Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

MPNs: HD2237-72 and HD2237/72

Pros

• Makes delicious dishes

• Wide range of cooking functions

• Generous 6-litre capacity

Cons

• Inner cooking pot isn’t durable

• Product is used
  • Rice Cooking

lesleyhillyer

lesleyhillyerSydney, NSW

Overall, a good product

I bought this unit to replace my 15 year old, very used, stove top pressure cooker. Overall, I'm happy with it, particularly the fact that it's set and leave - it stops the cooking process without my involvement.
I mostly use the pressure cook function.
Initially there was a seal missing from the lid, and I had a lot of trouble dealing with Philips customer service - slow as a wet weekend to fix the problem, so I had the unit for about a month before I even used it.
I'd like to see a better quality coating on the inner bowl. It's very thin and scratches very easily.

Purchased at Myer.

Douglas

DouglasSouthern and Hills, SA

Truely like my pressure cooker however .....

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

bkm

bkmMelbourne

Perfect addition to kitchen

We purchased this all in one cooker 2 months ago and I’m very satisfied with this purchase. The slow cooking option is best for overnight cooking. It also has the pressure cooking and baking options.

Purchased in July 2020 at Costco for $179.00.

Pressure Cookers

Find out how Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 compares to other Pressure Cookers

Angie

AngieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love it!

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer for $179.00.

Lana

LanaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still experimenting

I made beef ribs and dates pudding from the recipe book, both turned out delicious! There was no suggested time in the recipe book for cooking common things like pasta or steaming vegetables or chicken. I experimented cooking vegies and pasta but all turned to mush unfortunately.
Unit is very quiet and did not release too much steam.
I also purchased the stainless steel pot, which is handy to interchange when making 2 dishes.

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon.

locks3

locks3Perth, WA

Inspired to Cook more and more !

Read the reviews and purchased this one on that basis. No regrets whatsoever. Being Vegetarian means that some of the functions are of limited use. Did, however, read the included recipe book (several times) and have tried 3 or 4 recipes with increasing success. I am even beginning to like cooking (not something a male would normally say).
Only 2 minor complaints.
1) The recipes include cooked rice but...there is NO mention of HOW to cook the rice in the documentation !
2) The Pressure Cook button cycles through the options but, the text is so small that you need a magnifying glass to see them?
Roll on my next gourmet attempt.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $169.00.

My Review

My ReviewBrisbane

Love It!

We cook soups, chicken & even steak I’m our slow cooker, it’s a one pot wonder. It retains th flavour and has a number of preset options to make life easier. It takes a little getting used to but once you’ve used it a few times you will love it!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you're having a great time with your Multicooker. Feel free to reach out to us, if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Yyilmaz

Yyilmaz

Works really well

I’m not much of a chef. But I can google recipes online. This slow cooker gives me options. My first few tries turned out less than ideal, but I think I’ve got the hang of it now. Excellent build quality.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $137.00.

Nala

NalaMelbourne

Love it, but the inner pit is flimsy

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $160.00.

Pressure Cookers

Sara

SaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great cooker with various functions .

I bought it last month because of the positive reviews here. I tried bake , stew and pressure cooking function . I really love it especially baking potatoes and pumpkins, it saves time and keeps moisture unlike real oven. Stew pork was good too , the meat tasted tender and soft . I don’t really follow their provided recipes book but I mostly follow peoples recipes online. For safety, you’ll have to wait a while for pressure cooking before you vent the button , otherwise it might spill out the soup / sauce. Minor negative comments was it takes longer than I express for the processing time before counting down and I’d love to have more stylist design of its appearance. Other than that , it’s a good kitchen buddy !

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Home Living for $169.00.

Sewsoau

SewsoauAdelaide

Cooking up a storm

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

Tom

Tom

Does what it claims - cooks all sorts of things

After trying the bake function (I made a cake) and some soup/stew function I’m pretty happy with this machine. Because it’s kind of bulky and tall, it does not fit in many cupboards which is a downside.

I did find the controls very easy to use, however when you select a bake time of “20 mins” or similar, it does not factor in the time it will take to build pressure or heat up which is another 5-10mins. It would be nice to have more of a total amount of time on the readout. Cleaning this was really easy too. I’ll be making a few more recipes with the timer function so it’s ready when I get home from work.

Purchased in June 2019.

See all Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 reviews

kashal a.

kashal a.asked

Is this BPA free?

isa

isaasked

hi
what is the size of the rubber that a phillips premium all in one cooker take please?
my pot worked well but nowdays i see foam bubbling out of the valve. it still keeps pressure but bubbles continously is it the rubber?
isai

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your message. We'd like to invite you to elaborate on your question at our support teams. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

The Philips Australia Team

Tatte K.asked

Does this multicooker have a bake function for cakes etc and does it air fry... as I’ve seen another brand that does both of these but the Phillips has very good reviews... thanks Kaz

Kapitoshka
Kapitoshka

Not sure about baking, but it definitely doesn't air fry. From my extensive research and other readings the consensus is that: those models that do air frying don't do a good job in comparison to two separate appliances. In addition, two separate appliances that will do a better job cost less. Hope it helps

Tatte K.

Thanks, I’m now looking ninja multicooker. The reviews are very good, though the air fryer, still good is slightly slower in the multicooker from the review Cheers

Hi there Tatte,

Thank you for reaching out. Good news: you can also bake using the multicooker! You can also steam and even make desserts with it. Pretty versatile, may we say so ourselves. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our product team directly. You can do so at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Monday to Saturday: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They will be happy to help you out.

The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Features

• A 6-litre capacity provides a generous amount of cooking space to prepare meals for a family of 4-5 people - or 2-3 people, with leftovers for the next day.
  • Cooking functions include slow cook, pressure cook, saute/sear, steam, bake and make yoghurt.
  • Slow cooking times are programmable up to 12 hours, with an adjustable range of high settings from low to high.
  • 7 pressure cooking modes allow for versatility in pressure cooking, allowing you to fast cook a range of foods.
  • The Keep warm setting kicks in automatically after the cooking time is finished (excepting yoghurt and saute/sear).
  • A stainless steel outer body pairs with an inner cooking bowl that’s coated in 5 layers of ceramic. Philips states that this ceramic coating is stronger than most inner pots, which are made with a non-stick coating.

Points of Praise

• Above all, reviewers loved that the Philips Original All-In-One Multi Cooker prepared well-cooked, tender food that tasted delicious.
  • The pressure cooker function is a particular fan favourite, as it cooked food that tasted outstanding, and quickly.
  • Reviewers appreciated the set-and-forget functionality, particularly those who had previously used a stovetop pressure cooker, which require something of an eagle eye to cook with safely.
  • This multi-cooker is easy to use, even for those who are using an electric multi cooker for the first time.

Points to consider

• A number of reviewers didn’t agree with Philips about the quality of the inner bowl. Home chefs stated that the ceramic coating is thin and doesn’t last very long. Some opted to buy an additional stainless steel bowl to replace the original bowl with.
  • When the timer is activated using the saute function, it won’t count down unless there is no food in the bowl - meaning you’ll need an alternative timer if using this function.
  • The lid and sealing rings retain the smell of foods cooked inside the multi-cooker, however this doesn’t taint the taste of future dishes prepared inside the appliance.
CategorySlow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers