Philips Clock Radio AJ3232B/79

Philips Clock Radio AJ3232B/79 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: AJ3232B

1.8

Grumpy

GrumpyCanberra 2600, ACT

Design flaws

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute rubbish

bretann

Thanks for your response. It has been returned to you via my retailer

Phil777Perth

I'm an electronic technician and some spectrum network analysers are easier to use.....

The user interface on this is supremely poor to say the least.
Intuitive - it should be, but is def. not.... Obviously designed to use the least amount of buttons possible.
Radio sensitivity is very poor as has already been pointed out by the previous reviewer.
OK for a clock if you don't want to touch it after you've set the time....
Built to a low price - stay away.

Phil777

Thanks, appreciate you responding.

Electronics

Find out how Philips Clock Radio AJ3232B/79 compares to other Electronics

ROBERT STUTSEL

Extremely difficult to use - poor reception

PhilipsPhilips
See all Philips Clock Radio AJ3232B/79 reviews

julieluasked

+Philips Official please advise whether it is true that the volume ascends for the "Radio Alarm" function? I cannot see that on the box and it seems very strange not to be able to set the volume as suggested in the reviews. That would be a deal breaker for me as I specifically want an AM radio model to gently acquaint me to the new day... and i would not want to get up first just to change a setting.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. We found this in the muanual of the AJ3232B/79: "When the alarm sounds, volume increases gradually
to the maximum alarm volume. You cannot adjust the alarm volume manually". So indeed it seems you cannot adjust the maximum volume of the alarm, but it does increase gradually. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

julielu

Can you please advise how gradually it rises? I.e. How long does it take to reach maximum ? And does it rise to highest volume too?

Garry
Garry

The idea is the louder it gets, the more likely it is to wake you. Nice idea but bloody annoying if you want to leave the thing on. There are a whole range of things that makes this product complicated and hard to use. I needed to have the instructions by the desk all the time. I do not think I am a dummy, Got a law degree and a science degree in chemistry and mathematics

Jack

Jackasked

Is this a 24 hour clock or am I just unable to find the right buttons to press & set the time ?

Philips S.Philips

Hey Jack, it goes without saying that you should be able to set the time. Please have a look at the manual: http://philips.to/2bCar7c

If things don't work out, do not hesitate to contact us at 1300 850 633 for further assistance.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Its a 12 hour clock.
Mine set itself automatically once I plugged it in.
If yours is 24 hrs you might have to play around with the buttons on top

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives