Philips Premium Digital Airfryer

Philips Premium Digital Airfryer Questions & Answers

Compact Digital HD9643/17, XXL Digital HD9651/91, XXL Digital HD9650/93, etc...

153 questions from our users

Christina

Christinaasked

XXL Digital HD9650/93

Hi, can you please confirm if the HD9650 fits 8 inch accessories? Or should I buy the 7 inch accessories?

Thank you.

Hello Christina,

Thank you for your question. For more information, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to help.

Adrian G.

Adrian G.asked

Premium Digital Airfryer

My Phillips XXL air fryer will not exit the safety feature. I have only used it a few times and it seems to be a faulty product. How can this be rectified?

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is unfortunate to hear your Airfryer is acting up lately. The safety feature usually turns on due to overheating of the appliance. It is advisable to unplug the machine and let it cool down for 1 minute before plugging in again. If after trying this, your Airfryer still doesn’t exit the safety feature, please contact us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). Our product specialists will be happy to check what can be done to assist you further.

The Philips Australia team

Tabitha S.

Tabitha S.asked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Hi there, can you please advise what type of non stick coating is on the basket? Is it ceramic or something else?
Thanks :)

Philips S.Philips

Hello Tabitha, the non stick coating is made out of stainless steel. Hope this answers your question. If there is anything else you would like to know, please feel free to get in touch with us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

john

johnasked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Hi My Philips XXL air fryer shuts down when the smart chef program is selected. Thought it might be moisture so we tried with other froxen food and the sane thing occurs

Hi there John,
Thanks for reaching out to us right here. It could be that your AirFryer is faulty. We would like to invite you to reach us on our various social Media channels like Facebook and Twitter(@PhilipsCare). You can also reach out to us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. That way we can get this sorted out. We look forward to hear from you!

Ari S.

Ari S.asked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

I've had my XXL for two weeks. Everytime I use it, regardless of what I cook or how fatty the food is, the air fryer fills my house with smoke, literally to the point all does and windows need to be opened. The fryer is clean, no fat residue in the bottom and has the same result whether it's verges or chicken nuggets. It cools slowly and unevenly. Is it faulty? Can I return it? My old Kmart air fryer was far superior!

rikimo

I suggest you contact Philips or the shop you purchased from for a replacement. Gluck

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, Ari, thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the performance of your Airfryer and we understand that you would like to return it. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to get in touch with us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. One of our colleagues will then be able to advise you further on the right process for this.

Kind Regards

June K.

June K.asked

Compact Digital HD9742/93

Is this air fryer quiet and easy to clean? Any cons against it please before I buy
Thanking you

rikimo

It’s quiet and really easy to use due to the simple dials on the screen.
I would recommend getting the accessories on eBay which would allow you to cook diff food and help lift the plates or food out easily without burning yourself.

The chips isn’t crispy like they advertise unless you shake it half way.

Hey there June,
Good question, it's always a good thing to look up the pros and cons beforehand. The Airfryer is easy to clean, you can see how to do this and maintain it right here: https://bit.ly/2NM2uRStio If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our colleagues at 1300 363 391 (Australia ) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Have a nice day!

Sel

Selasked

Hi,
Touch screen has stopped working. Can it be repaired? It's about 8yrs old

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sel, thanks for asking. Sorry to hear this. In this case we advise you to contact our local product experts for further assistance. They can be reached via:

Call us
1300 363 391

Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST

Cris

Crisasked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Hi there, recently got philip xxl smart digital air fryer and drawer doesn’t go / fit all the way. Is there any solution to fit or to lock the drawer, even without pan and basket.. i tried with pan and basket and without but not helping to close it...

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that your device is not functioning correctly. We would like to look into it further. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to reach out to us directly on 1300 363 391. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with us on social media. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). One of our colleagues will then try their best to help you. Hope to speak to you soon.

Kind regards Philips Australia Team

Wheel_Nut
Wheel_Nut

Cris, I just fixed the same problem. You may be able to just use force but the better way is to undo a small bolt on either side of the slide rail. This allows withdrawal of the basket holder and gives access to the two rails. At the most inner part of the rails there are two rubber stoppers that limit the travel when you pull out the basket. Those stoppers should be fixed but evidently not sufficiently for us blokes who violently shake the basket. Push each rail in and that will force the rubber end stop, back to where it should be. This is about a 10 minute job when you know how to tackle it. You will need a very small TORX driver.

Mike
Mike

Same has happened to mine, 6 months old so it goes back under warranty, I am definitely not pulling it apart.
I purchased a Philips airfryer over others because I expected it to be good quality.

Judytash

Judytashasked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Hi team I purchased a XX air fryer in 2019 for my daughter from the good guys but I have not received my cash back yet

Hello Natasha,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear you haven't received your cash back. For further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with our colleagues at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can take a look at this for you. They'll be happy to help.

Ken R.

Ken R.asked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Hi, can u please advise if its normal that the back part of my airfryer has turned yellow/brownish. Mine is in white. I just used it twice and bought only couple of weeks ago.

Jing J.
Jing J.

I am sorry that I am not sure about that. I suggest that you ask Philips customer service team. They definitely should know that. Regards

Philips S.Philips

Hello Ken, thanks for getting in touch. That doesn't sound good and we like to get in touch and see how we can help. Alternatively, if the product is just 2 weeks old taking it back to the retailer is also the way to go.

Call us
1300 363 391

Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST

Hope to hear from you.

Dennis K.

Dennis K.asked

Premium Digital Airfryer

My brand new Philips HD9240 switches on, heats up but does not blow air through! I bought it too far away to travel back to the seller! please help.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Dennis, thank you for reaching out to us here. We regret to hear that your new Airfryer is not performing up to its standard. We encourage you to contact our product team directly via: 1300 363 391
(Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST). Our colleagues will gladly assist you!

Alexis G.

Alexis G.asked

Premium Digital Airfryer

My air fryer timer goes up instead of down during the cooking process. It climbs up every second. What must I do?

Hi Alexis,
Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear the timer of your Airfryer is acting up. Please give us a call on (AU) 1300 363 391 or (NZ) 0800 658 224, so we can see how we can help.

Joy

Joyasked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Is there a smaller version of the air fryer as I don’t cook for a family. Also does it have a rotisserie?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Joy, thanks for your question on this platform! We can see that an XXL model might be a bit much for a one- or two person household. We do have models that cater to that as well, and a small overview could be found over here: https://bit.ly/2zc810E. They don't have a rotisserie functionality, but due to the fast hot circular air displacement, you might get similar results on certain settings.

We hope this helps.

Ali Masked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

Purchased my Philips Airfryer Jan 2019 and have loved using it most days since then. Unfortunately now the drawer does not close flush with Air fryer and does not remain clicked into position.
The separation is at least 4mm allowing some warm air to escape. What can I do?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Ali, thank you for your question on here. It's most certainly great to hear that you've been enjoying your Airfryer a lot. The drawer however, should indeed sit flush. The only way to solve this, would be with a repair. We would recommend giving our customer support a call on 1300 363 391. From Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. If you're not based in Australia, we would recommend getting in touch with a team in your country instead. You could find them through this page: https://philips.to/2TjZsHK.

Ali M

Sorry, I have already spoken to your team on the helpline, to have my concerns dismissed as a 'usual' occurrence with the drawer. No help there.
Can you advise on where to from now and would these repairs be at my cost and inconvenience, seeing as though this seems to be an on going and frequent design problem for Philips Airfryer

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Ali - thanks for your reply.

We're sorry to learn that this was the outcome of your call to our customer service. Alternatively you could also reach out through social media on Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or through Facebook: https://facebook.com/Philips/. Perhaps another team can take another look at that, and perhaps help with handling the repair.

Cheryl

Cherylasked

XXL Digital HD9656/93

Not sure I’ve put the right model but purchased today XXL HD9861 with smart sensing. Does the handle come off for cleaning? And if not can it go in the dishwasher also?

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, Cheryl. Thank you for your question. All removable parts of the Airfryer are dishwasher-safe. You can find more information about the specifications here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HD9861_99/premium-airfryer-xxl/overview, and cleaning tips here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000003600/how-to-clean-the-pan-and-basket-of-my-philips-airfryer. For more information, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to help.

Chris W

Chris Wasked

XXL Digital HD9650/93

Fan is going but no heat. Had to turnoff at point because nothing would work on controls.

Daniel b
Daniel b

Mine just stoped working all together. The fan would run than mine would cut out. Waste of $500 so annoyed just over a year old too. It was great when it worked

Maggie S.Philips

Hello Daniel, & Chris Please contact our Consumer Care team to discuss your unit problem. They will be happy to assist you. Contact us on number 1300 361 391.

Margie Mac

Margie Macasked

Good morning,
What is the difference between the following Phillips Air Fryers please.
9656/93 and 9650/93
Both are 1.4L, so I am stumped what the difference could be.

Hi Margie,

Thanks for your question. These 2 models are indeed very similar, but the latter is simply a slightly newer model. Hope this explains it a bit.

Mark A

Mark Aasked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Hi just bought a XXL air fryer. Used it maybe 5 times and cleaned immediately after every use. Basket now doesn't close full, maybe a 5mm gap each side. What should I do?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mark, thank you flagging this with us. We recommend you to contact our product team, as they could assist you the best way. You could reach out to our colleagues via: 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST). We hope this helps you!

Douglas G.

Douglas G.asked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

how many liters is the xxl digital

Philips S.Philips

Hi Douglas, thank you for your question, The Airfryer XXL Digital has a basket with a 7.3L capacity. Feel free to return to us, if you have further questions!

Kent

Kentasked

Premium Digital Airfryer

Hi my xxl9654 air flyer drawer cannot after only 1 day of using it. May I know what is the reason and how to fix this issue?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Kent, thank you for flagging this with us. It's unfortunate to hear that your Airfryer stopped working properly. We advise you to contact our product team, as they could assist you the best way. You could reach out to them via: 1300 363 39 (Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST).

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives