Philips Aquatouch S5070

I am happy with it so far.

For some reason, cheaper models have very slow motors, takes ages to shave with them. This model runs a bit faster and gives a reasonable shave (only used it three times so far, so it might improve as my skin adjusts to it) none of them run as fast as my 1980`s 555 which gives a good close shave and still has the original blades.

Hi Leon, thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you like it. If you ever do have any questions for us, don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 363 391 or through http://philips.com/support/. We'll be happy to help you out! Have a nice weekend. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Beard trimmer jammed

Had this for only a few months but the beard trimmer is now jammed internally with hair. I only use it once every few days and I wash it after every use but because of how poorly designed the trimmer is hair falls inside the attachment and can't be washed out. The trimmer attachment can't be disassembled or opened like the shaver attachment so it can't be cleaned thoroughly. Was bought this for Christmas to replace a 10+ year old Braun that never missed a beat. Waste of money, already using the Braun again.

Hi Ben. Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We're sorry to hear that the trimmer attachment is jammed with hair. We can imagine this is far from ideal and would like to ask you to reach out to our product specialists to see if there's anything they can do for you. If you're based in Australia you can reach them on: 1300 363 391, and if you're based in New Zealand on: 0800 658 224. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Not a perfect Shave.. Experienced first time and regret.

First time I tried to switch from traditional Razor to Philip AquaTouch wet and dry (S5070/04).. my experience was horrible.. it doesn't give clean shave.. Precisin trimmer even doesn't work at lot.. Feel cheated after buying this.

Hi there, That's definitely not the first impression we want you to have. We do recommend to give it another chance though, as it may take a couple of weeks before your skin gets fully adapted to the new shaving system. It's also normal that you need to learn how to use the new device. Make sure to shave with circular movements, while not exerting too much pressure on the skin. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Pointless.....

I have been a user of Phillips shavers since I started shaving over 20 years ago,Using a blade only on special occasions to get that really close shave.l I have noticed a slight decline in build quality over the years.
My wife purchased this model as a Christmas present. The Idea of a portable shaver that can be used in the shower looked great. The shaver looks fantastic but feels like a cheap toy.
It comes with Phyllip's famous cutting system but performs poorly, possibly due to the slow flimsy motor. You go over your face over and over but can not achieve a half decent cut. In the shower with the foam the motor really struggles and pointless, I grabbed a cheap blade that gave a better cut in a fraction of the time. It's only benefit of aqua is you can clean it under water instead of the traditional brush out.
I have currently reverted back to my older plug in model that even with dull blades cuts quicker and better. I don't think I will be buying another one. The more expensive models may be better but this model is pointless pardon the pun.

Hi Bernard, We don't like hearing that we lost a loyal fan. We do appreciate the honest feedback though! This is very valuable for us as well as for other potential customers. Maybe you can try to exert less pressure on the skin, so the hairs will get caught by the shaving system more easily. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamThe transition from an electric to a battery is a learning curve. Less pressure does make a difference. The battery life between shaves is also impressive.Thanx

Not satisfactory

This shaver is hopeless. It was purchased by family to help me shave when left with the use of one arm after an operation. I cannot get an anywhere decent shave.The ad claims 40 minutes of shaving on one charge. (One needs this and more)! I went to the trouble of travelling to the shop to ask advice as to whether I was using it correctly. The offhanded response from the manager, was that I needed to spend more money and buy a more expensive shaver. I would not recommend this product or the Shaver Shop, Pacific Fair.

Hi Bob, Thank you for your review. We want you to know that your feedback, positive or negative, is very valuable to us. It’s good to know that the first few shaves may not bring the expected results, this is because your beard and skin need time to adapt to the new shaving system. Also try shaving in a circular motion, this will ensure that the Shaver picks up the hairs evenly. We hope this helps you in getting the result you expected. Otherwise you can always call 1300 363 391 for more help if you’re located in Australia, or 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team