Makes delicious dishes
Wide range of cooking functions
Generous 6-litre capacity
Inner cooking pot isn’t durable
Reviewer Photos & Videos
Faulty and Dangerous product. Poor follow up service.
I purchase this from myer online. On second use, it came up with error 1 (technical manufacturer issue).
I phoned myer who referred me to Phillips.
The cooker was switched on after pressure cooking some soup and sitting there for 1 hour. On the phone to customer support, they asked me to look at the bottom for serial number.
I turned lever to release steam and it exploded hot liquid while I was holding my baby.
I was on the phone for 3 hours to Phillip with no suitable solution. They referred me back to Myer, which I had to inconveniently carr...
Purchased in August 2020 at Myer for $179.00.
The inner black pot after cooking peels off it’s nonstick coating, the second replacement pot Is doing the exact same thing. Philips acknowledged issues with all their black inner pots and would replace by a stainless steel pot which I’m still waiting for. Do not buy this product!!! Unsafe as all chemicals go into your food. I have disposed off all my other cookers to replace with this and been stuck now for months with this... Been 10 days now and I’m still waiting for what was promised, now they are telling me due to Covid there are delays a...nd they are still waiting for the product to be received by them and they can’t do express post so I’m assuming it will take another ten days after they receive the order for me to finally get mine n start using it.
Purchased in February 2020 at Coles Group & Myer Gift Card.
- Verified purchase
Very disappointed with the inner ceramic pot
I purchased this cooker late November 2019, have only used it for making brown rice so far, so have used it for roughly 6 times. Brown rice comes out perfectly cooked in a short time, however there are already specks of scratches everywhere in the pot.
I use it carefully, only with a plastic rice spoon, clean it with normal dishwashing liquid and a sponge, but still these scratches appear.
I’m very disappointed as it is evident this inner ceramic pot will not stand up to simple cooking.
Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for $169.00.
Find out how Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 compares to other Pressure Cookers
Know better, choose better.
Can't cook bone broth for soup. Limited to 59 minutes.
Cooking Bone Broth takes several hours of pressure cooking to release the nutrients and collagen from soup bones. This machine is limited to 59 minutes. Competitors are not. Yes you can restart the process several times, but that defeats the purpose of easy set and forget cooking. I will be selling mine and buying another brand.
Purchased at The Good Guys for $199.00.
Questions & Answers
Is this BPA free?
what is the size of the rubber that a phillips premium all in one cooker take please?
my pot worked well but nowdays i see foam bubbling out of the valve. it still keeps pressure but bubbles continously is it the rubber?
Hi there, thanks for your message. We'd like to invite you to elaborate on your question at our support teams. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.
The Philips Australia Team
Does this multicooker have a bake function for cakes etc and does it air fry... as I’ve seen another brand that does both of these but the Phillips has very good reviews... thanks Kaz
Not sure about baking, but it definitely doesn't air fry. From my extensive research and other readings the consensus is that: those models that do air frying don't do a good job in comparison to two separate appliances. In addition, two separate appliances that will do a better job cost less. Hope it helps
Thanks, I’m now looking ninja multicooker. The reviews are very good, though the air fryer, still good is slightly slower in the multicooker from the review Cheers
Hi there Tatte,
Thank you for reaching out. Good news: you can also bake using the multicooker! You can also steam and even make desserts with it. Pretty versatile, may we say so ourselves. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our product team directly. You can do so at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Monday to Saturday: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They will be happy to help you out.
The Philips Australia Team
- A 6-litre capacity provides a generous amount of cooking space to prepare meals for a family of 4-5 people - or 2-3 people, with leftovers for the next day.
- Cooking functions include slow cook, pressure cook, saute/sear, steam, bake and make yoghurt.
- Slow cooking times are programmable up to 12 hours, with an adjustable range of high settings from low to high.
- 7 pressure cooking modes allow for versatility in pressure cooking, allowing you to fast cook a range of foods.
- The Keep warm setting kicks in automatically after the cooking time is finished (excepting yoghurt and saute/sear).
- A stainless steel outer body pairs with an inner cooking bowl that’s coated in 5 layers of ceramic. Philips states that this ceramic coating is stronger than most inner pots, which are made with a non-stick coating.
Points of Praise
- Above all, reviewers loved that the Philips Original All-In-One Multi Cooker prepared well-cooked, tender food that tasted delicious.
- The pressure cooker function is a particular fan favourite, as it cooked food that tasted outstanding, and quickly.
- Reviewers appreciated the set-and-forget functionality, particularly those who had previously used a stovetop pressure cooker, which require something of an eagle eye to cook with safely.
- This multi-cooker is easy to use, even for those who are using an electric multi cooker for the first time.
Points to consider
- A number of reviewers didn’t agree with Philips about the quality of the inner bowl. Home chefs stated that the ceramic coating is thin and doesn’t last very long. Some opted to buy an additional stainless steel bowl to replace the original bowl with.
- When the timer is activated using the saute function, it won’t count down unless there is no food in the bowl - meaning you’ll need an alternative timer if using this function.
- The lid and sealing rings retain the smell of foods cooked inside the multi-cooker, however this doesn’t taint the taste of future dishes prepared inside the appliance.
|Category||Slow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers|
|Keep Warm Setting||Yes|
|Dishwasher Safe Parts||No|
|Outer Body Construction Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cooking Bowl Material||Ceramic Coated|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless Steel|
|Cord Length||1.2 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
Visit official website
- GTIN13: 8710103875598
- MPN: HD2237-72 and HD2237/72
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.