Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 (page 2 of 5)

MPNs: HD2237-72 and HD2237/72

Pros

• Makes delicious dishes

• Wide range of cooking functions

• Generous 6-litre capacity

Cons

• Inner cooking pot isn’t durable

• Product is used
  • Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking

3tandyPerth, WA

Disappointed

After having trouble with my first one I was excited to pick up my replacement only to find out it has the same fault. The saute function doesn’t work. Press the saute button, press start and 20 minutes later it’s still heating up and hasn’t changed to ‘keep warm’ or ‘beeped’ to warm me the two minutes we’re up. Customer service we’re helpful but I won’t try my luck again. I’ll swap it for a Crock Pot or something else at the retailers.

3tandyPerth, WA

Can’t fault customer service

Bought this product on a Thursday. Used it Friday and the digital timer wasn’t working. Rang Philips on the Monday who talked me through an exercise, confirmed it was faulty, emailed a reference ID through and now I’m just waiting for a replacement to arrive so I can start again. Good customer service.

My Review

My ReviewBrisbane

Love It!

We cook soups, chicken & even steak I’m our slow cooker, it’s a one pot wonder. It retains th flavour and has a number of preset options to make life easier. It takes a little getting used to but once you’ve used it a few times you will love it!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you're having a great time with your Multicooker. Feel free to reach out to us, if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Pressure Cookers

Find out how Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 compares to other Pressure Cookers

Sharyn

SharynHobart, TAS

In love with this new found kitchen toy!

Have had this fab multi cooker for one week now still learning how to drive it but loving how quick and easy it is and how flavoursome the dishes are!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys.

Kay W

Kay WSydney Surrounds, NSW

OMG! A RECIPE BOOK!

Right away was impressed there was a recipe book!!! Rare inclusion! My old multi cooker didn't have one and I kept having to look things up online. I was also able to purchas a stainless steel bowl insert! Thumbs up for these 2 offerings that most others do not have.

If it cooks well and is not faulty in any way, I'll be over the moon! Thanks Philips!

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for $199.00.

Rubi

RubiSouth East Queensland, QLD

First time using multi cooker

I bought this product to replace our old crock pot. One cooker to use for everything. So far so good. Its a bit confusing with the slow and pressure cooker settings. I have to watch videos on using this product to get use to it. Its so nice that you can do saute , add ingredients and cook.
Love it

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $159.00.

Pri

PriSydney, NSW

Swiss army of cookers

Definitely fit the bill as a multi-cooker. It's easy to clean inner pot is the easiest non-stick pot. Even if the food gets to the bottom of the inner pan, soaking for an hour solves that issue. Consider countertop space, before you purchase it, however it can eliminate rice cooker/pressure cooker or other slow cooker devices. I love mine. Does a great job of cooking varieties of recipes. I haven't used the cake baking option nor the yogurt making options. Mainly use it as a rice cooker/bake pot roast. Love the idea of not being to use my in wall oven during the hottest.

Purchased in October 2019 at Amazon for $143.00.

Lady Catrine

Lady Catrine

Very happy with this product - great for legume preparation and lectin free cooking

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon for $154.00.

Marky

MarkySydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product!

I bought this pressure cooker two months back and am using it regularly. It has many cooking options and I am enjoying making curries, soups, and vegetables. It is easy to clean and is of good quality. I am satisfied with it and will recommend for sure!

Purchased in November 2019.

Product is usedDaily

Carol

CarolSydney, NSW

Very disappointed with the inner ceramic pot

I purchased this cooker late November 2019, have only used it for making brown rice so far, so have used it for roughly 6 times. Brown rice comes out perfectly cooked in a short time, however there are already specks of scratches everywhere in the pot.

I use it carefully, only with a plastic rice spoon, clean it with normal dishwashing liquid and a sponge, but still these scratches appear.

I’m very disappointed as it is evident this inner ceramic pot will not stand up to simple cooking.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for $169.00.

Yyilmaz

Yyilmaz

Works really well

I’m not much of a chef. But I can google recipes online. This slow cooker gives me options. My first few tries turned out less than ideal, but I think I’ve got the hang of it now. Excellent build quality.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $137.00.

Nala

NalaMelbourne

Love it, but the inner pit is flimsy

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $160.00.

helpfulreviewer

helpfulreviewerSydney, NSW

Let Philips deal with the pressure when it comes to cooking!

I have been using this pressure cooker for two months on a regular basis. It has made cooking and prepping weeknight dinners so much easier! Its great for curries, soups, and baking vegetables. Easy to clean and the instructions are clear.
It also comes with a recipe book which actually has some quality recipes.

When you cook soup or make stock, remember to have the pressure release naturally rather than hitting the vent release, otherwise liquid will shoot up from the valve!

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones for $169.00.

Jason

Jason

Can't cook bone broth for soup. Limited to 59 minutes.

Cooking Bone Broth takes several hours of pressure cooking to release the nutrients and collagen from soup bones. This machine is limited to 59 minutes. Competitors are not. Yes you can restart the process several times, but that defeats the purpose of easy set and forget cooking. I will be selling mine and buying another brand.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Sara

SaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great cooker with various functions .

I bought it last month because of the positive reviews here. I tried bake , stew and pressure cooking function . I really love it especially baking potatoes and pumpkins, it saves time and keeps moisture unlike real oven. Stew pork was good too , the meat tasted tender and soft . I don’t really follow their provided recipes book but I mostly follow peoples recipes online. For safety, you’ll have to wait a while for pressure cooking before you vent the button , otherwise it might spill out the soup / sauce. Minor negative comments was it takes longer than I express for the processing time before counting down and I’d love to have more stylist design of its appearance. Other than that , it’s a good kitchen buddy !

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Home Living for $169.00.

Julie c

Julie cSydney, NSW

Best product ever

This cooker can be used as a pressure cooker or slow cooker. I make curries in mine . I get a smell in the seal but I just put it outside in the sun. It is a easy machine to use and easy to clean up.My food comes out beautiful. I leave the lid off mine all night so it gets rid of any smell that is in the pan. But overall I'm very happy with this machine.

Purchased in May 2018 for $168.00.

Jill

JillKatherine, NT

I absolutely love this product

This is an excellent appliance. It allows me to quickly cook meals and also keep them warm once they're done! It also makes super moist cakes and works really well as a slow cooker too! I love the fact that I can cook a corned beef in just over an hour and cook chicken breasts in just a few minutes. I love the sautéing function that allows me to fry up some ingredients before adding the rest. Absolutely awesome product and I wouldn't be without it! Great job Phillips!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $139.00.

neo

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

jasmin

jasminSydney, NSW

Finally a kitchen appliance that is worth the bench space!

I’ve had my pressure cooker for about 2 months and I love it! The selling point was the multi function settings you can choose from.

So far I’ve made yoghurt, cakes, hot cakes and curries! It’s so easy to use and clear to select which setting and timer you want to use.

I am looking forward to using it for the rest of winter!

Purchased in June 2019.

Sewsoau

SewsoauAdelaide

Cooking up a storm

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

See all Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 reviews

Vanessa H.

Vanessa H.asked

I just received my new multi-cooker last week and gave it a go. Cooked a soup
And then rice last night. Today I tried a soup again but there was steam coming out from the lid. I only realised after it seemed ages that it hadnt started cooking. I removed the lid to try and seal it and saw the soup boiling rapidly and already cooked. It didn’t matter how many times I tried I could not get a complete seal around the lid, steam was always escaping. I removed everything and washed it and checked all was ok but still no difference. How do I work out what is going wrong?

Hi there, Vanessa.
Thanks for reaching out to us! We are sorry to hear this. It could be the case that the pressure level inside
of the appliance is abnormal. In this case the safety valve will be releasing steam. Take the appliance to your Philips dealer or a service center authorized by Philips.

Please get in touch with our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

kashal a.

kashal a.asked

Is this BPA free?

Hi there, Kashal,
Thanks for reaching out to us. All of our products that come into contact with food are free from BPA, unless stated otherwise on our webshop. Our All-In-One Multi-Cooker is BPA free!

We'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

isa

isaasked

hi
what is the size of the rubber that a phillips premium all in one cooker take please?
my pot worked well but nowdays i see foam bubbling out of the valve. it still keeps pressure but bubbles continously is it the rubber?
isai

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your message. We'd like to invite you to elaborate on your question at our support teams. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

See all Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Features

• A 6-litre capacity provides a generous amount of cooking space to prepare meals for a family of 4-5 people - or 2-3 people, with leftovers for the next day.
  • Cooking functions include slow cook, pressure cook, saute/sear, steam, bake and make yoghurt.
  • Slow cooking times are programmable up to 12 hours, with an adjustable range of high settings from low to high.
  • 7 pressure cooking modes allow for versatility in pressure cooking, allowing you to fast cook a range of foods.
  • The Keep warm setting kicks in automatically after the cooking time is finished (excepting yoghurt and saute/sear).
  • A stainless steel outer body pairs with an inner cooking bowl that’s coated in 5 layers of ceramic. Philips states that this ceramic coating is stronger than most inner pots, which are made with a non-stick coating.

Points of Praise

• Above all, reviewers loved that the Philips Original All-In-One Multi Cooker prepared well-cooked, tender food that tasted delicious.
  • The pressure cooker function is a particular fan favourite, as it cooked food that tasted outstanding, and quickly.
  • Reviewers appreciated the set-and-forget functionality, particularly those who had previously used a stovetop pressure cooker, which require something of an eagle eye to cook with safely.
  • This multi-cooker is easy to use, even for those who are using an electric multi cooker for the first time.

Points to consider

• A number of reviewers didn’t agree with Philips about the quality of the inner bowl. Home chefs stated that the ceramic coating is thin and doesn’t last very long. Some opted to buy an additional stainless steel bowl to replace the original bowl with.
  • When the timer is activated using the saute function, it won’t count down unless there is no food in the bowl - meaning you’ll need an alternative timer if using this function.
  • The lid and sealing rings retain the smell of foods cooked inside the multi-cooker, however this doesn’t taint the taste of future dishes prepared inside the appliance.
CategorySlow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers