Philips Premium Digital Airfryer

Philips Premium Digital Airfryer Questions & Answers

HD9643/17, HD9651/91, HD9650/93, etc...

130 questions from our users

kylea

kyleaasked

Premium Airfryer XXL Digital HD9650/93

which is better 9861/99 or 9651/91? Family of 2 adults and 2 male teenagers, and is the difference worth the price?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Kyleea, thank you for your question. Both products are ideal for a familiy of four. The higher end model is able to save favorite cooking settings, The 9861/99 model also has Smart Sensing technology, this means that a Smart sensor automatically adjusts the time and temperature for perfect results. We hope this helps. If you have any further questions, then feel free to contact us. We are available on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Eman b.

Eman b.asked

I have a xxl digital Philipps airfryer for almost one year now(bought from Qatar). When I turn it on,the display turns on with no beep sound . The touch buttons don't work to set the timer and temperature. When I press the knob button to start heating, nothing happen. I feel so disappointed for buying it again after my last Xl one failed also with a board issue.

Hi there Eman,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your Airfryer with us. We're sorry to hear it's been far from ideal, especially since this is the second time it has happened with your Airfryers. Please know that we'd like to investigate this for you further.

You can get in touch with our Consumer Care team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd be happy to help!

Michelle
Michelle

Just take it back and get another as they have a great service department..I have one and purchased three more for .y kuds and they alk widk perfect. Best of luck.

David

Davidasked

My daughter has a unit that turns on, all indicators are on but the fan doesn't seem to turn on. Unit heats up and will eventually cook. I have the same unit, fan turns on , frozen chips done in 10 mins, daughters takes 30
Been to repairers once, no fault found. Still problem. Known problem? Replacement this time as still in warranty?

Nicktj
Nicktj

How could no fault be found of the fan isn't coming on? Hmm strange. My fan comes on. That's the whole idea of an air fryer. If under warranty I would go for the replacement.

Hi David,

We're sorry hear to hear about that, this could indeed be an issue with her machine but it could also be that she's cooking on the wrong mode. For the fastest and crispiest chips we recommend the frying mode on your AirFryer. If this doesn't help out then you can feel free to give us a call at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST).

frank

frankasked

what is the difference between hd9650 and hd9861

Fired Up
Fired Up

Aside from the specs -about $100

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Frank. Thank you for reaching out. Both models differ slightly from each other. If you click on the link below, you will see a list-wise overview of these small differences. We hope this makes it a bit more clear, but you're always welcome to get in touch with our experts. For Australia 1300 363 391 and New Zealand 0800 658 224.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Michael H.asked

Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91

Is the door suppose to close flush?

Doreen
Doreen

The draw on my Philips xl airfryer doesnt close properly

Mine either !

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you've issue with the door. We recommend you to reach out to our product specialists via Facebook/Twitter or call directly 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). We look forward o your response.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

ozjanemay

ozjanemayasked

My turbo advance XXL air fryer cooked for 13 minutes I stoped baster and restarted after 6 minutes it stopped. I am using it outside as it is a hot day. I wondered if it may have overheated . I have waited 25 minutes but still not starting and no lights showing. Not safety switch ripped tried changing powerpoint. Any suggestion. My pork char sui is only 1/2 cooked. Not happy

Sandra

Sandraasked

Premium Airfryer XXL Digital HD9650/93

What are the differences between philips air fryer model HD9650/93 and modelHD9651/91

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sandra, thank you for you question. You can compare the two models through this link: https://bit.ly/34anW93. As you can see there are only small differences. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us through: AU 1300 363 391 or NZ 0800 658 224.

Trudie H.

Trudie H.asked

Retail price please

Hi there Trudie,
Thank you for your in interest in our Airfryers. By visiting our official website, you will be able to find all our available models, as well as their price.
If you need further assistance on our end, please feel free to contact us on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST).
Our Consumer Care team is always happy to help!

Lali S.

Lali S.asked

Premium Airfryer XXL Digital HD9650/93

Timer stopped working.what can we do

Silvana

how old is it and at the end of the day I would contact Phillips direct online because it depends on your warranty but at the same time they should fix it for the price we pay for it. They should assist you without any problems. At the end of the day Philips have a reputation as one of the dearest airfryers around so believe me they do not want bad reviews.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Lali. Thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our product experts directly on the below number for further assistance:

Call us
1300 363 391

Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST

Pam B.

Pam B.asked

What is the difference apart from the price
Why pay more to do the same thing?

Silvana

I understand where you are coming from but I have a tendency to break alot of things so one of my prime concerns in buying something is longevity and the longer the warranty I feel more safe and secure and the customer service is great

Cameron T.

Cameron T.asked

Premium Airfryer XXL Digital HD9650/93

Hi, can someone tell me which model of the following is the newer one? HD9650/93 or HD9651/91?

And which is the better model? I am looking to purchase another one for a family member.

Thank you.

Hello Cameron,

Thanks for being interested in our AirFryers. Both of these models have pretty much the same specs and price. For detailed information, we recommend reaching out to our team on the phone. You can contact our team on 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ) for assistance. Our colleagues will be able to help you further.

فادي ا.

فادي ا.asked

Hi, my philips air fryer fan not working every thing is working except the fan so no sound for the device when i switch it on in any program. Any help?

Jackie
Jackie

Sounds like you may have over heated during a cooking process. Your air fryer needs the fan to circulate the heat for it to work properly otherwise it'll cause the moter to over heat more. My advice is to stop using it & check if still under warranty. Regards Jackie

Hello there,

Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear this about your AirFryer. Please feel free to reach out to our team to get your appliance checked. You can reach out to our team on 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ) for assistance. Our colleagues will be able to help you further.

Lorraine V.

Lorraine V.asked

the price?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Lorraine, thank you for your interest in our Airfryer. All current prices can be found on our website: https://www.philips.com.au/. Simply click on the products tab and go to the cooking sections to see an overview of all available Airfryers and their prices. Hope this helps! Have a nice day.

jcullum

jcullumasked

What is the difference between HD9650/93 and HD9651/91
and which is the latest model? - its a bit confusing--
Regards John Cullum

Philips S.Philips

They indeed are very similar, jcullum. You could see that some of the differences are found in the accessoires that come with the device itself. We've prepared a small overview which you could check over here:

Petrina S.

Petrina S.asked

Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91

Hello. If I purchase this item online on EBay (brand new) is the warranty still valid? I notice some people return to the store of purchase if they have an issue. Buying online won’t allow me to do that, so what would be my option if I have an issue ?

Hi Petrina,

Thank you for the question - you can often return the appliance to an online store as well, but, rest assured, all products come with warranty. You can read more about the policy here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/warranty.html. We hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Ha Dang

Ha Dangasked

Hi,
I have just bought a Phillip XXL airfryer HD9651-91 two months ago. Now the drawer cannot close properly. Could you please help?
My email is [email address removed]
Thank you.

Wendy Farmer

Contact where you purchased it & replace under warranty

Peter

Remove the food pan and look up the back of the slide and the back of the open area as well. You will probably find a bit of food stuck in there.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It's unfortunate to hear you're having some issues with your new AirFryer. We can imagine this must be frustrating, and would love to see how we can assist. You can reach out to us directly at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

dawn j.

dawn j.asked

Premium Airfryer XXL Digital HD9650/93

My air fryer is less than a year old. The fan quit. Heating element still working, any help?

Definite warranty job.

Wendy Farmer

Contact store of purchase & replace under warranty

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for sharing this with us here. It's unfortunate to hear you're having some issues with your AirFryer, and we'd be happy to look into this for you. Please contact us directly on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

Looking forward to your message. :)

TJDinAus

TJDinAusasked

Premium Compact Digital HD9742/93

I have just purchased a Philips Avance HD9742/93 and upon unpacking, I noticed that the "splatter proof lid" was missing (indicated as included on documentation). I initially contacted Myer online (where I had purchased the item) and was advised that I would need to return the entire product in its original packaging and they would send out another, or I could contact Philips Customer Care, which I did. That contact was made ten days ago and only today, after calling Customer Care (located in the Philippines) again, I was provided with a tracking number and an projected arrival date of five days from now (note the shipment is simply Melbourne/Thomastown to Brisbane). Throughout the process of trying to get the missing part, it has become increasing evident that aside from their health care arm, the only true Philips presence in Australia is their product line distributed by third parties such as Myer, DJs, Good Guys, etc. This has been further frustrated by the fact that both part/accessory numbers, if the parts/accessories are actually available in the Australian market, are inconsistent with the publications put out by Philips itself. I fully understand the transition to a more global market is and will continue to grow but I am also concerned that this has allowed the providers of products and services such as Philips to compromise the level of customer support they attach to their brand. Unfortunately, this is not a new experience with Philips as I also own one of their oxygen concentrators and the experience of after sales support has been no different.

So, here is my question:

At what point does one give up on a particular product brand when availability, timeliness and accuracy of information are compromised by the established business model?

Jacqui
Jacqui

3 months ago purchased the Phillips XL and more recently the Phillips XXL. I wasn't aware of an " splatter proof lid" for either of these models of air fryers. I am currently (as of 23/8/2019) in contact with Phillips regarding access to a cash back offer on the newly purchased XXL. I have set up the Phillips account as required to access my cash back, but the email verification for my Phillips account in order to access the cashback isn't working. I am receiving feedback from Phillips regarding my problem, but having been re routed a few times to the promotions team and their IT team and back again, and, after over a fortnight of trying I am giving them another 48 hours before contacting consumer affairs in my state. Other than the issues with the cash back I am very happy with both the XL and the XXL. Between purchasing my XL and the XXL , I purchased two Aldi units, both of which failed at first use, and a Smith and Nobel, which has since failed as the handle doesn't lock in, after a month of use. The Phillips Air fryer is a far superior product, to any other air fryer on the market, but I am becoming concerned that their after sales service is lacking. Contact isn't easy and you get re routed, and fobbed off. What a shame as the air fryer is a great product.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, we very much appreciate you sharing your honest thoughts and experiences here. We do regret hearing that they have not been the best ones, though. Of course, things are not supposed to go down like this, and we apologise for the fact that it did. We will make sure to share the feedback with the concerned team, so they will be able to look into it and learn from it as well. As for the matter you experienced, it sounds like the lid is on its way to you now, correct? In case you have further case specific questions, you can always get in touch with our colleagues via 1300 363 391. Once again, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Jalexasked

I have my new airfryer for nearly 6 months.
Looking through the booklet it does not say that it has an element at the top,nor does it say to wipe it after each use.
Had a burn smell coming out the back,but did not see any burned items onsite.
After cleaning the airfryer and turned it on it still smelt smoky.
We turned it upside down to discover an element and one site had blackness on it.
Tried to wipe it with paper and would not come of.
Definitive an design fault.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jalex, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences here. What a pity to hear you're not completely happy with the design of our AirFryer. The heating element is indeed at the top, and we do recommend cleaning it regularly. Food residues stuck to the heating element can be removed with a soft- to medium-bristle brush. More instructions and a video can be found here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000012903/how-to-clean-the-insideheating-element-of-my-philips-airfryer. We hope this was helpful!

Jalex

We have tried to clean it that way and did not work.
The store said we can swap it for an other one.
They should have put a plate underneath the elements for easy cleaning.
We were never told about the elements,nor to clean it. It should have been in the instructions.

Hi Jalex,

We're sorry to see that the cleaning didn't help, but thanks for trying in any case. But do we understand correctly that you've now received a new one from the store? That would be great, of course. Perhaps, in that case, it might be helpful to follow the cleaning instructions in the manual here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hd9651_91/hd9651_91_dfu_eng.pdf#page=21.
We hope this will help with cleaning the Airfryer, so you can enjoy cooking with it again.

customer

customerasked

Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91

Hey guys i have bought an xxl less then a month ago from amazon.com.au. Recently noticed that the drawer doesnt shut completely. Is this normal. How do i contact the warranty ppl

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with us here. This does not sound right and we'd like to know a little more - would you mind ringing us on 1300 363 391 or sending us a message on our Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare)? Our team would be happy to look into this and see what they can do to help. Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,

Ashraf A.
Ashraf A.

Dears, I have bought an xxl less than one month ago and used it once, the second time the fan not working there is heating but no sound for the fan is this ok or what??

Hi Ashraf,

Thanks for reaching out to us. When the Airfyer is working, there should be a sound coming from the fan that cools it down. To make sure everything is working properly, we'd like for you to get in touch with us. You can reach us at 1300 363 391. You can also send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. We'll be happy to look further into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives