Philips AJ2000

Philips AJ2000

Definitely worth purchasing.

With clean lines and a display that is surprisingly clear and easy to read from a distance, I think by virtue of the mirrored finish which I was unsure about, but it really looks great, not glitzy. Thanks to the previous reviewer who helped with my decision to purchase this clock/radio online. Although I must be a bit thick, I found the enclosed set up instructions a tad cryptic, but it was easy enough to find and download the full instructions from the Philips website. The radio stations tuned effortlessly and sound good, and the alarm feature (rising in volume) is also appreciated. Value for money.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this alarm clock, Amandala! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. :) But it seems you were already able to locate the full manual yourself. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Everything I needed!

Have been looking for ages (literally years) for a smallish, decent looking digital-tuning alarm clock radio for under $50.
FINALLY found this one!
So far it's going well. It's quite wide, for sure, but it's not deep nor tall. The mirror finish is interesting, in a good way.
The rising-volume alarm (buzzer or radio) works very well. The radio stations are very clear, especially considering my old analogue-tuning clock could barely pick anything up. Speakers are good, but then again I'm not using it as a boom box.
The display has 3 dimness settings. I have it on the lowest but could have it on higher and it'd still be good (not too bright) in a dark room. We really don't need all 20 radio presets, but they're there if you want them.

The instructions are simple to follow for setup, for those with half a brain. The one thing it doesn't have is a button for changing daylight saving. Meh. I can live without it, considering all the other requirements I had have been met.

I've seen people comment in other reviews that if the alarm goes off you can't turn down the volume if you just want to then listen to the radio. So you'd have to turn off the alarm, then just turn the radio on. It's an extra button press. Seriously.

Hi there, We appreciate the kind words! This is a helpful review, for us as well as our other customers. Thanks for writing. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamPhilips, what I was truly looking for - if you could pass this on - is a radio alarm clock with a 'skip' button which when pressed, skips the next alarm from going off but leaves the alarm set. This is for all those times when you wake up just a bit earlier than the alarm is set to go off, and so don't want or need the alarm to go off, but you don't want to turn off the alarm entirely (because of course you'll forget to turn it back on!). Seriously amazed this isn't a feature already. If the AJ2000 had this, I'd be in radio alarm clock heaven. Had the AJ2000 for a month now and am extremely happy with it.Hi again, We have verified this with our product specialists and unfortunately none of our Clock radio’s have this function that you're enquiring about. Sorry for the inconvenience! Kind regards, The Philips Australia team