miss a spot. I like that it has an option for one blast 2 or 3 blast. It sits on the bath room vanity and holds charge for about 3 to 4 days

Purchased in May 2019 at Shaver Shop.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Brittany, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences here, it's much appreciated! We're glad to hear you feel like the device does its job well. :-)

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

very average

i guess it worked well but i soon returned to regular flossing after buying as it felt like it did a better job. it dies super fast and just isnt worth it

Purchased in April 2018.

Josh M

Josh MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well but I went back to regular flossing soon after buying.

Works well but I went back to regular flossing soon after buying. It feels like i was doing a better job with regular floss and I had issues using the AirFloss between some of my teeth due to the tight space.

Purchased in June 2017.

Bryan M

Bryan MDublin

One my second one in less than a year and it has just died exactly as the first one did..

One my second one in less than a year and it has just died exactly as the first one did. Tried charging for 24 hours and that did nothing. From reading the reviews here this is not uncommon. I wish i had seen these reviews before purchasing. I'll buy a waterpik instead and bin the one i have.

Lou

LouAustralia

Gum feel great

So easy to use and my gums have never felt cleaner. Much easier than flossing and with 3 extra heads with the purchase the whole family is using it. Its so quick and convenient to use.

jess

jessMelbourne

love it

this is the most expensive teeth brush I have ever bought and it did not disappoint me and it works really well with my teeth as well! I feel like my teeth becomes whiter after using it and even the dentist recommend this!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Jess. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we're glad to hear you like our product. :)

Roslyn E.

Roslyn E.asked

Sonicare AirFloss

The cap over the water reservoir has broken off - can it be replaced or do I have to spend another $200 for a new Airfloss

kenny r.
kenny r.

Is it broken or just popped out.
If it’s broken I think it is bad luck.
The AirFloss has been discontinued.
You can pick up a new bare flosser on eBay though.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Roslyn, what a pity that the reservoir door on your Airfloss has broken off. We would like to check if a spare part can be ordered. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to get in touch with our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Our colleagues will be happy to check the availability for you.

Kind Regards

Brian V.

Brian V.asked

Sonicare AirFloss

My base does not run when the flosser is placed in it to refill and does not refill the flosser. Any ideas?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. If you need any further assistance or advice regarding the your Sonicare, please feel free to contact us directly: (AU) 1300 363 391 or (NZ) 0800 658 224.

Tim

Timasked

Sonicare AirFloss HX8240

Had it charging for a few hours and the power button will light up when pushed. But nothing happens. Daughter left it here when she moved away, does recall much about it. Do I need a brush installed at the top for it to work? Or could it be the battery is toast? We have other non Philips tooth brushes, older then this one and the batteries will still take a charge. Any thoughts before we trash this, white, HX8240? Thank you.

Philips S.Philips

Hello Tim, we are sorry to hear that you Airfloss is not responding to your attempts to get it to work. We are happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Then we will be able to see how we can help you.

Kind Regards
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives