Philips Airfryer Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91

Philips Airfryer Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: HD9651-91 and HD9651/91

25 questions from our users

Marg

Margasked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

Hi I recently purchased a HD9651/91 XXL (Black) from TVSN while it seems to cook ok it keeps making a very loud motor noise, which if i pause then restart goes away. Is this normal or should i return and ask for a replacement. Have had the smaller models in the past with no issues.
Marg Edgar

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Marg. Thanks for asking and sorry for the late reply. Based on your story we think it's best to take it back to the shop. If you feel like discussing this further, please send us a message on Facebook on Twitter.

Mazzabasked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

Had just decided on the air-fryer make and model to purchase - Phillips Model 9651/91 - where the best buy was and the cash back. And then read comments on this review site , about purchasing accessories.!!! Do I need to purchase many accessories to use this appliance as noted in Astralyz's comments above. In other words is this unit complete or is it necessary to buy additional accessories?

richard
richard

Hi Mazzab,
this is not the model i have ,but i have seen it, there are limited accessories and i didnt need to buy any for my model for normal operation
thanks

Mazzab

thank your response appreciated.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mazzab, thanks for your question. Happy to hear you consider purchasing the AirFryer! The accessories are not essential for using but do give you some extra options, like using your Airfryer to bake muffins and bread.

shazasked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

I would love to own one of these airfryers but have read many reviews from people that have not had good experiences with this and other models. How does Phillips deal with the problems? Are the appliances replaced, repaired or refunded? I am reluctant to go ahead and buy one as I do not wish to have a battle to have an expensive appliance work as it should.

Ian
Ian

Hi there,
I've only had my airfryer for a month - so far - excellent performance :) so I cant answer your question about Philips responsiveness except to say that it came with a one year replacement guarantee

shaz

Thank you. That is encouraging to know.

larry
larry

Philips will repair the appliance under the warranty (2 years) but you have to deliver appliance to them and collect it. I have no experience with Philips service as I have had no problems. Never forget that you also have powerful protection under the statutory warranty laws e.g. the appliance must be ''fit for purpose'' . That means if you end up with a real lemon then Philips would have to replace the appliance with one that meets that purpose. That could be new or a totally 100% reconditioned one.
I doubt a company of Philips stature would not act ethically in the event of a real major problem.
When I check reviewers comments I always check all the reviews they have mad. One reviewer, for example, of a Philips Air Fryer was scathing and very critical. I checked all her/his reviews of various products which were 11 in total at that time. Every single review was 1 star and extremely negative. What are the odds? So I ignored that particular review.

Patrick

Patrickasked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

Hi we bought the xxl fryer today. Unpacked it turned on. It wont cook as it doesnt warm up at up. Air flows through and read manual but element doesnt warm up. Any ideas?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Patrick, thanks for your question.

We would like to congratulate you with your new purchase. However as you describe it, it hasn't been as festive as we would've hoped. As it seems the device doesn't work from the get-go we would advise to get in touch with the retailer where you've purchased the product and telling them the Airfryer was Dead On Arrival. If you don't get the help you're looking for at the retailer, feel free to contact our customer care at 1300 363 391 (AU). If you're located elsewhere, please find us through http://philips.com/support/.

We hope a working Airfryer XXL may grace your household very soon so you can experience the convenience it has to offer. :)

Melanie A

Melanie Aasked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

I can’t get crunchy chips? Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Melanie, thanks for your question. We can see you wouldn't want to sacrifice crunchiness. But don't worry, that shouldn't be necessary. :) It's advised to shake the fries a bit during the cooking process. Also make sure you use chips that are fit for the Airfryer or for an oven. If you're using your own potatoes for the chips, make sure to add a little bit of oil to lightly coat them with. Hope this helps!

See all Philips Premium Digital Airfryer questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives